It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi Gabbard FINALLY had her walk-away moment.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Tulsi Gabbard leaves Democratic Party, denounces it as 'elitist cabal'

"I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism," Gabbard said in an excerpt posted to Twitter.

It finally happened. About 6 years too late for my reckoning. When she ran for president, the DNC completely treated her like garbage. They barely acknowledged that she even existed, and shifted the goalposts multiple times to keep her from getting any traction.

She's right, of course. Joe Manchin (D-WV) has basically acknowledged that the only thing keeping him from becoming a Republican is that he doesn't want Mitch McConnell to be the Senate majority leader. (Quite reasonable, since Mitch deserves to be in prison every bit as much as the Clintons do.)

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I figured this day was coming.

I can’t put this all on the DNC though. I like Tulsi, she seems like one of the few politicians who I think might have genuine intentions. But she should have had the self awareness some time ago that she didn’t fit into the DNC, purely because I think she might have good intentions lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hope she's genuine unlike the Manchin-Sinema con-rook-hoodwink of the Century and possibly the biggest Looting of the Treasury in History 😎

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Hope she's genuine unlike the Manchin-Sinema con-rook-hoodwink of the Century and possibly the biggest Looting of the Treasury in History 😎

Glenn Greenwald explains 'Villain Rotation" in 2006 and its still apt today as ever.

This is what the Democratic Party does; it’s who they are. They’re willing to feign support for anything their voters want just as long as there’s no chance that they can pass it. They won control of Congress in the 2006 midterm elections by pretending they wanted to compel an end to the Iraq War and Bush surveillance and interrogation abuses because they knew they would not actually do so; and indeed, once they were given the majority, the Democratic-controlled Congress continued to fund the war without conditions, to legalize Bush’s eavesdropping program, and to do nothing to stop Bush’s habeas and interrogation abuses (“Gosh, what can we do? We just don’t have 60 votes”). The primary tactic in this game is Villain Rotation. They always have a handful of Democratic Senators announce that they will be the ones to deviate this time from the ostensible party position and impede success, but the designated Villain constantly shifts, so the Party itself can claim it supports these measures while an always-changing handful of their members invariably prevent it.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This is bad. The Democratic Party is even more insane now than it was yesterday thanks to this development.

She should’ve stayed and tried to foster a left-wing populist faction of the party to counter the dominant neoliberal corporate faction.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Her comment pretty much nails it, it's a global trend happening all over the place, she's genuine.

edit on 11-10-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I can’t put this all on the DNC though. I like Tulsi, she seems like one of the few politicians who I think might have genuine intentions. But she should have had the self awareness some time ago that she didn’t fit into the DNC, purely because I think she might have good intentions lol.
The probably with this thinking is that people like her and even Trump are beholden to advisor support and recommendation.

Many of these people do pull their own strings, however, they do need assistance for the overall plan and current status on peoples temperament and feeling.

It's why we question the, "why" when we know it "should". Factor in this, you'll have a much better frame of reference from individual perspectives.

It's entirely possible she wanted to leave a long time ago, however, due to her position and current obligations, just didn't feel right probably.
edit on 11-10-2022 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus

Her comment pretty much nails it, it's a global trend happening all over the place, she's genuine.

That's the same excuse the Biden people are using to justify our high inflation, crime, gas prices...

"It's happening all over the world. It's not our fault!"

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

All of those are very good points, and I think along similar lines. That’s why I find it so important not to use absolutist language when it comes to politicians. I think a lot of us have inherent distrust for anyone who’s in the field.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

is that because they are all crooks, or because they are all crooks?

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Is it to late to change her home address to somewhere in Georgia and take over the conservative support from Walker and run as a write-in?

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: CriticalStinker

is that because they are all crooks, or because they are all crooks?

Honestly, I could live with a bit of crookedness. I think we all know people we accept into our circles who have a questionable moral compass, and sometimes we even still love them.

But a lot of politicians start as crooked, and end at narcissistic psychopaths.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: juulzverne

The same thing could be said about the Republican party. We watched them do nothing during Trump's first two years, when they were in control.

It wasn't until nearly the end of his term that they began to show a little suport, mostly defending party ideals.

The funniest part of the entire Trump term was Democrats screaming how he was spending too much and would bury us in dept we could never climb out of.

Have any of them critisized Biden for excessive spending yet? Asking for a friend....

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The same thing could be said about the Republican party. We watched them do nothing during Trump's first two years, when they were in control.

oh yeah, that's how you know the two-party system is a front for establishment vs. the people. They had the house, senate and presidency and that dipsh*t Paul Ryan didn't even have a healthcare proposal to replace obamacare which was his signature issue. then he moped for two years before he left office because he got scared by Randy that gay iron worker cartoon that the Dems put up as a challenger. (who got smoked in the election anyway).

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The probably with this thinking is that people like her and even Trump are beholden to advisor support and recommendation.

Many of these people do pull their own strings, however, they do need assistance for the overall plan and current status on peoples temperament and feeling.

It's why we question the, "why" when we know it "should". Factor in this, you'll have a much better frame of reference from individual perspectives.

It's entirely possible she wanted to leave a long time ago, however, due to her position and current obligations, just didn't feel right probably.

I think some stay as they think they can change the party from the inside. Then realise that is impossible, The RNC and DNC was bought decades ago, By the corporations and Billionaires. Who now are the real power of government. That is why nothing is ever done to help the people. Just the huge donors to the two parties.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The funniest part of the entire Trump term was Democrats screaming how he was spending too much and would bury us in dept we could never climb out of. Have any of them critisized Biden for excessive spending yet? Asking for a friend....

No, the democrats don’t mention how much Biden spends. I also don’t hear praise from them either, which is evident how he has no supporters and how tone dead that party is. Which is why applaud tulsi leaving a party who puts in such a horrible candidate for president.

Since you brought up trump and are critical of dems not mentioning Biden spending. I rarely hear the right talk about trump breaking spending records before COVID and saying hold my beer during it. Talk about records.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It’s about time! Now she can run on a ticket with Dan Crenshaw. I think both would make good leaders.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Is it really "walking away" when one has already been shunned? A better title might be "Tulsi finally gets the hint". A bit slow, but she got there, so credit to her.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Maybe she'll climb on board with Yang and Whitman in the "Forward" party we've heard exactly nothing about since it was announced via Reuters a couple months ago.

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: juulzverne

It wasn't until nearly the end of his term that they began to show a little suport, mostly defending party ideals.

The funniest part of the entire Trump term was Democrats screaming how he was spending too much and would bury us in dept we could never climb out of.

Have any of them critisized Biden for excessive spending yet? Asking for a friend....
Right, however this then exposed the inner workings of not just GOP but Dems as well.

Here, we stepped above the average voter because we're now seeing many factions within. Most notably, the "Establishment incumbents" who had been in for so long that party lines obscured and blurred to the point that an actual faction exist that is neither GOP nor DEM but something else and not for your benefit.

All in all, we're learning as we go.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join