It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast track NATO membership For Ukraine Like now!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Unless we want a nuclear exchange, that is. I don't.

Neither do I but as I said previously threatening an exchange is likely the best he's got , it seems to me Putin wanted a General Mobilization to help solve the problem he caused in Ukraine but as the announcement he had scheduled was postponed to the following day and then an announcement of a partial mobilization suggests to me he is getting push back from the Kremlin.

300,000 partly trained troops lacking in equipment will not achieve what he wants to achieve against a battle hardened and motivated force.

The more I see the more I believe this snake has a rattle but no fangs , I believe Putin's time is coming to an end and doubt Russia will let him take them with him.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Not true unfortunately.

Washington post article from 2000!
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   

We don't hide the locations of our land based missiles, he has always known, and never cared.

It was always 100% propaganda.

The real threat, to which russia is completely defenseless, is our sub fleet.

Gorbachev suddenly learned how defenseless russia was to American subs in Iceland, during a dangerous Reagan stunt that changed the world without firing a shot.

Nothing has changed since then, except the russian propaganda.

Every single time putin has ever mentioned missiles in Ukraine, real, imagined, or predicted, he was lying.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnInvisibleCorner

Not true unfortunately.

Washington post article from 2000!
www.washingtonpost.com...

www.theguardian.com...

You were saying?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The cancellation happened in response to russian actions, not the other way round.

What actions? Having their own military on their own soil? The cads!

I'm curious... does the UK have any of their military in the UK?

That pipeline had been completed for 5 months already, and Joe Biden declared he was going to cancel it himself a month earlier.

We live in a causal universe. Responses come after actions, not before.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I use generic pronouns a lot.

Hahahaha, that wasn't what I was referring to.

Every Russian/USSR leader since I was born has been called a "madman" by the West. Every single one. What are the chances that only insane tyrants managed to hold on to power throughout all the changes that I have seen happen in Russia, and not one single leader hasn't been insane with desire for conquest?

TheRedneck

Many dictatorship countries are like that, only the most cunning and brutal tend to rise to the top, then absolute power corrupts them to the point of madness.

Sometimes they disguise themselves well like pooh, but all are the same.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   

The cancellation happened in response to russian actions, not the other way round.

That pipeline had been completed for 5 months already, and Joe Biden declared he was going to cancel it himself a month earlier.

TheRedneck

He said the same thing even before it was completed, which is why it had never been used.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   

TheRedneck

After Russia deployed an invasion force on the border and then recognised the 2 breakaway provinces in preparation for invasion.

Or do you think Russia magiked up an invasion force in a couple of days?

edit on 1-10-2022 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2022 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Ah, an artical writen 21 years after the fact by a Brussels journalist whom doesn't look old enough to be out if diapers
When it went down...

Sound source, that!

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

300,000 partly trained troops lacking in equipment will not achieve what he wants to achieve against a battle hardened and motivated force.

Are you comparing "partly trained troops lacking in equipment" from Russia with "battle hardened and motivated" troops in Ukraine? Seriously? Ukraine is about as far from "battle hardened" as one can get... much of their "army" is made up of men conscripted as they were trying desperately to get out of the country!

The only "motivation" they likely have is to find a way to desert without getting caught.

Russia does not have the military might of the old USSR, but they do have a full-time trained military.

The more I see the more I believe this snake has a rattle but no fangs , I believe Putin's time is coming to an end and doubt Russia will let him take them with him.

I have no doubt Putin's time is coming to an end. I just am not convinced that will be a good thing. Thus far, Putin has not ordered nuclear launch codes... will his successor?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Ah, an artical writen 21 years after the fact by a Brussels journalist whom doesn't look old enough to be out if diapers
When it went down...

Sound source, that!

Did you happen to notice that he was interviewing a senior NATO official at the time?

You know, someone that was actually there.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Many dictatorship countries are like that, only the most cunning and brutal tend to rise to the top, then absolute power corrupts them to the point of madness.

We're talking about the USSR, then Russia, then a transition to capitalism, then several reincarnations until we got to Putin today. Not just one lineage of one country.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   

When it went down...

Sound source, that!

Quoting the guy who was NATO general secretary at the time.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   

We'll have to agree to disagree.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:41 AM
link   

After Russia deployed an invasion force on the border

Were they in Russia or were they in Ukraine?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   

After Russia deployed an invasion force on the border

Were they in Russia or were they in Ukraine?

TheRedneck

Did Putin invade?

If so it shows the concerns were 100% correct.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   

We're talking about the USSR, then Russia, then a transition to capitalism, then several reincarnations until we got to Putin today. Not just one lineage of one country.

TheRedneck

putin is kgb.

They still haven't broken free from the dictatorship cycle, they just dressed it up a little.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Ukraine is about as far from "battle hardened" as one can get

The events of the last 7 months would seem to disagree with that statement , Ukrainian troops are fighting for their homeland but Russian troops are fighting for ....?

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Did Putin invade?

On February 22, 2022, no, he did not.

I repeat, on February 22, 2022, were the Russian forces in Russia or Ukraine?

It's not a hard question.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Sorry my mistake...

I'm fully aware generals are selected becasuse they have no preexisting biases and are really good guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join