It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody help me out...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I swear, if I hear someone say "Occam's Razor" one more time I will slap it right out of their mouth...

When it comes to just about everything going on in the world today, (stolen elections, Chinese spies, Covid, blown up pipelines, deadly vaccines, world depopulation, food supplies being destroyed, etc.,) there are those who wish to remain "Uber-Rational" in their approach to what is happening.

"Circumstantial evidence" is the clarion call of everyone who wishes to view the current condition of the world as a black and white, neatly package series of total coincidences. Honestly, I would concur if it were one or two, or five pieces of circumstantial evidence, but when the number of pieces of evidence becomes a mountain of circumstantial evidence, it would seem to me that one might want to examine their worldview, and maybe revise it a bit.

Many of these people I deal with, in person, and on internet forums just absolutely refuse to consider anything outside the norm. They ALWAYS will give .gov, .mil, .(insert alphabet agency here) the benefit of the doubt, regardless of how many of these "conspiracy theories" end up being conspiracy fact. I don't get it.

I suppose that the term "conspiracy theorist" in some minds is right up there with bigot, and racist, and maybe even worse because the general representation of such people, and I have been accused of being one myself, is that they are weirdos who can't hold a job, living on disability, and occupying their mother's basement. My own personal view is that such people have placed such high value on intellect and "rationality" that they will not even consider alternative view points. So in their irrational fear of appearing irrational, they become irrational in that they could see under oath testimony, unredacted documents, and any other kind of solid evidence one would hope to provide to change someone's mind, and still refuse to believe it.

Conspiracy theorists are mentally ill? I would submit that to deny what is right in front of your face for the sake of staying in your well ordered, cozy worldview is a form of mental illness.

My question is: Why are people so terrified to admit that something is really, really wrong with this picture??

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxxAction

"Occams Razor"

Funny thing about being a CT, Occams Razor still applies, just takes a little time.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   

My question is: Why are people so terrified to admit that something is really, really wrong with this picture??

It would require them taking a mental sourney out of their 'safe space' and the current generation hasn't been taught how to deal with difficult problems. They expect a participation prize sans any effort, especially critical thinking.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Apparently it's human nature to prefer sweet nothings.

Look at our collective history.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The interesting thing about this topic is you can literally flip it on its side and say the same things yet apply it to the opposing view.

My question is: Why are CT's so terrified to admit that not everything is a conspiracy?

For example , ATS currently has a thread around weird or disconcerting moans being heard during a flight. The OP of that thread basically said it could only be caused by 2 things, ghosts or system was hacked. They ignored the most likely or realistic reasons in favor of going right to the conspiracy approved reasons.

Being analytical , being driven by facts as they are reported, being methodical should not be viewed as a bad thing for those that lean that way. Similar to how those that go more conspiracy driven for everything should not automatically be labeled as crazy.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   

"My question is: Why are people so terrified to admit that something is really, really wrong with this picture??"

Because maybe its you, and there isnt anthing wrong with the picture: to them. Just like you?

Youve just discovered the meaning of "opinion". Everyone has one.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I am not one who believes that everything is a conspiracy...

But common sense has to be applied at some point. Take Covid as an example.

We have been lied to about pretty much everything.

Fake deaths.
Fake numbers.
Fake studies.
Doctors faking Covid on TV.
Fake Nurses faking PTSD.
Fake critiques of effective medication.
Fake treatment models.
Fake tests.
Fake pictures of fake overflowing covid wards.

Vaccine companies wanting to hide the safety data for 75 years.
Elites paying to fake their vaccine status.
Putting infected and contagious individuals in amongst the most vulnerable populations, nursing homes.
Pharma, Bill Gates Et. al. Throwing billions at social media to push a narrative and squelch dissent.

I mean, even to those who wish to view themselves as intellectual and "rational" at some point you have to take a harder look. If one does, about the only thing one can conclude is that nothing about covid is as we have been told. Many of these people STILL, even when faced with hard evidence of everything I listed above, which is really a fraction of the evidence, refuse to consider that this was all a giant psyop to control and demoralize the population of the world.

How can that be?

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You have to remember there are people from the government on this site. Their job is to frustrate the hell out of you and to try to get you to say things you shouldn't say.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Lots of professional political PR Firms use common diversions like "Occam's Razor". And, The "Razor" may have 2 sided double blades 😀

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Conspiracy theorists are mentally ill? I would submit that to deny what is right in front of your face for the sake of staying in your well ordered, cozy worldview is a form of mental illness.

Being well adapted to a sick society is no indicator of mental health, quite the contrary...

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   

People say "Conspiracy Theorist" I say "Critical Thinker". Don't get me wrong though, like with everything else you still have the wild cards.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I am right there with you.

The truth is that there is mis and dis information at every turn anymore, from both sides. You have people posting fake studies to medical journals, and people posting videos online claiming things without even circumstantial evidence to back them up. What that does is muddy the waters to make it nearly impossible to discern, without extreme scrutiny, what the H3!! is really going on. This is both by design and coincidental.

What I try to do is keep a cool head, and just talk about my worldview with anyone willing to listen. If they seem interested, lead them down some rabbit holes and let them come to the truth themselves. If they aren't interested enough to care, or straight out call you crazy, so be it. You tried.

Finally, please, for the love of god, don't do anything drastic.That is what TBTB want you to do. That way they have one less roadblock, and one less "Useless eater" to deal with. Make them fight at your level, with truth and evidence.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Most people don't wish to stick out. Most go with the crowd. Most believe they are smart to do what they are told by The Man, and/or smug money-centric know-it-alls wearing white lab coats with degrees from respected temples of programming. Why think things through. Its assumed big mouths of position and prominence are smarter and have thought everything through. There are many who fancy themselves as deep thinkers but I've watched how deep some of those thinkers are into denial. Can you image. All you've aspired to being part of an illusion?

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Laugh-off and utter "conspiracy theory/theorist" at anyone who dare question what is going on. It's an immediate get-out-of-jail-free card to the points being presented or the audience at large. Society HAS been conditioned this way. From person to person its always a very similar, programmed response. It's immediate dismissal.

COVID for me has been a FANTASTIC FILTER.

Its revealed who has common sense, critical thinking or the ability to think outside of the box. Its revealed who submits to the media, social media and the manager affixed to a desktop, a wall or held in the palm of ones hand.
edit on 30-9-2022 by BiffTannen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Do you think anyone in 1930's Europe really thought about what was going on, about the power struggles and the takeovers and the evictions of people, until it was much too late?
Did those people in Poland know that Germany was going to invade them from one side, and the Soviet Union from the other side?
Was anyone in Europe really aware?
I wonder if they had any idea that World War II was imminent, and that millions would perish battling for world freedom for years.
The laziness of today and the lack of gratitude for what we have, and the refusal to look at reality is just mind-numbing.
We are living in very dangerous times.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

No need to worry...

no plans for violence unless it's brought to me.

I totally agree with you though that a lot of what is going on now is to attempt to light that fuse so they can enforce their totalitarian wet dream. I'm gonna trust the Almighty to deal with them, I just want to try to open some eyes so that so many of us can stop hating on each other and point our anger where it belongs.

Many are missing that if we are so busy fighting amongst ourselves we miss that the ground on which we all stand is being shaken apart beneath our feet. The continued creep of our government, and it's appendages towards doing whatever they want with impunity is the biggest existential danger this country has faced since it's founding. When people doggedly refuse to believe or even consider that their government has now completely departed the guidelines of it's charter and is racing headlong towards totalitarianism, they are more or less running cover for such operations.

Regardless of where you are on politics, religion, race, creed, color, or social standing, (besides the lunatic fringe) I guarantee you that people in all parts of this country and from all stations in life have a lot more in common with each other than we do with the psychos who are putting forth so much effort in keeping us divided for their benefit.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Being analytical , being driven by facts as they are reported, being methodical should not be viewed as a bad thing for those that lean that way. Similar to how those that go more conspiracy driven for everything should not automatically be labeled as crazy.

I agree...

That is one of the things that puzzles me most about this phenomenon. From the start of covid up until this day, well respected scientists, researchers, doctors, and public policy big wigs who were, up until covid, considered the tops in their fields, well respected, highly published and cited, now being called "crazy conspiracy theorists" because they were sounding alarms. This by seemingly smart and "rational" people who are all about "facts" and "truth." It's almost a perfect illustration of the term "knee jerk reaction."

There is a guy on another forum I have been debating with since the start of Covid. He just keeps telling me over and over: "Show me the studies, science, and paper trail that shows covid was intentional." It should stand to reason that if the people who set this bomb off are in control of every apparatus by which such a thing could be proven, such proof will not be forthcoming. Maybe at some future point in time when we have people in the DOJ, etc, etc, who aren't sold out, we will find the answers and truths that we seek.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If people would just stick to the definition of conspiracy it would be easier.
The media and their yellow journalism have pissed in the water.

The conspiracy definition for most of us is

IF TWO OR MORE PEOPLE COLLUDE TOGETHER = CONSPIRACY. (I say it doesn't mean bad things are happening automatically)

Or in other words

If you are talking about doing ANYTHING at all with another person that is CONSPIRING. I could be for something nice to happen.

The conspirers are evidently conspirators even if they are conspiring to make a birthday cake and have a BD party.

Facts require THEORIES to be able to explain how the facts came to exist.

I hope that makes sense to most all of you.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Their absolute need to control us and stay in power is sickening.
Starting to wonder where all this is heading.
And to just vote with blinders on is ridiculous, I am hopeful for 2024!

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxxAction

There is a guy on another forum I have been debating with since the start of Covid. He just keeps telling me over and over: "Show me the studies, science, and paper trail that shows covid was intentional." It should stand to reason that if the people who set this bomb off are in control of every apparatus by which such a thing could be proven, such proof will not be forthcoming. Maybe at some future point in time when we have people in the DOJ, etc, etc, who aren't sold out, we will find the answers and truths that we seek.

You are so right, and I would love to know why the 'virus' has not been fully investigated as to exactly what happened. I have read bits and pieces, but never anything substantial, or definite.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Katatonik

I agree with you on that one.

The term conspiracy theorist was created on the assassination of John F. Kennedy. It was a psyops intending to shut down any rational thought process before it can start. Don’t ask questions, don’t use critical thinking, don’t look into what we are doing. Stop right there! Rational thinking is strictly forbidden.

When ever I hear the term ‘Conspiracy theory’, I know exactly what that really means. It means, its time for looking into this thing even deeper. Because somebody, somewhere doesn’t want you to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join