It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Record Broken for Wind Turbine Electricity Generation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Technology has come a long way since Chernobyl an TMI.

I think nuclear is a far better option than fossil fuels for a number of reasons.

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: nonspecific
You grew up with 3 coal fired generation plants within 8 mile radius. Could you tell us the impact on your or anyone's health while they were operational? A rational guess from me would be none.

Those that shout for nuclear, wait for a plant near you especially if it goes Chernobyl/ 3 Mile Island. Don't say it wont happen, accidents will always happen. The crap from Chernobyl got as far as Wales. Well they told us then not to eat Welsh lamb because of contamination, but what they didn't say was to get to Wales it had to go over the whole of England. But then again it was clever fall out as it didn't want to fall in England. And don't get me going on the disposable of spent fuel rods.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Tarantula777

These turbines have the exact same fatal flaw as solar panels
They work fine in certain geographic areas.
Unfortunately when you are out of those areas the power generation drops substantially.

The turbine mentioned in the op has a rotor diameter of 222 meters or 728 feet... That's frickin huge...

People need to understand that these green energy projects are not going to be enough to replace all of the other means of power generation.
Yeah, we can build solar and wind farms...
But we also need new nuclear and natural gas..

Just for reference:

St. Louis Arch 630ft
Eiffel tower 984.25ft
Statue of Liberty 305ft
Washington Monument 555ft

So yeah, that one big fan.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

People need to understand that these green energy projects are not going to be enough to replace all of the other means of power generation.

They aren't enough, yet. Technology improves and drastically. It's only a matter of time before the tech behind renewable energy reaches a point where it provides nearly all, if not all, our energy needs.

I've heard my whole life how electric cars are a joke because it take fossil fuels to produce and charge. Of course it does! It's brand new tech in a fossil fuel dominated world. As renewable energy becomes better and more common place, and it will, the backbone of our energy network will be dominated by then.

I've also heard how renewable energies are garbage and incapable of true energy production. However, the tech has come a long way since I studies it in college.

It's fine to blast new technologies, since that can spur growth, but it's short sighted to think we won't unlock more sufficient technology to solve the current problems.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   

do you avoid all the risks??

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RonaldBrister

I'm not sure what you mean?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: InwardDiver

till there is a huge jump in battery tech electric cars will still be a joke and where I live they will probably stay a jokefor the future.

I drive to the artic circle in an afternoon.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Of course, technology takes time to adapt to multiple applications, especially extreme applications. There was a time when computers couldn't hand images, much less video, applications. This has changed drastically over the past 40 years.

Cell phone batteries used to fail within a year and take long to charge, now they're programmed to fail because they continue to work and they charge faster than ever.

The advances in technology in the past 20 years is amazing. It's always changing and at a faster rate than ever.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Hmm.... So what is the Death Count of Shore Birds being Decapitated so far ?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

How about making gigantic loudspeaker like devices or structures that capture the wind vibrations. Don't copper voice coils generate an electric current when moving or vibrating passed a magnet's core? Look maw, no more deadly windmill blades! 🌬️🔊

This is just a small freebie of the big list of ideas that I have on how to make cheap, clean, and safe electric energy. Think Tank Man to the rescue! 🧠💡🤓 It's either that or meet my doom and gloom side!

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DoomsdayDude

Sounds Interesting . Good Luck !

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: InwardDiver

Maybe its my age but it looks to me like the leaps in tech are slowing down, in part I think from govt interference (picking a company to feed money to even if they arent the best company), in part because I think we are losing out on free thinkers as the govt red tape gets to an astronomical level so who wants to deal with that.

Also the battery tech hasnt really moved since lithium ion on a large scale, not sure if we will ever see it move again do to the profit margin as you mentioned with cell phone batteries.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Possibly an idea to go with the likes of thorium reactors over the conventional sorts all the same.

Not possibly, that is a must. LFTRs - or something extremely similar *there are different kinds of molten salt type reactors being designed), with the same kind of inherent/natural/fool-proof safeguards built into them - is the only way to go.

Ultimately, once the tech has been perfected, the next step would be to miniaturize it, into tiny self-contained units that can power anything from a single household out in the wilderness, to ones that can power a single skyscraper or an entire neighborhood.

The second aspect of energy that needs to be perfected is storage. Heinlein called this kind of tech 'Shipstones'... smalle enough to power a house, or a hand-held power tool - for the life of a person without needing to be recharged.

That is what we need, and the inklings of it appear to be found in some of the newer battery tech that has been found - and apparently suppressed by the elites - something along the lines of the solid state/glass/sofium based batteries that are dramatically better than the current state of the art lithium battery tech without any of the downsides (their propensity for spontaneously combusting).

If we put even half of the resources we are handing out to Ukraine (dumping down the toilet) into honestly looking for and perfecting this kind of tech, we could be there in yen years or less.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I'm sadly not nearly clever enough to understand the science involved but I've seen a fair bit about these next gen nuclear reactors and battery banks and they really do seem incredible.

I saw something the other day about using special heat retaining blocks as batteries that are far safer and cheaper than anything currently in use.

This is for large scales obviously, your not expected to walk around with 4000 degree bricks in your phone or laptop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join