It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What's Next?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Putin has announced that he is cancelling the offensive entirely. Everything we wanted to happen has come to pass. It's over and the good guys won.

What happens next?

won't happen any time soon because there is still plenty of money to be embezzled , cleaned, make disapear , and kick back favors into the right hands along with too many shiny toys for the MIC to remove to sell at breaking record prices.

However lets pretend it does happen. Then another crisis , bogey man, or diversion will be created to continue the swindling of the tax payers money and a new puppet would be put in place.

its a broken cookie cutter record that keeps getting played.

edit on 371031America/ChicagoWed, 12 Oct 2022 16:37:40 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

One would have to ask how many Russian friends do we make when and if we try and install a new leader? More to the point if we aren't certain of the outcome should we even be sticking our privates into the who the new leader will be

I would say we make none. Remember Mohammed Reza Shah of Iran? 1978 Iranian Hostage Crisis/Oil Crisis? Yep, he was our guy and those were the consequences.

Tell me when one of our install jobs ever worked out well. I'm sure it has happened, but most times hasn't it lead down a different path

Saddam Hussein worked out pretty well, well, it did until we screwed him after the Iran/Iraq War. Then it kinda sucked if memory serves. We can thank Jimmy Carter for that one.

Incidentally, we set him up in charge because we lost the Shah of Iran. Ironicicity?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Ah yes Timothy Snyder as voice of truth?

The Crimean Peninsula has been around for quite a long time

Indeed around the same time before the Rus People there were the khazars empire who was the first to claim the lands and they weren't around from Europe but from the middle east.

There were no Russians at the time. He was the leader of a clan of Scandinavian warlords who had established a state in Kyiv, having wrenched the city from the control of Khazars. His clan was settling down, and the conversion to Christianity was part of the effort to build a state. It was called "Rus," apparently from a Finnish word for the slavetrading company that brought the Vikings to Kyiv in the first place. It was not called "Rus" because of anything to do with today's Russia — nor could it have been, since there was no Russia then, and no state would bear that name for another seven hundred years. Moscow, the city, did not exist at the time.

Ah and you know who were the great Khazars before the Rus people my dear anti Slav?

Jews i am sure you already knew that..

But lets not go down that rabbit hole when it comes to that point.

Your article completely ignores the spread of Rus People and Rus Kiev.
Not Kyiv.

edit on 12-10-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Indeed the end of Russia also means the end of China. India will be affected by this heavily. Some Westerns simply do not understand the consequences of their words.

Similarly, the end of Russia would spell a major setback for China. China will not allow that to happen, unless they are the final owners of all that Russian energy.

I agree; far too many of us seemingly do not care about anything that happens past the end of our noses. Even in civilian life... I cannot count the number of times I watch some idiot speed right up to a red light, then have to stand on the brakes to stop... not per year, not per week, per hour! Nothing past the immediate now, even something seconds into the future, seems to matter.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I predicted (to myself; I don't post much on this conflict) as soon as I saw the first report of the Crimean Bridge explosion, that Russia was going to retaliate. It doesn't matter what the West says at this point; all that matters is what Russia (Putin) thinks. Were there operational diplomatic channels, we could have talked some of that retaliation out perhaps. But without diplomatic channels open (and it was Biden who closed them) there's no way to explain anything to Putin.

Consequences.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Which is why the only outcome is Russia with a victory in the region and only securing the Eastern provinces, odessa is the only one historical context left for Russia.

I agree; far too many of us seemingly do not care about anything that happens past the end of our noses. Even in civilian life... I cannot count the number of times I watch some idiot speed right up to a red light

Indeed and my fellow mod i noticed someone had brought up an article about Crimean Peninsula while having no mentions of Rus People.

Indeed the Crimean Peninsula was in the control of the Khazars which they see themselves as part of "Early Jewish People" in Europe.

This was true as they were in Crimean Peninsula around the time of 800+900 ad before the spread of the Rus People and Rus Kiev.

Changing the capital name of Kiev to Kyiv because it was a Finnish/Vikings completely ignores the historical elements of the Rus people would have never done this.

Those who changed the name of the capital was because of the western/American leaders who want to remove everything Russian and remove Russian culture in Ukraine.

Which is impossible.

The other fault here is that the vikings failed and felt at prey at the mongols invasion. At a time when the Rus People/Rus Kiev was spreading about in Eastern Europe.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Exactly its what they always say but never tell to you in your face.

They think about strategic positioning

"For Our National Security Interests"

Those interests can range from dominance, resources.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

China doesn't do sympathy or empathy.
China does China....end of story.

Absolutely correct!

And at present China's absolute priority is access to the purchase power of western markets.

Without sufficient energy, China has no products to sell to the West. Without Russian supplies, China is starving for energy; that's why they use so much coal. It's not because they want polluted air.

There's more to selling products than having a good customer. One must acquire the things to sell them.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Over 40 of the 83 Russian cruise missiles were shot down by Ukrainian air defences. Also, well over half of the Iranian drones were eliminated - almost all of them before they reached their targets. Many of the missiles targeting military or infrastructure targets were not talked about (electricity generation and distribution, water treatment and distribution, etc), only the missiles that hit civilian targets.

This is what is causing the confusion regarding inaccuracy.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: Phantom423

Exactly its what they always say but never tell to you in your face.

They think about strategic positioning

"For Our National Security Interests"

Those interests can range from dominance, resources.

So what? Russia, China, all countries do exactly the same thing. That includes all the EU countries. What is a friend anyway? Has absolutely no meaning in terms of international politics.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Russia has been dealing with China all the time, nothing new about that. But is China giving them military aid?

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Last I heard, the original Crimean settlers were Greek. I could be wrong about that, though, since that part of the world has not been in my focus until recently with all the Hunter Biden talk.

Anyway, your point about Crimea being bantered back and forth between cultures is spot on. Ukraine's history is similar. Back in 2014, I had the opportunity to ask an actual Russian college student what was going on over there. Her answer: Ukraine should never have been a single country. It had been in a cold civil war for decades, and this was 8 years ago.

I have tried to read up on the history of the Rus/Ros people... what I have found is that I am woefully uneducated. They have a very rich and long history.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

How far back do you want to go back in history to 'correct' it? Should we engineer some Neanderthals and give Europe back to them? Or perhaps go right back to the dinosaurs and leave humanity out altogether?

The current borders of Europe are legally defined and have been determined by wars, battles, treaties and divisions.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: Kenzo
Rus Kiev.
Not Kyiv.

There's no need to nitpick about this. It's just different ways of translating into Latin alphabet from Cyrillic, and different dialects maybe.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

There had to be a response the thing is anyone could have done that attack with the right know how and resources.

Were there operational diplomatic channels, we could have talked some of that retaliation out perhaps.

Those have been breaking down for years, I did mention Russia's treaty offerings with my first post... I'm sure you've dealt with belligerence before on an individual level, imagine what it's like dealing with it at a state level.

There'll be no international investigation into the Crimean bridge attack. There's no signs that Russia is interested in any kind of cooperation or constructive talk with the west or the usual higher bodies.

Dark entities controlling Russia basically, they're not larping about. They're burning the bridges as they go so to speak.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The first one is paywalled. Second one is an article about buying oil from Russia, not sending aid. I can't even find anything relevant in the third. Did you just google these based on the headlines?

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I've spent a lot of time in Ukraine as my family lives in the eastern sector which is now supposed to be part of Russia (they have always identified as Russian).

The country is a polyglot of languages because there are people from all over Europe and Asia who have settled there, not just Russians. The Poles in particular have a huge presence in Ukraine and always have. The borders have always been fluid. Jobs were readily available and education was good. Regarding Ukraine as "Russian" is highly inaccurate. The eastern sector has always been primarily Russian. But the main country is a little like the United States - everyone was welcome (not so much the blacks).

Rus, Khazars all that history is totally misinterpreted. The "tribes" are just groups of people settling and resettling around the entire area. You can see it in the DNA. I have a Mongolian blood marker and I'm blonde and blue eyed like most Russians!

The demographics have changed so many times in the region that NO ONE knows exactly who they are or where they came from unless they do a 23andMe analysis.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

The first one is paywalled. Second one is an article about buying oil from Russia, not sending aid. I can't even find anything relevant in the third. Did you just google these based on the headlines?

First one mea culpa. Its not paywalled on my end.

Second one. Do you expect russia to open its books? Circumventing sanctions is aid. Semantical argument but if youre looking for direct evidence, best of luck currently.

Third source:

"We are concerned about the PRC's alignment with Russia," Blinken told reporters after the meeting in the Indonesian resort of Bali. He said it is difficult to be "neutral" in a conflict in which there is a clear aggressor but that even it were possible, "I don't believe China is acting in a way that is neutral.

If you wish to criticize the sources I bring, fine and fair.

However I noticed you asked the question and didnt provide any sourcing.......

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

No I was talking about Russia being sent weapons or food or something else, just to aid them. Doing business isn't aid in my opinion. I don't know why you expect me to provide sources, and for what. I just asked a question.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join