It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adult Happy Meals

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000
If you think this is bad, just wait until what the younger generations decide to do with the older generations when they're fed up with their back in my day macho bs.

Threats??? LOL!!!

Before or after the SHTF and the younguns with no life skills are begging the old folks to teach them the life skills they learned back in the day?

Asking for a friend of course...

If this generation thinks GEN X is expecting them to care for them in old age that is F….. HILARIOUS.

All Gen X wants is to not have to take care of OTHERS in our old age. Is that so much to ask?

Fun fact is Gen X is the smallest current. generation, sandwiched between the two largest in history. Also known as "the forgotten generation", as we're least likely to be targeted by marketing.
edit on 12-10-2022 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

If you think this is bad, just wait until what the younger generations decide to do with the older generations when they're fed up with their back in my day macho bs.

Threats??? LOL!!!

Before or after the SHTF and the younguns with no life skills are begging the old folks to teach them the life skills they learned back in the day?

If this generation thinks GEN X is expecting them to care for them in old age that is F….. HILARIOUS.

All Gen X wants is to not have to take care of OTHERS in our old age. Is that so much to ask?

Fun fact is Gen X is the smallest current. generation, sandwiched between the two largest in history.

AND we are holding up the sky. We are taking care of the selfish boomers, we are taking care of the incapable Millennials, and sometimes their kids too.
Gen X is stretched, angry and just wants to be left alone. We don’t want an adult happy meal, we’d just like to eat BBQ or fried chicken in peace 🤣

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Who cares? I have plenty of issues with fast food, consumerism, and galore, but I have a bigger issue with people complaining about crap that doesn't affect them.

You may as well be complaining and fighting to ban fast food and removing people's ability to spend their money on things they want. They're probably garbage toys, but if someone wants a little trinket or keychain bauble, or whatever that's on them.

We've got bigger problems to face as a society.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
a reply to: JAGStorm

Let people like things, jeesh. You're sounding like the elitist here.

as far as generations go, gen x was marketed with this pitch, too, and as far as i can tell, gen x'ers are really no better than millenials anyway.

Don’t even come at Gen X it won’t go well for you.

Okay Boomer.

That's exactly what you're starting to sound like.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Threats??? LOL!!!

Then don't get pissy when Millennials get tired of hearing Gen X complaining about how you want us to take care of you in your old age.

I hope you invested properly.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

Threats??? LOL!!!

Fun fact is Gen X is the smallest current. generation, sandwiched between the two largest in history.

AND we are holding up the sky. We are taking care of the selfish boomers, we are taking care of the incapable Millennials, and sometimes their kids too.
Gen X is stretched, angry and just wants to be left alone. We don’t want an adult happy meal, we’d just like to eat BBQ or fried chicken in peace 🤣

I love how you act as though you speak for an entire group of people.

Maybe try speaking for yourself for once.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

but I have a bigger issue with people complaining about crap that doesn't affect them.

This IS affecting us.
I mentioned it previously, who do you think eats that stuff?
What is the demographic. How many of them are on social services?

What is the trend for diabetes, cancer, obesity. Who will pay for all of that?

www.healthline.com...

Millennials on Track to be Most Obese Generation in History

I also noticed on those shows like my 600lb life almost all of them are millennials.
edit on 12-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic

Let people like things, jeesh. You're sounding like the elitist here.

as far as generations go, gen x was marketed with this pitch, too, and as far as i can tell, gen x'ers are really no better than millenials anyway.

Don’t even come at Gen X it won’t go well for you.

You're all a bunch of snowflakes as far as my generation is concerned.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Go sip your prune juice and sit down, this is between us and Millennials.
You had your turn to fight and your only legacy is knick knacks that are clogging up Goodwill.

Hey Mods please don’t delete this, both Boomers and Gen X can take a joke and a ding and we are the last generation to enjoy good humor.
& if it help, I too have to sip prune juice every now and then 😂

edit on 12-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm Gen X.

I was expected to wake up every morning by alarm clock, get ready, make my own breakfast, get dressed, brush my hair and teeth and make it out the door to catch the bus by 7am because both my parents had already left for work.

I was a latchkey kid and spent three hours alone on my own reconnaissance doing my homework and staying out of trouble waiting for my parents to get home.

Anything less than straight A's was not tolerated.

I have been busting my butt since I was eight years of age and if I want a goddamn Happy Meal I'm getting a goddamn Happy Meal.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Go sip your prune juice and sit down, this is between us and Millennials.
You had your turn to fight and your only legacy is knick knacks that are clogging up Goodwill.

Hey Mods please don’t delete this, both Boomers and Gen X can take a joke and a ding and we are the last generation to enjoy good humor.
& if it help, I too have to sip prune juice every now and then 😂

In my day we had to make our own knick-knacks, and a x-box was what we called a footlocker with a saucy picture stuck to the inside of the lid.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I'm Gen X.

I was expected to wake up every morning by alarm clock, get ready, make my own breakfast, get dressed, brush my hair and teeth and make it out the door to catch the bus by 7am because both my parents had already left for work.

I was a latchkey kid and spent three hours alone on my own reconnaissance doing my homework and staying out of trouble waiting for my parents to get home.

Anything less than straight A's was not tolerated.

I have been busting my butt since I was eight years of age and if I want a goddamn Happy Meal I'm getting a goddamn Happy Meal.

No wonder you're all so soft, we didn't have busses or alarm clocks. We had a guy banging a ladel against the gruel pot, then we had to walk 15 miles every morning, through the snow, in leaky boots, to get to the ammunition factory, and if we were late the comrade at the gate would dock a percentage from our entire detail.

And, yes, I DESERVE that happy meal. I DESERVE that little toy, and you bet your aunt nelly I'm going to play with it and make it do silly voices.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

"Boots"?! You were lucky.

We used to dream of having boots....etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

You win ATS of the day.

Your prize, …. An Adult Happy Meal!!!!!!!! 🤣

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Second prize...TWO Happy Meals!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Ya'll dreamt of boots? Lucky!

We were given two twigs and string. Then, we had to whittle our own flips-flops, before walking 3 miles in the freezing snow, just to get some damn KT chicken!
edit on 12-10-2022 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Aye, 'appen.

You tell the kids of today, an they won't believe you....etc

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

the bus by 7am because both my parents had already left for work.

I dreamed of riding the bus.
I actually DID walk uphill to school both ways. That isn’t a joke. We lived in a crappy neighborhood that was near a highway. We had to go on this God Forsaken overpass to get to our school. It was always windy and cold.

Did I mention all the creeps that were out. One morning my friend and I were walking to school, this guy jumps out of his car and says hey girls have you seen anyone …… off. He pulls his pants down and hacks away at it.
My friend was frozen and I had to pull her and we ran to 7/11. Luckily our school nurse was there and drove us to school and reported it to the police.

The crap we had to deal with. Gang members, drug dealers, perverts, and the elements. It’s a wonder any of us survived.

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Sounds like Swindon.

It's all string vests, beer guts and tattoos. And that's just the women!

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Sounds like Swindon.

It's all string vests, beer guts and tattoos. And that's just the women!

You are killing it today!

🤣

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join