It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast track NATO membership For Ukraine Like now!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I didn't say that.

No, you didn't.

If I stick my head in a deep fryer, does it matter if I wanted to kill myself? The result would be the same.

If you support Ukraine becoming part of NATO, you support nuclear war. It's that simple. You don't have to say the words.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

No, there were actual missiles involved in cuba, Ukraine only ever had the imaginary missiles in putin's deranged mind.

Not now. But if Ukraine joins NATO, there will be.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AnInvisibleCorner

He wasn't 'told no'.

He didn't want to meet the membership requirements - like no land grabbing neighbor invading.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ScepticScot

There is no single nuclear warhead that could do that.

The bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima was a firecracker compared to what is out there now.

Believe what you want, but it's not scifi. Not everyone would die in the blast, but those who were left would die within a few weeks of agony from the radiation. Not years; weeks. There would be no survivors.

TheRedneck

Yes modern nuclear weapons are far more powerful, but even the biggest nuclear weapon ever built wouldn't do the damage you described.

Again nuclear weapons are horrific and even a handful used on the UK would effectively end the UK as a nation, exaggerations about their power are not required.

link   

No, there were actual missiles involved in cuba, Ukraine only ever had the imaginary missiles in putin's deranged mind.

Not now. But if Ukraine joins NATO, there will be.

TheRedneck

Perhaps, missiles are not located in all NATO countries, and there really wouldn't be any good reason to put them in Ukraine.

link   

Who is "he"?

Putin wasn't in power then. Must have been another madman... seems everyone Russia puts in power gets that label.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Believe as you will.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I didn't say that.

No, you didn't.

If I stick my head in a deep fryer, does it matter if I wanted to kill myself? The result would be the same.

If you support Ukraine becoming part of NATO, you support nuclear war. It's that simple. You don't have to say the words.

TheRedneck

Not an exact analogy.

This is someone saying that they will stick both you and their head in a deep fat fryer if you don't stick your hand in the fryer.

At somepoint it becomes less risky to call their bluff.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

But I don't support Ukraine becoming part of NATO , I said as much in the other thread on this topic.

Another thing I don't do is cower when someone makes threats that they likely can't achieve , within the Kremlin there must be disquiet over the course Putin is putting Russia on given his failure over the last 7 months in Ukraine , I doubt he has the power left to order Armageddon if he didn't have the power to order a General Mobilization.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Who is "he"?

Putin wasn't in power then. Must have been another madman... seems everyone Russia puts in power gets that label.

TheRedneck

I think Xcath did a great well documented write up on this in the Update thread, around May I think.

I use generic pronouns a lot.

Did I mention that I'm lazy?

I'm lazy.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Perhaps, missiles are not located in all NATO countries, and there really wouldn't be any good reason to put them in Ukraine.

Vladimir Putin seems to disagree.

Does it really matter what you or I think?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   

NATO was originally designed to combat two forces: Germany and the USSR. After the USSR dissolved, Germany was accepted into NATO. Russia was not. That leaves one purpose of NATO: to fight Russia.

I think you have got your history wrong.

Germany (or West Germany at the time) joined in 1955. Nato was formed in 1949. Russia has never been formally invited to join NATO, but Putin apparently said he was interested in 2000. That said, NATO has had a variety of agreements with Russia, such as the Partnership for Peace, but I expect most of these agreements are now dead.

It is often said that the North Atlantic Treaty Organization was founded in response to the threat posed by the Soviet Union. This is only partially true. In fact, the Alliance’s creation was part of a broader effort to serve three purposes: deterring Soviet expansionism, forbidding the revival of nationalist militarism in Europe through a strong North American presence on the continent, and encouraging European political integration.

Source is NATO itself

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I don't support Ukraine becoming part of NATO

Good, neither do I.

Another thing I don't do is cower when someone makes threats that they likely can't achieve

There's a big difference between "cowering" and being realistic. I don't tend to run from critters either. But if I come across a black bear momma and cub, I also don't kick the cub.

The West has been poking that Russian bear since February. Maybe it's about time we stopped poking it? Unless we want a nuclear exchange, that is. I don't.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Vladimir Putin seems to disagree.

Does it really matter what you or I think?

TheRedneck

He knows EXACTLY where our land based missiles are.

Always has.

putin has always been lying about this, and this predated any suspicions about his sanity by many years.

But no, right now it matters most what the madman making nuke threats 'believes', or wants us to 'think' he believes.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I don't support Ukraine becoming part of NATO

Good, neither do I.

Another thing I don't do is cower when someone makes threats that they likely can't achieve

There's a big difference between "cowering" and being realistic. I don't tend to run from critters either. But if I come across a black bear momma and cub, I also don't kick the cub.

The West has been poking that Russian bear since February. Maybe it's about time we stopped poking it? Unless we want a nuclear exchange, that is. I don't.

TheRedneck

February being when Putin invaded Ukraine.

After lying for months about his intent to do so.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I use generic pronouns a lot.

Hahahaha, that wasn't what I was referring to.

Every Russian/USSR leader since I was born has been called a "madman" by the West. Every single one. What are the chances that only insane tyrants managed to hold on to power throughout all the changes that I have seen happen in Russia, and not one single leader hasn't been insane with desire for conquest?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   

He knows EXACTLY where our land based missiles are.

Probably. If he doesn't know now, he will soon.

But no, right now it matters most what the madman making nuke threats 'believes', or wants us to 'think' he believes.

That's my point. If Ukraine becomes a NATO member, that sends a signal to Putin that they intend to place missiles on the Russian border. He will respond to that threat, whether we believe it's a threat or not.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:06 AM
link   

February is also when Germany cancelled the Nord Stream 2 pipeline. Two days before the invasion.

But I'm sure that was just a coincidence.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:11 AM
link   

February is also when Germany cancelled the Nord Stream 2 pipeline. Two days before the invasion.

But I'm sure that was just a coincidence.

TheRedneck

The cancellation happened in response to russian actions, not the other way round.

www.reuters.com...

edit on 1-10-2022 by ScepticScot because: First link broken.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Not gorby or yeltsin.

Though yeltsin was certainly called some other things.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join