It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Find! Biggest Ocean on Earth Found Near Earth's Core

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DirtWasher
a reply to: watchitburn

Are you certain they weren't giant clouds of hydrogen between galaxies? Are you thinking of the same clouds that shouldn't be there if the big bang theory was correct?

I don't remember the specifics, but I'm pretty sure it was massive clouds of frozen water just floating through space. This would have been around 2013ish I think.

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

originally posted by: underpass61

If it's near the core I wonder how hot that water is?

The Mantle itself is 200°C (392°F) to 4,000°C (7,230°F), per Wikipedia. So pretty darn hot!

possible those figures are wildly inaccurate considering before this post the worlds scientist figured it was all molten lava. This tells me they lied about that and everything else they couldn't come up with an answer on. SMH

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

If only we had the Jules Verne earth and we could send a vessel down into the ocean of diamonds.

"As cool as ice" then, perhaps not an ocean of diamonds, but an ocean of water trapped in diamonds?

posted on Oct, 5 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It's primary water. The core is a self sustaining plasma reaction that produces hydrocarbons and water in the by-product. The hydrocarbon chains are natural gas and oil, so oil is essentially abiotic.

However, we can and are drawing out oil faster than the earth can replenish the supply at or near the surface where we can drill.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yeah that's what I meant.

It's not easily identified as water.

Varies from being described as a slurry of hydrous rock to hydroxide trapped in layers of crystal. With Ringwoodite forming at the deepest part of the transition zone. Other polymorphs in that zone are Olivine and Wadsleyite. All form at different depths of this "ocean".

But there's a lot of these minerals. How much crystal is that if it's miles thick. I brought up diamonds because carbon is also present. Not near as much, but enough to completely baffle people when they misleadingly say 3X the water.

Basically layers of crystal with water in it.
edit on 6-10-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

If we have 3 times the amount of water we thought we had it kind of suggests that water is everywhere in the Galaxy / Universe and most rocky planets will also have an abundance of the wet stuff.

The discovery also begs the questions why ? and how ?

Excellent observation. I admire critical thought like this.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: salty_wagyu

Totally a looney tunes sketch

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Yeah one problem with that if it's near the core it would instantly evaporate It would be boiling steam would be coming out of cracks all over the world a hole lot more then now .

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

When water is under that much pressure and embedded in nanoparticle form(I do not know what the term is for this), core heat will not be enough to flash steam it out. It stays in that mineral-embedded state until it somehow creeps out slowly where there is less pressure further from the core, which means it cools.

Water geysers require a tunnel structure and hollow area near hot rocks for the steamy splashy show.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Idiotic nonsense, proving that people will believe anything. Any water way down there (being lighter than anything way down there) would have made it's way to the surface over the millions of years of earth's history.

More or less. There's a mean sea level, and everything below that is full of water if it isn't solid rock, but the problem is that it is all solid rock down there, or molten rock, red hot magma. Up near the surface of the earth there are various "hydrate" minerals of rocks more or less chemically combined or bound with water.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join