It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What's Next?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: RAY1990

"You can talk about rainbows and at the end of it there's a nazi armed with NATO nuclear warheads... My point with that is it takes two to tango or a crowd to disco. If Russia wants to be taken seriously it needs to take 'individuals' seriously too."

Ahem.

Ukraine is not armed with NATO warheads.

They gave up their Russian nukes to become independent from the old USSR..

That's exactly my point.

When someone is fixated they'll turn whatever you're talking about into something else. Something that didn't even have an actual reality.

Tbh Carpy you've just did the same break down of dialogue thing yourself there... I've joined plenty of Ukraine threads I know exactly what we've armed them with and when. Defensive weapons and training from individual nations up until the invasion and then their was open coordination and support for Ukraine, again of a defensive nature. Of which I openly support.

Just for the sake of it I'll also add that this is what Europeans did for those would be aspiring Americans quite a few years back. They wouldn't believe it but support came from the British isles too, nuts isn't it.
edit on 13-10-2022 by RAY1990 because: Rainbows... It wasn't a good choice because it could be a trigger.

edit on 13-10-2022 by RAY1990 because: Missing word

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

There's only one way off the Globalist mentality, they seemingly don't even know they're addicted.

There's nothing like a little hardship to wake people up from those delusions of grandeur.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Which designs are you talking about? And what I'm saying is that they need weapons because they're using more than they can produce.

So they could supply a large part of the planet with weapons before but now they can't supply themselves?

That makes no sense. It is as self-contradictory as most of the statements on Russia.

Of course. I never said they don't import components and raw materials. But that still isn't what I was talking about.

Components and raw materials is all they need.

Your argument sounds like a bread factory doesn't need flour and yeast... they must have pre-baked bread or they'll run out of inventory!

So now you actually agree with what I wrote?

Maybe we are... I maintain that any assistance Russia needs will be met by China. That's the same thing I have been saying all along. There is simply no reasonable cause to think Russia cannot provide their own weapons given the raw materials and components needed. They are and have been for some time now second only to the USA in worldwide arms production.

You see to be the one moving in circles here.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: InwardDiver

In the first place, the USA is experiencing our own energy crisis. I'm all for helping our others, but only when we can do so without hurting ourselves in the process. In the second place, how are tankers supposed to compensate for an active pipeline? It's laughable to believe that a fleet of ships can supply the same amount of energy as a single pipeline.

Europe is heading for a severe energy crisis. Winter is coming. People in Europe will die of exposure.

As to alternate energy, has Europe learned nothing? It was a year or so ago we were all told how Germany was moving to 100% renewable energy ahead of everyone else, and the rest of the world should take notice and learn from them. Then the flow of Russian LNG stops and suddenly Germany is firing up old coal plants, using the dirtiest fuel in existence.

If Europe does not get off that alternate-energy mindset and start looking at reality, I oppose any attempt to supply them with energy. Fix your perspective to something sustainable and we can talk; refuse to do so and I see no reason in helping you make the same mistakes that put you in trouble again. I'm not a big fan of providing free drugs to drug addicts either, just so you know.

If that sounds harsh, understand that Europe did this to themselves. Germany cancelled approval of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline before any Russian entered Ukraine. Germany made the claims to be self-sufficient on "green" energy. Germany was warned to not become so dependent on Russian LNG. Now all of Europe wants the USA to bail them out.

Not one drop until Europe recants all this "green" energy fantasy. Of course, that's the opinion of one American and will have no effect on what actually happens. I presently live under a tyrannical occupation.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
Just for the sake of it I'll also add that this is what Europeans did for those would be aspiring Americans quite a few years back. They wouldn't believe it but support came from the British isles too, nuts isn't it.

You mean those boy-loving Athenians wth their Social Democracies and Dystopian Utopias?

Nothing inspiring come out of Europe since the 80's and dive bombed in the 90's.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Are you well?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Not at all.

It's an interaction issue. It takes two to tango and a crowd to have a disco but I'm not going to sit here and frame Russia as the nutter at the party... I don't need to.

What?

Dude you just did try to frame Russia as the lone "nutter." Do you read your own posts?

Individually or collectively?

Either.

And Putin has been open to talks, until this invasion. Could his present reluctance have something to do with those "talks" sounding more like ultimatums?

Entertain the idea that Ukraine doesn't exist?

Considering that Russia has been pumping LNG through Ukraine for decades now, I don't think that is a correct assessment of their position.

I'm framing and analysing, let's be realistic and admit that whatever we say matters little anyways. I've dealt with enough high stress, mental illness and violent encounters and I've also been like Russia in the past if we're speaking hypothetically... The picture fits the frame.

Well, you have me at a disadvantage then... never been to Russia (and never want to. It's cold in Russia).

However, your assertions are requiring me to accept a lot of contradictions, as is usual with any discussion that has anything to do with Russia. I can suspend my disbelief a lot... I can enjoy watching Iron Man fly around in a super-powered suit or a raccoon named Rocket who can talk to a tree that can walk; I can enjoy a movie about a bunny cop and a petty criminal fox saving the city from a sheep who became mayor; hell, man, I can even enjoy watching WWE! But there's a limit to what extent I can suspend my disbelief, and this Russia/Ukraine thing is slamming that meter.

Some of the greatest most ancient stories known to man tackle that theme... It's still murder, it's still wrong, the option to walk away is always there.

I agree: murder is still murder and is still wrong. However, as you acknowledge, people have limits. That's just being pragmatic. One can torment another to the point that atrocities are committed. It happens all the time.

It does not make murder right, but it does explain why the murder occurred. That's what we're missing: why did Putin decide to invade? When he decided to invade, why did he not go in with a force sufficient to take Ukraine? Why were there no attempts made at diplomacy?

I cannot and never have condoned Russia's invasion. But here's you another why: why is it that any time the official narrative is questioned in any way and any of those questions above are asked, the response is always to paint the asker as unpatriotic, a Russian sympathizer, or Putin's lackey?

I know why, but that answer is unpopular and off topic for this thread.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

heh! no just definitely harboring some angst for Europeans...

Their social infection is here but we're going to shake it off.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

There's nothing like a little hardship to wake people up from those delusions of grandeur.

I have a bad feeling we're talking about much more than a "little Hardship."

Watch Romania; Stay out of Minnesota.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

How many tanks do you think Russia produces per year? Or how many missiles? This is war is consuming material at a rate unheard of since WWII.

So they could supply a large part of the planet with weapons before but now they can't supply themselves?

That makes no sense. It is as self-contradictory as most of the statements on Russia.

Why would it be self-contradictory? Have you considered that weapons are used more during war than peacetime? Think about it like this: what I told you America can't possibly run out of weapons, because America is the largest supplier of arms in the world.

Your argument sounds like a bread factory doesn't need flour and yeast... they must have pre-baked bread or they'll run out of inventory!

A solid argument then? Flour and yeast are what pre-baked bread is made of. But they'll run out of inventory if demand suddenly increases vastly. Bakeries don't normally have huge stores of baked bread.

I maintain that any assistance Russia needs will be met by China. That's the same thing I have been saying all along. There is simply no reasonable cause to think Russia cannot provide their own weapons given the raw materials and components needed. They are and have been for some time now second only to the USA in worldwide arms production.

But the evidence shows they have not met those needs yet. It doesn't really matter how much you maintain.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I'm interested im trying out the new Intel Arc GPUs whenever they come out. Intel is claiming they're going to beat out AMD and Nvidia performance-wise and price-wise.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

This is war is consuming material at a rate unheard of since WWII.

Wait... this is one single country fighting another single country (with US/NATO backing). You think that will use weaponry akin to what was needed when the entire planet was at war?

Have you considered that weapons are used more during war than peacetime?

Exactly when was this "peacetime" that there were no military offensives anywhere on the planet?

I don't remember a single time in my life when that was true. Maybe I missed it?

Flour and yeast are what pre-baked bread is made of. But they'll run out of inventory if demand suddenly increases vastly. Bakeries don't normally have huge stores of baked bread.

Whoa... I think I just blew right over your head. Bakeries do not buy bread... they make bread from flour and yeast. How do you not comprehend that? Bakeries do not buy bread! Bakeries buy flour and yeast to make bread!

Russia does not buy weapons. Russia makes weapons from raw materials and components. Russia is an arms supplier, not an arms importer.

Dude, if that went over your head, I give up; enjoy your fantasies. Besides, I heard rumors of something a lot bigger happening on the horizon and I need to check to see if it is true. Thanks for the conversation... as it were.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Wait... this is one single country fighting another single country (with US/NATO backing). You think that will use weaponry akin to what was needed when the entire planet was at war?

What makes you believe I think it will use weaponry akin to what was needed when the entire planet was at war? I wrote that the rate of consumption is unheard of since WWII. Back during WWII it was not unheard of to use this much ammo.

Exactly when was this "peacetime" that there were no military offensives anywhere on the planet?

I don't remember a single time in my life when that was true. Maybe I missed it?

So your idea of peacetime is when there are no military offensives anywhere on the planet? According to you every country is at war all the time, consuming material at a high rate all the time, as long as there's a military offensive going on somewhere in the world?

Whoa... I think I just blew right over your head. Bakeries do not buy bread... they make bread from flour and yeast. How do you not comprehend that? Bakeries do not buy bread! Bakeries buy flour and yeast to make bread!

Now this is getting surreal, lol... What makes you think I believe bakeries buy bread rather than make bread?

Russia does not buy weapons. Russia makes weapons from raw materials and components. Russia is an arms supplier, not an arms importer.

That's mostly correct yeah. They've imported some drones. And they used some Italian vehicles in Ukraine, I don't know what the story is behind those.

Dude, if that went over your head, I give up; enjoy your fantasies. Besides, I heard rumors of something a lot bigger happening on the horizon and I need to check to see if it is true. Thanks for the conversation... as it were.

Thanks, it's been an odd one.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   

What?

Dude you just did try to frame Russia as the lone "nutter." Do you read your own posts?

I did.

Go learn Russian redneck and listen to what Putin and his inner circle say and come back here and tell me that's normal and sane.

I'm just reflecting the image everyone else is reflecting with a frame around it.

And Putin has been open to talks, until this invasion. Could his present reluctance have something to do with those "talks" sounding more like ultimatums?

That's the dance isn't it?
It's why I'm not going to speak out of tongue and go on about nwo conspiracies and the likes, it's way out of my league. All I can say is that I tend to notice toes get stepped on when people dance to a different tune and that applies on a micro and macro scale.

Considering that Russia has been pumping LNG through Ukraine for decades now, I don't think that is a correct assessment of their position.

Yep and there's some really interesting and malicious history involved there that I really can't be arsed to dig into. Maybe all the 'nuttiness' is a part of cleverly orchestrated propaganda and all of this is about power and money (duh) but I don't care about that, I care about people falling for it and dying.

I know why, but that answer is unpopular and off topic for this thread.

Shoot!

Btw I've never been to Russia but I've met a few from the region over time, Ukraine/western Russia. I can talk for days about culture... I aim to learn.

The biggest problem I have with patriotism is when it's misguided. I can't stand shoulder to shoulder with that and I share a 'city' with those brothers and sisters so to speak. I've got a lot of love for city builders too.

Other than that I don't really know anything, I suspect 'tptb' have defaced rather sacred ideals for a while and had us use them against ourselves maybe?

I'm trying to ignore the narratives and see. This much death and destruction and the nature it's went about and the timing? For the record I don't think Putin was ever crazy per say, he's a highly intelligent man with a long-standing team around him.

There's a lot we don't know. All that said mental illness, the traits and the effects... It's all one in the same to me. It's all just boxes, categories and levels of effect.

To add: the Russian state and contradictions is one thing that stands out for me too. Remember the crack down on hackers before all this?

edit on 13-10-2022 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

Would be nice to tell nVidia to eat it.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

Would be nice to tell nVidia to eat it.

Have you been witness to our lord and saviour AMD?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   

No I mean the ones who gave you a statue.

It wasn't all they gave you either... You could say it was an empiric state of mind. You should learn about it I hear it's an important part of your history.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

oh I know our history, besides didn't we raise the funding and pay for that Statue?

they aren't giving anything but a bunch of freaky deeky stuff now, maybe it is Europe that needs to get back to their roots?

/Yes it seems like we did, I guess there's just some things that never change?

How the Statue of Liberty almost didn't get built.

edit on 13-10-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You are much more informed on the matter than I am. I am still in favor of helping people and a firm believer that renewable energies are the future. They have to be because we're going to run out of finite energy sources. The tech is lacking, at this time, but it's making significant progress.

We are going through our own energy crisis, which can be abated with additional processing of fossil fuels. Yes, shipping oil is not as efficient as a pipeline but it may be what it takes to save some lives. Sometimes friends help each other after one or the other makes mistakes.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Maybe. I don't know enough about the politics to make a decision like that. Maybe they are only our allies during tough times, maybe it's something else. I'd rather not see people die over the matter, this winter. Maybe we can make stronger allies and build better relationships if we help.

I'm just an armchair philosopher and barely politician, so my opinions aren't as educated as others on the matter.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join