It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What's Next?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I’m sorry but you’re all delusional if you think a disorganised 1960 military 

Wow dude, where do you get your info?

1960's military lol.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

A force for good?
Tell that to the literally millions who died in the various purges.
What about those taken in the dead of night by the NKVD and KGB for some imaginary offence or slur or for simply having the courage to have an opinion and express it.
What about all those in the Warsaw Pact countries forced to live under Russian domination against their wishes.

Can you imagine what it was like to live under a regime where your every word or action is monitored and could result in you being Gulag'd or worse?

I don't know if you've ever been to Eastern Europe, especially just after The Wall came down and then the fall of The Soviet Union?
It was an incredibly dull, dreary place and the people were terribly downbeat and downtrodden.

When you went into the locals bars off the beaten track and in the side streets they weren't full of people talking, chatting and laughing. Very little merriment.
They were full of solitary, lonely people staring lost into their glasses scared to talk to their neighbours and to interact with each other.
That was commonplace throughout Eastern Europe.....it was a dreary, miserable place where people had become accustomed to living with their fears and suspicions of each other.

That was the day to day reality of life under The Soviet Union.
But sure....its was all The West's fault.......

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   
6 May 2023 the 'peace treaty' is unveiled for 7 years of the M,E. Palestine/Arab/Israel cessation of ongoing conflicts...

immediately after Coronation of King Charles...
... touted as a crowning achievement

=

/

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Is it possible to lose by "winning"?
a reply to: TheRedneck

Your last question is what caught my attention, even though our pages might be slightly off-set, with how we view some things.

I do not trust any of the people involved in this Russian, Ukraine conflict. I think the whole lot of them are up to no good. I really have nothing against the people of either one of those countries even though some may be propaganda(ed) and brainwashed out of their minds. I think the families of both Russia and Ukraine are as much a victim of this tyranny as anyone else.

I don’t trust Zelensky, even though I know a lot of people on this site do. I think he is just the actor that he is, and doesn’t really give a darn about the Ukrainian people. Ukraine is just a money/ weapon pit set up to further weaken America.
So, when you state “Is it possible to lose by "winning"? I would say yes, because so many people think the we are helping the Ukrainians by throwing anything we have to protect our own country into them. And if my assumptions are correct, then yes, America definitely loses.

edit on 12-10-2022 by StarsInDust because: Just Because

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

A force for good?

Ah, just like our ancestors did in Britain and its Empire. They all did it back in the day FB
I guess we've kind of improved since then.

You do however make some excellent points. The SU was from perfect sure. The strange thing is this, many people I've spoken too both back in the day right up to present who actually lived in the USSR actually speak glowingly about it. Czech, East Germans too. Bad things happened sure, yet you were guaranteed a job, housing, heating, holidays. Security much better than post 91 too. Also a sense of cohesion and a very real belief they were aiming for a better more equal world.

Yet for sure some of the side effects of creating the SU were mind blowing and horrific for sure

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

And then Russia becomes extremely fragile and ripe for colour revolutions

But this time the right thing needs to be done

Moscow must be decapitated from all its historical conquests, Russia broken apart, since Russia is built mostly on adjacent colonialism that’s how it’ll be broken down

And yet this member fails to comprehend that the Russians are justified when they believe the globalist West is deadset on seeing Russia collapse.

It's a disconnect.

It's dishonest.

I'll bet it's khazarian in philosophy as well.
edit on 12-10-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I'm under no illusions about The British Empire mate, slightly different times and circumstances.
But we aren't discussing that, start a thread on the subject and I'll gladly contribute.👍
Surprisingly I do have a few thoughts and opinions on it!🤣

I've been all over Eastern Europe, 11 or 12 times in total I think.
And obviously met a fair few Eastern European people over here in the UK as well.
I think I can only recall one or two who ever expressed any sort liking or yearning for the days before The Wall came down.

The transformation in some of these countries has been staggering.
And for all I despise the EU the vast majority of it has been done with EU funding - yet another discussion for another time and place.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

1960's military lol.

It’s not a good day for you

1980s

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: Freeborn

A force for good?

Ah, just like our ancestors did in Britain and its Empire. They all did it back in the day FB
I guess we've kind of improved since then.

You do however make some excellent points. The SU was from perfect sure. The strange thing is this, many people I've spoken too both back in the day right up to present who actually lived in the USSR actually speak glowingly about it. Czech, East Germans too. Bad things happened sure, yet you were guaranteed a job, housing, heating, holidays. Security much better than post 91 too. Also a sense of cohesion and a very real belief they were aiming for a better more equal world.

Yet for sure some of the side effects of creating the SU were mind blowing and horrific for sure

What a load of BS LMFAO

Nobody likes breadlines and totalitarianism

Have a nice day tankie

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

It's cognitive dissonance.

If the shoe was on the other foot then Russia would be "Liberating Eastern Ukraine".

Nope, it's "land grabbing" because Russia. Derp.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

1960's military lol.

1980s

You seriously just linked me to Twitter?

Bruh, wtf?

I'm not interested in your social media feelz.

I'm interested in facts and Twitter is most certainly not the place to find them.

I'm having a great day btw.

Edit: Furthermore, I reviewed your social media "evidence" only to find that 20th century field radios are still quite common on the 21st century battlefield. In fact I remember it was a key part of the story in the show Homeland.

If that's your "evidence" of a "1960's military" then you should just stop posting anything relating to the Russian Military because you clearly know zero about it.
edit on 12102022 by Wide-Eyes because: ☝

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

1960's military lol.

1980s

You seriously just linked me to Twitter?

Bruh, wtf?

I'm not interested in your social media feelz.

I'm interested in facts and Twitter is most certainly not the place to find them.

I'm having a great day btw.

Oh I see you’re just going to ignore the FACTS based on where the FACTS was posted? Nice cop out

You clearly know more than warstudies phds and senior fellows foregn policy research institute

LOLZ

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I edited to add;

Edit: Furthermore, I reviewed your social media "evidence" only to find that 20th century field radios are still quite common on the 21st century battlefield. In fact I remember it was a key part of the story in the show Homeland.

If that's your "evidence" of a "1960's military" then you should just stop posting anything relating to the Russian Military because you clearly know zero about it.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: Riouz5

What do you mean by regular army and offshoot branches.? They've been using their professional troops, now they're using conscripts. But those are both regular army imo. Then there's mercenaries.

I'm sure a lot of Russia's troops are contractors. Do you really think Russia couldn't squash Ukraine if they wanted to? I'm not siding with Russia as I would reenlist just to kick their arse. The art of war is a very good book. Also to all of the people who talk trash about China, let's not forget the Korean war.
edit on CWed, 12 Oct 2022 08:58:17 -0500am2022-10-12T08:58:17-05:00kamWednesdayam2022-10-12T08:58:17-05:00k by Crackalackin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I edited to add;

LOOK… Russia military IS OUTDATED JUNK, for the most part ok?, yes some of it is as old as 60s some 80s very few of it is actually modernised, we can see that by the thousands and thousands of destroyed units and captured equipment right? It’s not debatable sorry… it’s just a fact I don’t know what to tell you? Stop watching YouTube?

I know this is a bitter pill to swallow for you

BUT

I guess now we know why generations of retire Russian generals all live like Al Copone in luxury mansion and castles with multiple yachts ?

#Corruption

edit on 12-10-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

You do realise by using lolz and rofl you make yourself look like a child?

Oh and feelz.

edit on 12-10-2022 by Nexttimemaybe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Crackalackin

I'm sure a lot of Russia's troops are contractors.

Of course. I'm not sure why you're bringing this up though?

Do you really think Russia couldn't squash Ukraine if they wanted to?

They could if Ukraine was invading Russia. It's just harder to fight on hostile territory.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crackalackin

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: Riouz5

What do you mean by regular army and offshoot branches.? They've been using their professional troops, now they're using conscripts. But those are both regular army imo. Then there's mercenaries.

I'm sure a lot of Russia's troops are contractors. Do you really think Russia couldn't squash Ukraine if they wanted to? I'm not siding with Russia as I would reenlist just to kick their arse. The art of war is a very good book. Also to all of the people who talk trash about China, let's not forget the Korean war.

LMFAO

So what is Russia waiting for ?

You might have a point if they were mass producing new advanced equipment but they’re not are they? They’re just slowly being ground to dust

Let’s not forget the Korean War?

Do you mean when 45,000 allied troops defended South Korea and killed over 1 million Chinese troops and 60% of North Korea’s population died off?

Yeah I doubt they’ll be making that mistake again, best they just behave and try get along

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riouz5
Russia will solidify the annexed regions with there Regular Army , which hasnt really been involved yet, mainly offshoot branches so far.

They will also Secure Odessa and Kharkiv.

Things about to get Real very fast and Kiev will wish that it negotiated months ago...

Stay Safe

Riouz

You make it sound as if it's all going according to Putin's original plan.

Why wait till now to send in your crack regular army?

Why absorb so many troop losses and loss of arms and vehicles for months? and then mobilize in the fall and winter?

Don't get me wrong I believe Russia could squash Ukraine like a bug if they were fully committed which begs the question why weren't they fully committed till now?

The main problem Russia can't crack down too hard or they will never convert enough Ukrainians to their viewpoint, and be able to safely occupy those disputed territories.

This is whay we are seeing a spasm of missiles strikes and the Lavrov pretending to be open to serious negoiations, but Id expect Russia isn't gonna back off Crimea, Donbass or Luhansk initially or without other concessions, Thats thing with peace talks or negoiations at least its a pause in the festivities.

FWIW again I trust no one involved here it's nothing but a money pit money laundering scheme for boh sides, Putin got pissy because NATO and Biden stole his/Russia's hustle. He gets very little of the fruits if he has to a hard occupation, even if he can pull it off politically Russia has yet to show they can do anything militarily except shoot cruise missiles and shell positions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join