It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High school cancels football season after athletes filmed staging ‘slave auction’ prank

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: Thrumbo

I would like to see this alleged video.
I have a hard time believing this would be a thing, let alone the black players going along with it.

I can.

They're kids. They rebel. They likely know they aren't supposed to, so they did it *for that reason*. It's a bit like sneaking off to say all the 4-letter words when we were in grade school. The joke was in the transgression against convention and authority. They could have been having a kegger, but the officials probably wouldn't have cared, so that's not really rebellion, is it?

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
With no video available, and no statements from any of the students, I'm going to withhold judgment.

Maybe it was a harmless but tasteless joke.

Maybe it was much worse than that.

We really don't know yet.

Right.. the article doesn't really say what everyone involved was thinking. Its a jump to assume it was harmless. Anyway, i dont think this is national news worthy if the school is already handeling it.
edit on 3-10-2022 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneyAbout
62 million views on Comedy Central's YouTube channel.

yeah pretty funny.

hell, i'd buy him! lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   
First time I went to the rocky horror picture show they auctioned off all the virgins thought it was one of the funniest things I ever saw.

If the tone was light hearted it's a who cares moment to me, and a massive over reaction by the school.

But about what I expect these days.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notabot12345666
a reply to: Boadicea

We know the mother felt victimized and we know how this would go over if it happened in Alabama and we know what the left has defined as racist: everything.

I got the feeling the mother was outraged, but if anyone was victimized, it was her son. And I'm not sure anyone was victimized. We don't know if her son thought it would be a hilarious anti-woke joke, if he felt coerced or bullied into playing along. We have no idea how this played out. We just know that one mother was outraged after the fact, and understandably so.

While I don't see anything funny about it, so at best it is a tasteless joke, and people in Alabama will think what they will and the left will think what they will, I'm more concerned with the people (kids) directly involved and how this all played out.

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Right.. the article doesn't really say what everyone involved was thinking. Its a jump to assume it was harmless. Anyway, i dont think this is national news worthy if the school is already handeling it.

Exactly. It doesn't say who thought of it. What prompted the idea. What the Black kids thought. If anyone objected (and were threatened, harassed, bullied).

We don't even know when it happened or where it happened. Was it on school grounds? Was it during football practice? Before a game or after a game? If the coach or any adults were present, and if so, did they cheer it on or actually take part or just turn a blind eye?

Nor is this blurb newsworthy... except to fan the racism flames. Unless there's more to it, it's one school and one football team, not a state-wide or even nation-wide phenomenom. I almost expected it to be a TikTok challenge, or something similar. But as a stand-alone event, being handled by the school and school board, it seems to be a non-story.

Kids acted up and got punished.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: Thrumbo

Thanks Colin Kaepernick
I wonder where they got the Idea from ?

Only the writers of South Park can get away with it.

It's obvious why the high school doesn't want anyone to be reminded that for them it's...

edit on 6-10-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo

originally posted by: Lysergic
Oh noes better send the kids to the

This would indeed be shocking and incredibly taboo in certain parts of the country though I must admit. CNN made sure to grab it up and spin it.

In the article attributed to CNN which part is spin vs reporting?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join