It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What's Next?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Do they need weapons or food? No.

They need bodies and a place to offload energy which is its main export.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

They do need weapons. And I don't think the nation as a whole is short on food, but they could probably use field rations.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

They do need weapons. And I don't think the nation as a whole is short on food, but they could probably use field rations.

Source?

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga

How far back do you want to go back in history to 'correct' it? Should we engineer some Neanderthals

Some of you that have "russophobia" always use that narrative/logic as a deflection when facing with facts or historical context of a region, nation.

I can see the Western Maisntream News Media has done great Kondar Bar when it comes on unleashing, provoking hateful thoughts of Russia/Russians in Genral context in some of you.

I had seen some tweets on twitter "I dont have twitter"

Very hateful things being said about Russian people and culture. How they wish that much more harm and damage comes to them in general society.

Such hate you are having towards Russia only because of Ukraine a country you know nothing about. Only until recently.
Would just further rise Russian's Nationalism towards Europe in general.

It would prove that the Russians were right about Europe how some Europeans feel about them in general..

I had seen this hate towards Russian people in general but not just Russia but also China.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerraLiga

The current borders of Europe are legally defined and have been determined by wars, battles, treaties and divisions.

I suppose you are also forgetting the American sponsored regime changes, color revolutions which those is what defined the borders of Europe.

With people like Thatcher, Brzezinski among the few..

I am surprised you forget to bring about Brzezinski..

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Not sure what you were blathering about however in regards to aid to Ukraine. They can have a cold, cold beer from this Aussie and the best cold beer is Vic.

Victoria Bitter!

Ukraine can have a beer from this Kiwi. Let the beer flow.

Specifically, I was referring to delays to the latest round of Australian assistance to Ukraine. For instance, not granting Ukraine's request for Hawkei vehicles is daft. Those vehicles are fresh off the production line, and Ukraine would provide feedback on their battlefield performance. Also, the replacement vehicles for the Australian Army could incorporate improvements based on the information supplied by the Ukrainians.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: putnam6

One would have to ask how many Russian friends do we make when and if we try and install a new leader? More to the point if we aren't certain of the outcome should we even be sticking our privates into the who the new leader will be

I would say we make none. Remember Mohammed Reza Shah of Iran? 1978 Iranian Hostage Crisis/Oil Crisis? Yep, he was our guy and those were the consequences.

Tell me when one of our install jobs ever worked out well. I'm sure it has happened, but most times hasn't it lead down a different path

Saddam Hussein worked out pretty well, well, it did until we screwed him after the Iran/Iraq War. Then it kinda sucked if memory serves. We can thank Jimmy Carter for that one.

Incidentally, we set him up in charge because we lost the Shah of Iran. Ironicicity?

TheRedneck

They work out great till they don't

We can go back further than that didn't we basically sanction the regime change in South Vietnam weeks before JFK was in Dallas? and wasn't here a Chilean President in the 60's?

www.historynet.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   

www.thedrive.com...

You can also look at how older tank models have begun showing up here: www.oryxspioenkop.com...

Conscripts being told to bring medikits from home, tampons to stop bleeding etc: www.youtube.com...

I don't know if you find them reliable? I don't speak Russian well enough to confirm the last one, but it was reported in a lot of places so I assume someone would say if it's translated wrong.

Also there's proof that they bought drones from Iran, implying they need drones: twitter.com...

Igor Strelkov aka Girkin talking about Ukraine having superior access to HIMAR-type missiles: www.youtube.com...

I feel like he's reliable because he's a hardcore Russian nationalist and risked his life fighting in Donbas back 2014.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   
War is Over... if you want

Posted on Kremlin website.

I want the Kiev authorities and their true handlers in the West to hear me now, and I want everyone to remember this: the people living in Lugansk and Donetsk, in Kherson and Zaporozhye have become our citizens, forever.

We call on the Kiev regime to immediately cease fire and all hostilities; to end the war it unleashed back in 2014 and return to the negotiating table. We are ready for this, as we have said more than once.

Putin's Speech the Media Won't Publish

UN is refusing to accept this...

UN Demands Russia Reverse Annexations

edit on 12-10-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

How come America is allowed to be swaggering, belligerent, and borderline delirious but it's Russia whose leaders are dangerous to the world if they let a conspiracy addled tyrant replace a parkinson's addled tyrant?

Don't know about the characterizations you use, but your point seems to be quite poignant. It's a great day for all of humanity when we do something, but the end of civilization when they do the same thing.

We've been here before; we call it the Cuban Missile Crisis. We just reversed the roles of aggressor/defender.

TheRedneck

Well, it didn't help that the US government had nuclear missiles in Italy and Turkey, and then screwed up with it's Bay of Pigs invasion.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Having conscripts and soldiers pack a kit doesnt seem too beyond the pale. Anyone with combat experience can feel free to correct me.

The drones speak to my point. They need money. Best way from my point of view is through energy....to China.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Maybe because he is using S300s and anti shipping missiles that aren't that accurate for land attack?

Pretty indiscriminate?

So they didn't do all the devastation that is being claimed?

I swear, every answer I get on the Ukraine stuff just confuses me more. Putin is going to annihilate Ukraine; their fate, their very existence is up to us to supply them with aid, but of course Russia's military couldn't fight their way out of a brown paper bag. These missiles were absolutely devastating and destructive and caused untold damage... but they are old and useless and not even very accurate.

Someone please, please, please, for the love of God, pick a side!

TheRedneck

It's just the age old #show of America vs Russia with people picking sides to support from a far while the people who are actually involved are suffering on both sides.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: KTemplar

Lithium, farmland, energy, you name it.

Ukraine actually has the capacity to be a stable, well off nation if it werent for eastern and western meddling. However that is fantasy talk

I think we can assume that China has its eyes on that lithium for sure and the US with its coming chip production endevours likely are eyeing the same.

IMO of course.

To be quite frank I'm tired of waiting for a certain graphics card to go under $2000 USD.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

The Pelosis got you covered.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:06 AM
link   

In regards to what?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Russia has been dealing with China all the time, nothing new about that. But is China giving them military aid?

I'd say that is a safe bet. Can I prove it? No, but neither can I prove that a ball tossed into the air in Thailand will fall to the ground. It's just a pretty safe bet.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

anyone could have done that attack with the right know how and resources.

Oh, I agree! There's no proof (that i have seen) that Ukraine had anything to do with it.

But that doesn't matter. All that matters is, does Putin and Russia in general believe they did?

There's an old saying: "Everyone on the planet is following a logical, reasonable course of action to survive and thrive in the world they think they live in." That is true. Insanity and illogic come into play when one thinks they are living in a different world than they actually are living in. That's why we have diplomacy: so events are not misinterpreted by those in a position to do great harm.

During the Cold War there was a continuous phone link between the White House and the Kremlin. It was there in case of a mishap, in the hope that an accident could be prevented from annihilating both countries. I believe it was even used for that a few times, but that is pure memory speaking and could be wrong.

There have been no attempts at diplomacy this time, especially from the West. None.

There'll be no international investigation into the Crimean bridge attack. There's no signs that Russia is interested in any kind of cooperation or constructive talk with the west or the usual higher bodies.

Of course there won't, and any such investigation at this point will probably be seen as flawed by Russia. That's the thing about investigations: they aren't worth squat unless there is some trust between the investigators and the accused/accuser. There were no investigations into any of Russia's allegations against the USA either... I don't believe most of them personally, but at least listening and investigating an allegation would have been preferable to rhetorical dismissal of any claims.

Let's face something here: the time for even attempting to use diplomacy is long past. We burnt that particular bridge. Now we have only one path available to us, and it is the one that involves missiles raining down on civilians.

That's not solely on Russia; it took both sides to get to this point.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

I've spent a lot of time in Ukraine as my family lives in the eastern sector which is now supposed to be part of Russia (they have always identified as Russian).

This is what I love about ATS! Personal insight one cannot get from the MSM.

What you say is essentially the same identical thing Russian citizens have told me. Thank you so much for posting! I hope your family is OK.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Russian weapons technology is actually pretty awesome. For example, Control Theory, my post-grad major and the technology that allows for guidance systems of all types, was pretty much developed by the Russians. My post-grad advisor authored several textbooks on the subject and many, many papers.

He was Russian. He had an accent so thick I had to work to understand him, and he often spoke about "his time behind the Iron Curtain." He was, if memory serves, three generations from the Russian who first advanced the mathematical concepts in Control Theory (I cannot think of his name right now for some odd reason). That means he studied under the guy who studied under the guy that actually wrote the math that allows for guided missiles.

He was also a great fellow with a heart of gold... once you got past the huff and gruff. I think that's just part of the culture.

Russia may need many things... materials, circuitry, semiconductors, labor... but they have no issue whatsoever with weapons design. In some ways, their abilities may even exceed our own. The thing they need most of all is the one thing China has in abundance: money. The one thing China needs most is the one thing Russia has in abundance: energy.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

To be quite frank I'm tired of waiting for a certain graphics card to go under $2000 USD.

That's China. 99.9% of all the semiconductors in the world are manufactured in China/Taiwan. That includes those that are stamped with another country's name because they negotiated a contract with China.

China has the infrastructure and capacity to mine and refine rare earth elements, which are required for semiconductor manufacture. No one else on the planet has anywhere near their capacity in that regard, and they are buying up any locations that show promise for future rare earth element production.

They cut back quotas on the larger microprocessors back during the Trump administration to retaliate for those tariffs (which were similar to the tariffs they place on our products sold in China). Now the tariffs are gone, but they seem to still have their export quotas. My suggestion is to visit China; you will probably find that $2000 card for $200, as long as you look Asian and speak Mandarin. If you know someone who is Chinese over there, you might convince them to buy one for you as long as you make it worth their while.

Be careful, though. As a rule, the Chinese consider Westerners as inferior. It's nothing to them if a Westerner gets taken advantage of; it's our own fault for being inferior. They actually consider it an honorable act to take advantage of Westerners if it benefits themselves, their families, or China in general.

(You won't get anywhere with Chinese wholesalers; don't bother trying. Been down that road already myself and it's a dead end.)

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join