It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What's Next?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Actually, my concern is that Patrushev will be Putin's successor. Despite the USA's attempts to install someone else. I guess I should have been clearer.

We are not making any friends among the Russian population.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I don't know if Russia is getting any outside aid or influence?

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I just meant that the separatists in Ukraine couldn't fight on their own without Russia, especially now.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well we're exploring different scenarios I guess, it's OK to have different concerns and think about how things could go.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riouz5
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Its not Pure lies , around 15 to 20% of Russian Regular Army was used in the first 3 months then mostly withdrew..

Sparatists,loyal allied forces ,Wagner group, Chechen, Cossacks..want me to contine???

Have decimated Ukrainians Army Since..

That all Changed with the Annexed Regions ,now in the coming weeks, the west will see the Real Russian Force..

It is what it is..

Stay Safe

Riouz

Sounds like Russ has been playing with its "bench" team and now its ready to send in its main team... would that be before winter or after winter (April 2023)?

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

China for sure, assumedly other BRICS nations.

Last I knew India was trying to stay out of it however.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Actually, my concern is that Patrushev will be Putin's successor. Despite the USA's attempts to install someone else. I guess I should have been clearer.

TheRedneck

One would have to ask how many Russian friends do we make when and if we try and install a new leader? More to the point if we aren't certain of the outcome should we even be sticking our privates into the who the new leader will be,

On top of every time, you hear the word "install" used it usually means you are gonna spend a helluva lot of dough and be infinitely disappointed.

Tell me when one of our install jobs ever worked out well. I'm sure it has happened, but most times hasn't it lead down a different path

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yeah, China is trading with them at least. I just thinking about military stuff. But fair enough, I'm sure circumventing sanctions too with the help of China.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

China and Russia are on a naval practice in the Indian ocean.

The more you keep forcing Russians the more the Chinese understands Russia's positron in Ukraine. What US is doing to Russia in Ukraine.

Is no different from what is happening over Taiwan to China.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Who's scared of Russia here? To the point of calling for genocide or destroying them at any cost? That's abject fear talking right there.

He prefers to see Russia decolonized that is another term for "Genocide" no matter how you slice that word around and its what state officials currently had a press conference over with discussions over it.

"decolonization of russia conference"

Its what they are hoping it happens to Russia on the battlefield in Ukraine and once again people are underestimating Russia.

They will affect everyone, and I would really appreciate it if you would stop trying to throw the consequences of your own short-sightedness on me.

Indeed the end of Russia also means the end of China. India will be affected by this heavily. Some Westerns simply do not understand the consequences of their words.

Simply because they are angry at Russia and Mainstream Media allowed this anger to happen.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That's a good enough point.

I only saw footage of the bridge attack in Kyiv although it seemed 10's of meters off target an seemingly had an impact detonation. Accuracy matters a lot.

So does forewarning, Ukraine actively defends against missile attacks and everyone on the ground has a good idea what to do when they hear the sirens.
edit on 12-10-2022 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
The more you keep forcing Russians the more the Chinese understands Russia's positron in Ukraine.

Why would that make the Chinese understand their position better? I think China gets more tired of supporting Russia the worse it goes for Russia. But yeah, Taiwan needs to remain independent from China. Fortunately Russia has failed in a way that will free up American resources to deal with China.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

I just meant that the separatists in Ukraine couldn't fight on their own without Russia, especially now.

Well, that depends on their true origins, I can easily see them being backed completely by Russia/Putin, or I can see them being really homegrown separatists, or anywhere in between.

It's ironic though Russian Separatists in Ukraine aren't mentioned anywhere in the CIA's World Book 2021, not saying they don't exist but are they really a threat?

even in the disputed regions, the Russian population was around 17% was the threat being overblown, or was it being used as an excuse for their own heavyhanded tactics?

this seems to support the popular Ukrainian view

www.crisisgroup.org...

while this seems to be pro-Moscow

www.armstrongeconomics.com...

Lastly, I'll add a list of separatist movements throughout Europe, had no idea there were so many. So this seems to be not just a Ukrainian issue.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-10-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It would be very hard for homegrown separatists to fight without help from Russia. Who else would support them? Of course they could go underground and try to do guerilla attacks, but they could not hold on to territory like they have since 2014. So I don't think their origins matter.
edit on 12-10-2022 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo
You need to pick up a history book and some classic age maps. Not that you will, but you would not come off as , umm lacking in information as you do , is a polite way to say it i suppose.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

He prefers to see Russia decolonized that is another term for "Genocide" no matter how you slice that word around and its what state officials currently had a press conference over with discussions over it.

"decolonization of russia conference"

Its what they are hoping it happens to Russia on the battlefield in Ukraine and once again people are underestimating Russia.

It's one thing to say members here believe that but you've been saying there's a grand conspiracy from our governments to achieve this too.

Maybe there is yet it often feels an awful lot like projection.

Redneck has touched on it a few times and it's a bloody good point... What does it look like if Russia collapses? It doesn't look good and it isn't a dream for the west. It's a nightmare.

Simply because they are angry at Russia and Mainstream Media allowed this anger to happen.

They're angry at the screen, if they turned it off they'd be angry at the reflection too.

Still doesn't change the fact that a collapsed Russia has the potential to splinter a nation with the world's deadliest weapons, the world could inherit a highly aggressive Russia.

It's in those situations Russia would have to be invaded and 1000's of warheads and sites being secured whilst a nation effectively has a seizure... That's nightmare stuff in any sane person's mind.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

The more you keep forcing Russians the more the Chinese understands Russia's positron in Ukraine.

China doesn't do sympathy or empathy.
China does China....end of story.

And at present China's absolute priority is access to the purchase power of western markets.
Without that their whole economy goes into a rapid free fall....and any fall out from that would see China face such a domestic crisis that would make previous internal strife seem like a kindergarten spat.

Of course they will seek new opportunities, but not at the expense of their number one priority.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Zelinsky is a Jew? Well then that changes everything.

So is his loyalty to Israel or Ukraine?

a reply to: Phantom423

You're joking with that question, of course. Right?

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You can bet your last ruble that China is stepping up to the plate in a big way. They have Russia over a barrel: Russian oil is not being sold much outside of China, primarily because what most countries pay in is worthless to Russia. Even with the price of oil high, that means China can negotiate for Russian oil and get a deep discount. The same thing goes for Russian LNG, especially since they have working pipelines already into China.

China wants/needs that energy. They will not stand aside and let Russia be destroyed (unless they get the energy reserves in the deal).

Russia wants/needs GDP to fund both infrastructure and now military. They will use the energy reserves they have to get it. If that means dealing with China, it means dealing with China.

The sanctions have had a major effect already, and it is one that will long outlast the present crisis. China and Russia are now allied economically, if not militarily. So it's a very safe bet any military hardware Russia needs to import is coming from China.

That's where the components of our own military hardware come from, too. If it has a semiconductor in it, it comes from China (or Taiwan).

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

One would have to ask how many Russian friends do we make when and if we try and install a new leader? More to the point if we aren't certain of the outcome should we even be sticking our privates into the who the new leader will be,

On top of every time, you hear the word "install" used it usually means you are gonna spend a helluva lot of dough and be infinitely disappointed.

Tell me when one of our install jobs ever worked out well. I'm sure it has happened, but most times hasn't it lead down a different path

The United States doesn't care about friends. They think about strategic positioning. The Americans were in there hook, line and sinker to get rid of Yanukovych which they eventually did. The Americans were caught red-handed organizing protests and street violence in an effort to get him out. I'm not defending the guy - he was a corrupt politician on the Russian payroll. Zelensky isn't much better. The only difference is Zelensky is on the American payroll.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join