It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine forces trap thousands of Russian troops in Lyman , Donetsk region

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Today Ukrainian troops entered the outskirts of the strategically important city of Lyman in the recently annexed Donetsk region , it's believed over 5,000 Russian troops are still trapped in the city as Ukraine have had it virtually surrounded for the last few days.

Ukrainian soldiers have clambered onto a vehicle with the Ukrainian flag on the outskirts of the eastern town of Lyman, a long-time Russian bastion that Kyiv says it has encircled, a video posted by the president’s chief of staff showed.

“October 1. We are unfurling our state flag and establishing it on our land. Lyman will be Ukraine,” one of the soldiers said before taping the flag onto what appeared to be the “Lyman” welcome sign on the way into the town.
www.aljazeera.com...

Annexation , meet reclamation.
Video

Russia counting Annexation votes , diligence is key.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

i'm wondering when old farty is gonna back up his words. it's clear that russian forces are getting their a@@ kicked, and a extra 300,000 not wanting to be there troops ain't gonna change sh@@, hell the only thing that could help is better equipment or equipment that even works.

weapons of mass destruction is all they have, and i really don't think he'll use nukes, maybe chemical but not nukes. if he lets nukes fly or chemicals. he knows that will be the end of russia and the old way of wanting and trying be the power in europe for the last 700 plus years. he and his cronies will be hunted down tried and executed if not killed brutally during capture.

The west is gonna keep on supplying Ukraine with weapons, and intelligence, Ukraine is gonna continue to to kick russia's ass. the past 7 months has shown that the worlds 2nd ranked miliatary is a paper tiger and people that support russia just can't stand that.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Pat.pat

a reply to: BernnieJGato

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I'm guessing that flag will be up and down like a whores drawers in the coming months.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The Ukraine will likely get straight into the rape murder and torture they are known for around those parts.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yeah I read that article. It sounds good, but is it realistic? Encircled supposedly, technically, whatever.. right by the Russian border. I wonder how many Ukrainian militia are encircling it, considering the defenders are approximately 5,000.

I guess Ukrainian militia are going to go house to house, street to street, and die for country.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
For decades, all we've heard is how bad-ass Russia's military is, and how dangerous Russia is to the rest of the world. Now all I hear is how impotent they are. Something is wrong with this picture.

I'm now supposed to believe that one of the most powerful countries in the world has a rag-tag military with leadership that can't plan and run a military campaign. They couldn't collect enough intelligence beforehand to know what they were up against and what they needed to do to achieve the endgame against a small country with a small military and no real armaments to speak of.

Either much of what we are hearing is war time propaganda, or Russia was never a major military threat to begin with. They've just relied on their nuclear arsenal as a deterrent for decades.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
The Ukraine will likely get straight into the rape murder and torture they are known for around those parts.

Except they are the reports coming out of the towns liberated by Ukraine , rape ,murder and torture carried out by Russian troops.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Wow, how can this not be a show down event.

I don't think of Putin and Russia as weak and capitulating within their long term strategy. Although I clearly know who NATO is
, I haven't been paying attention to the specifics in Ukraine. However this turns out, it seems like it will define the times.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Either much of what we are hearing is war time propaganda, or Russia was never a major military threat to begin with.

Russia is a country riddled with corruption I think what we are seeing is the result of that corruption and how it has effected their military.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

They've just relied on their nuclear arsenal as a deterrent for decades.

that is the main reason they were ranked second, the other was the sheer number of tanks, fighting vehicles, aircraft( some at time where considered advanced) and subs.

all they ever fought against after WWII had nothing really to fight with nor the help exceept for afghanstan.

since the fall of the USSR, russia has been in decline in maintenance, development and of the numbers they use to produceequipment, because of their up and down economy.

also Ukraine use to have the largest tank building plant for the USSR, after the fall that went away.

then you got to figure with what they had being used all over the world, mainly syria and africa, combined with the above,their military is in bad shape.

edit on 1-10-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
For decades, all we've heard is how bad-ass Russia's military is, and how dangerous Russia is to the rest of the world. Now all I hear is how impotent they are. Something is wrong with this picture.

I'm now supposed to believe that one of the most powerful countries in the world has a rag-tag military with leadership that can't plan and run a military campaign. They couldn't collect enough intelligence beforehand to know what they were up against and what they needed to do to achieve the endgame against a small country with a small military and no real armaments to speak of.

Either much of what we are hearing is war time propaganda, or Russia was never a major military threat to begin with. They've just relied on their nuclear arsenal as a deterrent for decades.

Western and Ukrainian propaganda.

Russia hasn't even started yet.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

Except they are the reports coming out of the towns liberated by Ukraine , rape ,murder and torture carried out by Russian troops.

That's just Ukrainian propaganda which of slurp up like it was the latest flavour of kool aid.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Today Ukrainian troops entered the outskirts of the strategically important city of Lyman in the recently annexed Donetsk region

I thought Pukin said yesterday that the whole of the Donetsk region was now Russia's forever.

Maybe he meant that after 24 hours it would begin to be reclaimed by Ukraine

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Ukraine was riddled with corruption so said both US sides actually. Now they have controlled corruption to help.

Know what does make corruption easier tbh?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

I guess the mass graves being investigated by the UN are just Ukrainian propaganda too.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Russia hasn't even started yet

We having been hearing that for the last 6 months.

Putin has been found out big time. The only option he has is nuclear. If he wants to face oblivion of Mother Russia that is.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I guess the mass graves being investigated by the UN are just Ukrainian propaganda too.

Graves of those killed by Ukrainians.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Just wondering Where in either of the links you provided ...

Does it State 1000s of Russian forces..

Stay Safe

Riouz

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Russia hasn't even started yet

We having been hearing that for the last 6 months.

Putin has been found out big time. The only option he has is nuclear. If he wants to face oblivion of Mother Russia that is.

No we haven't. It was clear from the start it was a minimal incursion designed to limit damage.

If putin had gone shock and awe like the west does the special operation would have been over sooner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join