It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine wants in response fast track NATO membership - yay or nay-

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Annee

" I'm pro moving forward to a Global understanding and unity of all countries."

So , you are for a Global Governance over ALL Nations then ? Not going to EVER Happen . Freedom ALWAYS Trumps Slavery Dear.........

AGAIN -- it is the natural progression.

How it's done is what's vitally important.

Dismissing it is stupid.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

So , you are for a Global Governance over ALL Nations then ? Not going to EVER Happen . Freedom ALWAYS Trumps Slavery Dear.........

Dismissing it is stupid.

Unity of all countries.... does that mean open borders?

I am against NATO membership for Ukraine.
edit on 2-10-2022 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I agree with you on 'global unity'.

I agree with Zanti on 'global governance'.

They aren't necessarily the same thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

I was more going with the Ukrainian government buildings that were attacked by "separatists" led by Russian soldiers.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

I was more going with the Ukrainian government buildings that were attacked by "separatists" led by Russian soldiers.

Also a correct response, I used the imaginary bus answer to remind folks that putin has long been a foreigner to reality.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Dismissing it is stupid.

There are over 7,000 languages spoken on Earth and just as many cultures. Unifying anything with a disparity like that is like herding cats. It can't be done and shouldn't be done. That's what George Soros would like - with him and his minions in charge.

Countries can cooperate with each other. They shouldn't try to incorporate one culture into another. Russia used a poor excuse to invade Ukraine. Similarity of culture is not the same as being exactly like another culture.

The regions in the eastern part of Ukraine were already autonomous and more "Russian". Zelensky et al should have allowed them to be Russian if that's what they really wanted. But did they? No one really knows because everything is covered in fraud.

The United States is falling apart at the seams because of "multiculturalism". Borders are open, drugs are rampant, children getting sex change operations.

Forget about country unity. Think about self preservation.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

"Zelensky et al should have allowed them to be Russian if that's what they really wanted"

Perhaps because russia invaded in 2014 and never left?

Ukraine has a right to defend itself from foreign invasions.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

a reply to: M5xaz

What prompted the original anti-terrorist operations in Donbass in 2014?

Russian language and schooling was being banned. People revolted. What did you expect ?

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Russian language and schooling was being banned. People revolted. What did you expect ?

Why make stuff up?

First of all, what languages another country chooses to use is none of russia's business.

But you're russian propaganda claim also isn't true:

From wiki: A 2012 law, called the law "On the principles of the State language policy" gave the status of regional language to Russian and other minority languages. It allowed the use of minority languages in courts, schools and other government institutions in areas of Ukraine where the national minorities exceed 10% of the population

russia invaded in 2014 and never left.

Ukraine is allowed to defend itself from foreign invasion.

And also to choose what languages to officially recognize.

How many languages does russia offer in it's schools and courts?

edit on 2-10-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

Dismissing it is stupid.

There are over 7,000 languages spoken on Earth and just as many cultures. Unifying anything with a disparity like that is like herding cats. It can't be done and shouldn't be done.

You think I am unaware.

One language dies every 14 days.By the next century nearly half of the roughly 7,000 languages spoken on Earth will likely disappear, as communities abandon native tongues in favor of English, Mandarin, or Spanish. What is lost when a language goes silent?

One of my favorite pictures.

I didn't give a timeline. I'm reiterating HOW. How to do it right. It's stupid to turn a blind eye.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel

Never gonna happen. There's a reason why NATO won't even consider countries that are experiencing instability, let alone a full blown war.

The best they'll probably get is an agreement that if Russia deploys WMDs then NATO will join the fray.

I know you're usually right.

I just can't live with the scenario of letting the bully win. Cuz, it's who's next.

Yes -- this one is definitely feelz.

The Bully? Poroshenko and the Stepan Bandera worshipping Nationlist nazis of western Ukraine and Azov are the original bullies in this entire war and if you think definitely you have no idea what's really gone on

Every country has it's Nazis.

Not every country invades their neighbor.

RUSSIA INVADED UKRAINE ---- UKRAINE DID NOT INVADE RUSSIA

Ya not every country has Nazis in their government

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

originally posted by: M5xaz

Why make stuff up?

First of all, what languages another country chooses to use is none of russia's business.

But you're russian propaganda claim also isn't true:

From wiki: A 2012 law, called the law "On the principles of the State language policy" gave the status of regional language to Russian and other minority languages. It allowed the use of minority languages in courts, schools and other government institutions in areas of Ukraine where the national minorities exceed 10% of the population

russia invaded in 2014 and never left.

Ukraine is allowed to defend itself from foreign invasion.

And also to choose what languages to officially recognize.

How many languages does russia offer in it's schools and courts?

Your quoting a law from 2012. You are literally quoting a law that the Viktor Yanukovych government put in place, who was a FAIR government to everyone and favored the Russian speakers rights. You literally quoted an old law that the "pro Russian" government put in place to call somebody out on, HOW IRONIC 😂🙄Everything changed in 2014 when the coup happened. Ukraine wasnt even allowing school to be taught in the Russian language even in communities where every single person spoke Russian. Any schooling past grade 3 could only be taught in Ukrainian. That would be like Canada telling French communities in Quebec that it's illegal to teach school in French, from now on its English only. These French communities tell the government "but nobody here speaks english" and the government says "tough, that's your problem." That's just ONE thing that Ukraine was changing to these Russian speaking regions, of course they want to separate and govern themselves when people who literally Hate them are now telling them how their children will be taught.
edit on 2-10-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: Typo

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

That's what russian propaganda said at the time, but russian propaganda was just as fake then as it is now.

That was the last significant law on 'language' before russia did land grabbing invasion #1 over those imaginary busses full of imaginary russians.

Also - it's none of russia's business what languages another country chooses to recognize.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Also - it's none of russia's business what languages another country chooses to recognize.

That is very true...

BUT it is the business of the people that have lived there for 100s of years and have used that language on that land for 100s of years. This is the whole point of them separating.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   

That's what russian propaganda said at the time, but russian propaganda was just as fake then as it is now.

Ya you think so?

Look into it more and you will find that it is indeed true that the Poroshenko government put in a new law that Russian couldn't be used to teach past grade 3.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Evidence?

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel

That is very true...

BUT it is the business of the people that have lived there for 100s of years and have used that language on that land for 100s of years. This is the whole point of them separating.

Of course it was.

Until russia invaded.

Then it no longer mattered at all.

Because Ukraine is allowed to defend itself from foreign invasions.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Have any EVIDENCE of those imaginary laws?

Pro tip: russian propaganda is not 'evidence'.

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Have any EVIDENCE of those imaginary laws?

Pro tip: russian propaganda is not 'evidence'.

Look into it yourself I'm watching the game at the bar RN it is indeed true I've posted it before

posted on Oct, 2 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I'll wait.

Enjoy the game.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join