It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nursing strikes - morally bankrupt, due to lives being put at risk? A proposed alternative...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

A simple proposal which occurred to me when viewing alternative UK news media channel 'GB News'. Firstly, the context: These guys (GB News) offer alternative (& even conspiracy-related) news, views & discussion content 24 hours a day, broadcast to the nation without censorship. Hosts have openly opined & also entertained the views of guests who state plainly that yes, the vaccines are a deliberately designed bioweapon. They openly call the circumstances surrounding the promotion of said bioweapon 'the SCAMdemic'. One of the presenters has issued a demand that all [vaccine distributors, captured agencies' staff, medical personnel co-opted willingly or without resistance into the killing of patients by the use of dangerous medical procedures as 'treatments', as well as prominent supporters of lockdowns, vaccines & promoters of social ostracisation behaviours levelled against alternative thinkers], should all face criminal proceedings for their part in the socio-economic & health disaster represented by wise & well-informed thinkers as 'the SCAMdemic'.

As such, as well as being solidly conservative, they are a fine organisation to support - seeing as the only alternative is the mouthpiece captured media organisations controlled by the organs of the liberal world order, those who have acted shamefully to cheerlead for COVID measures & vaccine rollout over the entire course of the SCAMdemic, without skipping a beat, with absolutely no reasonable space being given to opposing views, with scathing ad hominem/cancelling of highly intelligent, lucid thinkers, academics & politicians, pundits & clinicians who do not subscribe to the liberal world order BS, totally manipulating the public into a dual state of learned helplessness & mass formation psychosis, which means that the public at large have become the agents of their own destruction - they are inmates, but are deluded into believing they are the guards, responsible for controlling & punishing the other inmates to prevent anyone from coming to saving knowledge of the Truth (on any level - Truth as a principle is abhorred by the masters & architects of the liberal world order, with 'woke' social compliance being the standard measure of right versus wrong). The only right is the liberal world order, and every wrong is basically what is not the approved current thing opinion grist which the masters & architects happen to be pushing on the inmates at any one particular time.

Tonight, GB News presenter Patrick Christy (one of my least favourite amongst the presenters, he is very brash & very much lacking in compoassionate perspectives of any sort whatsoever) was discussing the proposed union strike action which is being lined up by the UK nursing union/s due to what the nurses perceive as an inadequate pay rise of 5% this year. The presenter rightly points out that nurses on strike will literally lead to deaths because of tests not carried out, wounds not cleaned properly, appropriate medications not issued on time, mistakes made by agency staff, signs of dangerous developments missed, etc. I disagree with some of what he wrote in his article, but I'm in full agreement that nurses have taken an oath to 'do no harm' (which in fact has already been decimated by their compliance with the SCAMdemic treatment modalities rolled out by hospital administrators & senior medics/doctors, but forgetting that for a moment..) As a result of that oath, I believe it would be morally reprehensible for nurses to strike nationally & thereby put the lives of thousands of patients at more risk than the excess risks they already face in a post-SCAMdemic world.

What then is the solution, if the nurses' & their unions genuinely believe they are being underpaid? How do they get the administrators & government ministers to the negotiating table?

Well, I think I might have a solution.

Nurses save & improve lives due to the care they give when we are sicj or injured. Sure, some of them are bitchy & cynical, as a long-term disabled person I have repeatedly been subject to the pernicious scorn & disgruntlement of those sorts of nurses. But the great majority are in the job because they care about peoples' health & wellbeing, and they are professionally & personally committed to looking after us in our potentially greatest time of need in terms of anything we might encounter at any moment throughout our lives. If they are underpaid, and it would be ethically inappropriate for them to strike & thereby break their 'no harm' oath, then it seems clear to me that we, the nation's beneficiaries of their tireless care & concern for us, our parents, our children & grandchildren, multiple times over the years that each of them is professionally active, have a responsibility to step us as a nation & serve their interests by generously & altruistically giving of our time & salary, if it is reasonable for us to do so, ideally with the support of our own line managers & company directors, in order to take unpaid time off work in order to populate a national general strike which will overall interfere actively with some aspect of essential public life, in order to inconvenience the government & the rest of the public to a 'reasonable' level merely sufficient to annoy the government & the general public (because then the public will help by applying pressure to the government in order to lead them into appropriate negotiations & appropriate deals on pay & conditions for the nurses).

A five day general strike of this nature, with the 'inconvenient public life interference activity' to be selected by a suitably representative vote after the concept has been gamed out by think tanks which sympathise with the nurses' position.

What say you ATS, have I just solved a time-tested paradox of modern professional & governmental ethics?

Cheers,

FITO.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Don't your anti-population politicians take an oath to serve the people of your nation a fair and just way ?

If they don't, then an awareness of ALL govt. employees should remind them not by going on strike but giving their paycheck back to their politicians and tell them, use this to move to China, North Korea or even Cuba.

That is the best awareness the population can truly serve their ANGER OF LACK OF COMPASSION AND NO FAIR AND JUST GOVERNMENT.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

So the general public strike on behalf of the NHS...

Very Gandhi like, it's a good idea.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 04:01 AM
link   
If your business model includes paying slave wages,
maybe your business needs to fail

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Good idea but not new.

Known as secondary action and in 1992, outlawed in the UK by Thatcher. Unions unlikely to support workers taking such action.

Wildcat strikes not unlawful but workers could breach employment contracts.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I feel all the good nurses like my cousin left when they were not allowed to talk about the dangers of the Covid vaccine. So I don’t plan on “supporting” any of the nurses that are left because frankly they weren’t there for us when we needed them the most. Instead they made choreographed TikTok videos which was proof the hospitals weren’t being overrun and they allowed people with other issues just die by refusing care.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

Excatly so !

The real issue is that if pay is not enough and every year inflation keeps sky rocketing there every year less and less for living and nursing as a profession get unattracted. Modern countries have aging population which needs nurses more and more, these are people who have been born after WW2 when birthrate was sky high to what it is today. Who do you think will treat you when you are retired and can´t do it on your own anymore when there is not enough healthcare personnels to do that, who possibly would work for slave salary and spend years to study to be a nurse ? Maybe you do want your nurses to come from third world to treat you, give you medicine etc, but do not get upset if you can´t figure out what they are saying to you.
I am not against third world nurses as we also have few of those where i work, the problem is elderly do not quite understand what these nurses are saying and these nurses also feel dissapointments when they are not understood.

If we want to do it cheap so salaries could stay low, then we must bring and eduacate nurses from third countries, schooling should be short as soon in future we will need these nurses quite badly. How much are you willing to pay to get nurses who has decently schooled as a nurse and has that know how what it takes to be a nurse who knows his/hers profession ?

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Something I've read quite often from NHS nurses (particularly on Mumsnet), is that GPs and A&Es are overwhelmed, and in large part by patients who really don't need professional medical care, and could easily treat themselves. I have heard the same from nurses in the US (particularly my mother- and sister-in-law). In an already very stressful job, I can only imagine how frustrating this is for nurses, and how problematic it can be in delivering necessary and proper care to the patients who genuinely need professional medical care.

While not an immediate solution, I do think educating people on how to take care of themselves -- before, during and after injury or illness -- would go a long way to relieve the overwhelming pressure on nurses (and all healthcare providers), and provide more funds to pay nurses (and other workers) a better wage.

Of course, other changes need to be made to the industry as a whole as well in order for it to operate efficiently and effectively. Pharma prices for example. It's pretty damn sad when Big Pharma is raking in more than the healthcare workers actually caring for patients...

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is a create a situation and suddenly come up with a solution. This is all part of the plan.
Since a certain Ms Thatcher came to power the NHS has purposely been underfunded, not by a great deal but a slow drip drip. More so in the last 10 years with many procedures being passed out to private firms. Those firms being paid out of NHS funds draining more out of the system. People who have been to these firms are really happy "OOoo,great I'm having private treatment" and they cannot see the wood for the trees.

Just wait till the SHTF, and it will, they'll come out and say "Look at the NHS, not fit for purpose, LET'S PRIVATISE IT". THAT is what's been in the mix for 40 years.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Research tends to show that most public health care programs all tend to look towards privatization to make it sustainable. It just doesn't work well.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The NHS is a truly great organisation staffed by good people.

But as has been said it has been undermined, underfunded, and mismanaged by a succession of government and administrations.
All with one aim - PRIVATISATION and the generation of profit for an elite few.

I've experienced first hand the dedication and devotion to duty that the vast majority of overworked nursing staff deliver under at times stressful and traumatic circumstances - of course that's the nature of the job but it shouldn't be ignored.
They deserve every penny of their demands.

I firmly believe that withdrawal of labour is the best tool at the working mans disposal and I would 100% support striking in non-essential and non-emergency roles.
But I'm not sure its the best course of action in this instance; with the government machine likely to kick into overdrive it wouldn't be long before MSM were portraying them as demons and/or communist inspired insurgents.
Public opinion can be fickle and the public have short memories at times.
Strike action could in fact just hasten the drive to privatisation.

A dilemma.

Could a General Strike of sorts help their cause?
Possibly.
But as has been said the legalities and technicalities of such a strike are debatable. Governments have introduced law after law restricting the right to strike.

Maybe if it was part of a larger call to action?
I get the feeling there is a growing general sense of unease and discontent.
Not exactly revolution....but a demand for change.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Rushing nurses thru school only produces 2nd rate nurses.
I normally reject foreign nurses. They are generally untrained and less professional. My own experience with mostly Philippine nurses

a reply to: dollukka

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

I was sarcastic about rushing nurses thru school.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I never thought I would ever utter such words, but: "Tories Out"!!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I was talking to a mate last night and he told me that he firmly believes we need a change of government immediately.
This guy is a lifelong Tory voter but if there was a General Election this week he would vote Labour for the first time in his life.
He said he believes they are morally redundant and have completely lost touch with the British people. (Which to be fair so have The Labour Party).

He was also telling me that a friend of his has had £60,000 wiped out of his pension fund thanks to Kwasimodo and Truss's incompetence.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Me too, maybe.

But still leaning towards "None of the above".

As in "Don't vote or the Govt will get in."

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I'll think about my voting intentions when a General Election gets called.

In the mean time I'm definitely in the 'None of the Above' camp too.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I actually quite like Kier Starmer.

For a change, he is actually looking electable.

Truss is already turning out to be a nightmare.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   

News Flash for you. Deaths rates go Down sharply when doctors/nurses/hospitals strike! Look it up.

At least 267000 killed by doctors/nurses/hospitals every year in USA. (Some say up to 750000)

THIRD leading cause of death.

5030 A WEEK. people saved.

733 A DAY! people saved.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Nonsense. its overstaffed by 50000 useless managers at 120000 a manger who suck up 35 billion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join