It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan returns to the Sea of Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Maybe some of you here in the Navy have an update on this. I wonder about the support ships and subs that are involved.
I think US intelligence believe something but is it the take over of Kim for his natural resources with the help of China ?
Actually something is not adding up. Why would Kim knowningly shoot a missile over Japan and the US and Japan won't shoot it down. Is he playing with a full deck of cards when he actually just can shoot the missiles into the vast lands of China ?
edit on 1000000001412022-10-05T04:41:01-05:00410110am4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 1000000034412022-10-05T04:41:34-05:00413410am4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Maybe some of you here in the Navy have an update on this. I wonder about the support ships and subs that are involved.
I think US intelligence believe something but is it the take over of Kim for his natural resources with the help of China ?
Actually something is not adding up. Why would Kim knowningly shoot a missile over Japan and the US and Japan won't shoot it down. Is he playing with a full deck of cards when he actually just can shoot the missiles into the vast lands of China ?

G’day mim, do these hit international waters, or is it Japanese territory.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robbo2006

originally posted by: musicismagic

G’day mim, do these hit international waters, or is it Japanese territory.

this was posted 4 hours ago but it was a replay. but it gives you an idea that here we are ready for any attack from North Korea.

edit on 1000000023032022-10-05T05:03:23-05:00032310am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Robbo2006

Its more about internation air space. How far up does your airspace go? When they launch a ballistic missile it bends as it goes up, and out, and the Earth rotates. if its 5,10, 15, 20 miles up, whatever is it still your airspace? NK doesn't seem to think so, they think they can launch and have their missile fly wherever, just as long as its not low. It comes down to when it entered over Japan, how high was it? Its ballistic so it should be pretty high, as the higher it goes, the less fuel it uses reaching its destination on the way down, expanding its radius as it can coast down will a lot less effort.

Camain

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

It's generally accepted that FL600 to the Karman Line is uncontrolled airspace.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Robbo2006

They're landing outside the Japanese EEZ.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Carriers are meant to be sailed. They're vulnerable in port, and useless if you need them. As for the missile, you don't shoot it down, because it's not a threat. You learn from each flight, and get to know its capabilities.

new topics

top topics

join