It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft is legally a licensed gun dealer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Was browsing the list of FFLs in my state and sure enough, One Microsoft Way in Redmond is prominently on the list. Assumed it was some mistake so downloaded the current FFL registry for Washington State and there they were, Microsoft is smack in the middle.

They probably have good reason with projects like HoloLens that hope to bring augmented reality to the battlefield. Still, was a shock to see.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientBunnySuit

I am sure they are. They can buy and receive firearms for their security army.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I am sure they are. They can buy and receive firearms for their security army.

That and I believe they work with GE on software for chain guns and gatling guns outfitted on naval vessels and aircraft

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   

oh no now armed microsoft support tech agents will bust down our doors and force us to download their new operating systems, or looking for bootleg copies.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

oh no now armed microsoft support tech agents will bust down our doors and force us to download their new operating systems, or looking for bootleg copies.

hey man can you buy me some sake

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

I swear I'm just holding those Office keys for a friend!"

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Ah now I understand what they messed up with WIN8. They were kind of producing blanks. Lot's of flash & bang but can't drive a projectile down the barrel reliable.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The guards associated with them can use full auto weapons? Might be a reason to pay that yearly fee.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Do they still have tech support in the west? I thought it was all outsourced to India now.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

that's even worse, foreign tech support agents on U.S. soil doing microsoft enforcement duties.

edit on 30-9-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I hope not. I use Windows 11 on my work computer and don't like it. I'm trying to stick with Windows 10 and Linux as long as possible.

Your sarcasm isn't lost on me, but the imagery you presented was terrifying.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Microsoft have their own private army, so it makes sense they have a licence to trade in firearms.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeTheGoddess
Microsoft have their own private army, so it makes sense they have a licence to trade in firearms.
They outsource their security to a private firm and I don't recall their guards ever carrying anything more robust than pepper spray on campus. Their private campus security vehicles were the first I'd ever seen with automated license plate readers though. The local Redmond PD is extraordinarily well funded though.

top topics

join