It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bangkok horror children killed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This is so sad . As a father with an only child I'd be ... lost for words.

A gunman who attacked a child care center in Thailand and then fired from his car as he fled killed more than 30 people Thursday, including two dozen children, authorities said.

It was the deadliest mass shooting in the country's history. The assailant, identified as a former police officer, killed his wife and child before taking his own life.

www.aol.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Maybe the spirit from that broken killing stone, made it over to Thailand.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It’s really weird to read these things outside of the US.

What is happening that people want to harm children so much?

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Poor kids and their families.

See this is why only cops/government should have guns....eyeroll

edit on 6-10-2022 by turbo8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
My most heartfelt sympathy to all affected by this tragic event.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbo8

Poor kids and their families.

See this is why only cops/government should have guns....eyeroll

The article states that Thailand does not have strict gun control laws like Japan and Singapore.

With an armed public, sometimes there are killers. Having more guns doesn't change that.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Our society creates monsters. You can try to take away the tools but the monsters will still be there.

That should scare the hell out of you. It does me because no one wants to admit that.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I disagree. The more guns there are around in friendly hands, the more opportunity that someone will be in the right place at the right time to stop this kind of thing as soon as it starts. Remember, the LEO'S of any country, state, or province are only so many and can only be so many places at once. Usually never in the right place at the right time.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't want to get involved in yet another gun control debate, especially in the immediate aftermath of another tragedy.

But it is worth noting that at least one in ten Thai's legally own guns and there are considerably more illegal guns as is commonplace in most places where there has been insurgencies and terrorist activities.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

I disagree. The more guns there are around in friendly hands, the more opportunity that someone will be in the right place at the right time to stop this kind of thing as soon as it starts. Remember, the LEO'S of any country, state, or province are only so many and can only be so many places at once. Usually never in the right place at the right time.

These mass shooters are never wearing bowler hats at the time. Therefore, we'd have fewer mass shooters if everyone wore bowler hats?

< sarcasm off >

The issue isn't one of LEO's being present or not. It's about the availability of firearms. You don't reduce that by making such weapons more available.

edit on 6/10/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Its quite a simple concept really. If everyone around you could have a gun, would you even consider acting a fool? There are always the few who have extreme behavioral issues and should not have guns. Taking guns from anyone who is sane and law abiding isn't the answer. We shouldn't have to suffer because a few people think guns should me illegal.

How is the war on drugs going? Making them illegal didn't do jack to stop the inflow and use of them.

Making drugs illegal didn't stop the addicts from getting and using.
Locking doors only keeps honest people out.
Making guns illegal will only stop the lawful people from getting and using them.

A psychopath bent on hurting people will still hurt people weather its a gun a knife or burning down a house while people sleep.

The real focus needs to be on sociological problems like mental health care.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

because sane normal people don't kill 23 sleeping children. spot on.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JAGStorm

Our society creates monsters. You can try to take away the tools but the monsters will still be there.

That should scare the hell out of you. It does me because no one wants to admit that.

There is definitely something going on at a more rapid pace now then when I was a child.
Sure there have always been crazies, serial killers and the likes, but now it is so much more prevalent.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yea blame the gun blah blah blah. Dance around the issue of mental health. Then straw man hard.
Kiwi’s are flightless birds
Chr0naut’s are thoughtless shills.

He killed two dozen children…gunna take a guess that he doesn’t care how illegal his weapon of choice is.How is this so hard for some people to grasp.

edit on 6-10-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: turbo8

He also stabbed some of the children

Jesus take the wheel, the world is sick!

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It’s really weird to read these things outside of the US.

What is happening that people want to harm children so much?

Because unlike what the media would love to have every US citizen believe it's not just an US problem. The man was deranged. It's not the guns fault. Given a knife he would have likely attempted the same thing. Sans knife he probably would have attempted to strangle every last child.

ETA just saw KTemplar's post above. Case in point.
edit on 6-10-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This did not happen in Bangkok but in the far N.E. at Na Klang district which is about as far from Bangkok as you can get in country. The shooter was a Col "X-cop" who was fired for drug abuse. Usually druggies go to jail but since he was once a cop he was walking free. Very young man to be a Col so he must have had a HI-SO (high society) sponsor not to mention skating jail time. When I first heard about this I figured it happened in the deep south where Muslims are always wanting to kill someone, kids or not; but I was wrong. The higher the rank means everyone who works below him pays a certain percentage of their monthly salary to him and he also pays whoever is directly above him. So, loss of face, loss of income, plus being a druggie is a bad mix IMO..... also he might have found out he was indeed going to jail ? youtu.be...
Whatever the reason this is about as bad as anything I have heard of as far as Thai on Thai killing.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Its quite a simple concept really. If everyone around you could have a gun, would you even consider acting a fool? There are always the few who have extreme behavioral issues and should not have guns. Taking guns from anyone who is sane and law abiding isn't the answer. We shouldn't have to suffer because a few people think guns should me illegal.

How is the war on drugs going? Making them illegal didn't do jack to stop the inflow and use of them.

Making drugs illegal didn't stop the addicts from getting and using.
Locking doors only keeps honest people out.
Making guns illegal will only stop the lawful people from getting and using them.

A psychopath bent on hurting people will still hurt people weather its a gun a knife or burning down a house while people sleep.

Because all nut cases carry around a flashing sign that says: "I'm insane. Don't sell me a gun!".

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   
That photo has the classic zombie stare and the close placement of the eyes indicates a super predator according to certain sciences that may or may not have scientific validation depending on your education and exposure to such theories.

I say this because I've been judged by the same criteria and it's been difficult proving I have no ill-will towards anyone and am incredibly docile unless pushed into situations where my only recourse is self-defense for survival's sake.

But enough about me, this kid has some serious issues.

Attacking innocent and sleeping children in the manner that he did and then executing his family screams of something SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THIS GUY'S THOUGHT PROCESSES.

This in't about guns and weapons, this is about mental health and catching the warning signs before an incident occurs.

Even if you banned guns, knives, bludgening tools, rocks, hammers, etc....he still could have killed them with a pillow or even his bare hands if the compulsion to kill was strong enough and overrode his rational humanity.

This is why mental health cases with severe characteristics are sometimes isolated in rubber rooms with no clothes because they can use anything and everything to kill themselves or others with.

THIS IS ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH.

I'm betting something about him snapped due to the anture of his Profession, Training and Stress on the Job in performing those duties expected of him. He probably hadn't slept for a while and was exhibiting signs and symptoms that went unnoticed and unreported for whatever reason.

There are always warning signs, and we should all be on the lookout for them, especially in our Militaries and Policing Forces.

edit on 10/6/22 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar, minor additions

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join