It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is CRISPR Technology Beneficial?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DevotedResearcher

Jennifer Doudna and Samuel Sternberg wrote a book that describes the pros and cons of CRISPR technology available on amazon:
A Crack In Creation: Gene Editing and the Unthinkable Power to Control Evolution Kindle Edition
by Jennifer A. Doudna (Author), Samuel H. Sternberg (Author) Format: Kindle Edition

Not since the atomic bomb has a technology so alarmed its inventors that they warned the world about its use. That is, until 2015, when biologist Jennifer Doudna called for a worldwide moratorium on the use of the gene-editing tool CRISPR—a revolutionary new technology that she helped create—to make heritable changes in human embryos. The cheapest, simplest, most effective way of manipulating DNA ever known, CRISPR may well give us the cure to HIV, genetic diseases, and some cancers. Yet even the tiniest changes to DNA could have myriad, unforeseeable consequences, to say nothing of the ethical and societal repercussions of intentionally mutating embryos to create “better” humans. Writing with fellow researcher Sam Sternberg, Doudna—who has since won the Nobel Prize for her CRISPR research—shares the thrilling story of her discovery and describes the enormous responsibility that comes with the power to rewrite the code of life.

Like other technological developments i.e. nuclear energy, it can be used for good and evil. The moratorium on CRISPR use never took hold. Even high school kids can use a kit version to experiment with gene editing.

I'm sure there are some science fiction worthy stories out there, but at the end of the day, if someone has malfeasance in mind, it just might happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
In theory, Crispr and Cas9 are amazing discoveries with an amazing potential once we understand how to apply it safely (and we are far from there yet!)

The Medical Rebel Dr. Lee Merritt talks about CRISPR/Cas9 in this interview: EP1740 BARDSFM - A CONVERSATION WITH DR. LEE MERRITT, PART 1

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DevotedResearcher

Is CRISPR Technology Beneficial?

All technology can be beneficial or harmful depending on how its used.

Humans don't invent tools they don't use all the same.

posted on Nov, 11 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
2) the possibility to weaponize crispr/cas9 technology (for ex the supper soldier that doesn't fear anything or feels no pain,....)

I paused a video that I am watching today, because a presentation on the video made me remember your post on this thread.

The video I'm watching is about the C-19 horror show and brainstorming about TRUE SCIENCE, for the good of we the people, so that we can determine how to proceed AT THIS POINT IN TIME.

This video is a must-see for all dedicated truth seekers.

A screenshot and link to the video on the free-speech platform Bitchute:

MUST WATCH: DR MONZO AND DR ARDIS PUT IT TO THE TEST

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
CRISPR-Cas9 has come up in this video: KAREN KINGSTON & DR. ANA MIHALCEA

This is a Maria Zeee interview.

It seems humanity is under attack from artificial intelligence that will highjack our consciousness to the point of highjacking our soul.

The attack is apparently delivered many ways: aerosol, foods, beverages, chemtrails, C-19 injections, and shedding from C-19 injections.

Chelation is apparently called for.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join