It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victory: Vanderbilt to pause gender-affirming surgeries for minors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   
After going through a cycle of denials, Vanderbilt is now pausing those gender transition surgeries for minors. The kind that many a fact-check claimed were not being conducted on minors.

link to MSNBC article

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Matt Walsh had a lot to do with this.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Matt Walsh had a lot to do with this.

indeed. to be clear I'm not taking any credit.

He's done great on these social issues like school policies and gender ideology. I just wish he'd get over his Never Trump tendencies. It's fine if you don't like Trump, but to pretend that there would be a GOP candidate that could have beaten Hillary if not for Trump is delusional.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: juulzverne

I'm not ready to celebrate yet. Vanderbilt isn't stopping the program, just "pausing" the program while they "review their practices." And are doing so in accordance with WPATH guidelines. (WPATH isn't even a certified or accredited medical organization.) And in accordance with Biden's efforts to regulate and normalize these procedures.

I'd bet dollars to donuts they are just waiting for all the "right" guidelines and best practices to be re-written and will then continue the program, saying it's in line with current medical knowledge/technology and recommended best practices. They just need the right protection first.

Once they have that official cover, they will continue, and not even worry about lawsuits because their defense will be that they were doing everything in line with official government rules, regs and guidance. They were really really trying to do the right thing... it's not their fault everyone else was wrong.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   

i agree that he took the "Trump lies" issue too far.
To drift a bit... I got such a kick out of Walsh's debate with the trans people on TV. I think it was the Dr. Phil show? The way he explained "You don't own the language. You don't get your own pronouns. it doesn't work that way."
That was great.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

no doubt. but they got rattled enough to have to address this publicly. NBC doing what they can to massage the news by referring to it as "gender affirming" surgeries and whatever else they can to sugarcoat what its all about. ($$$)

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
I like him. I like his delivery. He's damn funny.
It's weird that society is at a point where reality seems like parody.
but he's capitalizing on it well.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Glad they stopped, but I will wager they pick up again as soon as they think the heat is off.

Dont even know how to keep the heat up on them.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I truly believe there are some that are born in the wrong body.

The problem is that this number is so small.

I think a lot of what we see today is more mental illness. There are a lot of people that have transitioned that go back or wish they didn’t convert.

To do these surgeries on anyone under 25 should be criminal. The human brain isn’t even fully formed.
Hormones are still crazy.

I’m not saying people can’t dress as they feel comfortable, but to give hormones and surgery is just too much.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

the women will and are being relentless on the topic... they want their safeguards back, at this point I can see them becoming an electoral force and if political parties are not careful I can see them being swept aside by this..

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
The problem is that this number is so small.

totally agree. what's at play these days is unnatural or artificial.
unless we're going through some weird nature phenomenon like those frogs that will change sex if there's not enough females in the local pond. perhaps we triggered some response mechanism embedded in our code.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Glad they stopped, but I will wager they pick up again as soon as they think the heat is off.

Dont even know how to keep the heat up on them.

I bet they're consulting with the DOJ on some of that domestic terrorism protection like they used against parents going to school board meetings.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: juulzverne

no doubt. but they got rattled enough to have to address this publicly. NBC doing what they can to massage the news by referring to it as "gender affirming" surgeries and whatever else they can to sugarcoat what its all about. ($$$)

That's all good -- definitely! And the increased focus by the public and the Governor and other politicians is great. We need those eyes open and watching and fighting.

I shouldn't have been so cynical about it. I'm very glad this has happened, and though it's probably not the end of it all that we'd like to see, it may be the beginning of the end.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The elections coming in Nov are scaring them 😎

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

they need to do a better job spotlighting the parents of these children that are allowing them to get these procedures. I have to think they're all reality TV level crazy.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Can you expand on this? How exactly would that work? I've gone over it a million times in my mind, and no matter how I look at it, I cannot see a way for that to happen.

The closest I can come is to consider it in light of reincarnation, and that a soul meant for a life (and lessons) of one sex was born into a body with the opposite sex. But free will would mean that the soul chose to do so, even if they live to regret it. Or, possibly, a soul which has spent too many lives as one sex, who is born into the body of the opposite sex, has trouble familiarizing and orienting themselves to the new sex... but even then, it's more likely that they were not born into the wrong body, just that they were born into an unfamiliar body and are having trouble orienting themselves to the different sex.

If we take reincarnation and/or souls out of it, then it's all the luck of the draw. If it is our first and only life, then we have no other reference or experience in "being" the opposite sex, there is no fundamental sex or gender, and a person's only reference for being born in the wrong body would be their own perception and observation of others. There would be nothing to feel, just one's druthers.

I can, however, completely understand someone looking at sexist stereotypes and gender norms and thinking, "This is not me... but that is me." In that case, though, it would be society's demands and expectations that are wrong, not the person who doesn't conform.

I'd love to hear and consider a new perspective if you'd like to share...

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Or, possibly, a soul which has spent too many lives as one sex, who is born into the body of the opposite sex, has trouble familiarizing and orienting themselves to the new sex... but even then, it's more likely that they were not born into the wrong body, just that they were born into an unfamiliar body and are having trouble orienting themselves to the different sex.

Let me preface by saying this is just my opinion.

Yes something along these lines. I personally believe in past lives. I believe that some were the opposite sex, they embodied that sex, then they were born into the wrong/unfamiliar body and don’t identify with it.

One way I have seen this is when very young children have this and they never deviate from it. This is different then when a teen wants is “confused”.
When someone is in the “wrong body” and want to be the other gender they already know how to be that gender. There is no awkwardness. I don’t mean that in a derogatory way, I don’t know a better way of explaining it.
ODDLY enough, those people seem to NOT get the surgeries as much.

These few people truly born into the wrong body have been mentioned in history in every culture, some accepted some not. They have always been there.

In our culture these people were often seen as gay, and that they played the part. I think it is very different. Those born in the wrong body truly feel with every fiber of their being that they are the opposite gender.

edit on 10-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I agree it is a response in my mind for the one group who've had the most privilege to claim they are actually the most marginalised minority.... going down this road at some point we'll have the 1% claim they are a marginalised minority...

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Posted a few days ago here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join