It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 86
<< 83  84  85   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Good for you, people around here are quite clever so very unlikely to validate anything you say.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: Quadrivium

Where is government offering assistance, e.g. subsidized childcare? Where is government spending dollars to make the father accountable, garnishing wages? Non-existent! It all falls on the woman no matter her state of mind, body or spirit. Where is societal responsibility? A phrase keeps coming to my mind "It takes a village to raise a child" yet here everyone would force that great responsibility on women who have no assistance from 'the village'.

Again, where is the personal responsibility?
Did it take a village to make the choice to engage in the act of reproduction?
No.
Programs are there.
Here in US, the government actually pays lower income women NOT to have the "babies daddy" in the picture.
You keep talking about the government but fail to realize the government is the main problem.
Off topic but it reminds me of a phrase of my own:
"The government has the Anti-Midas touch, instead of gold, everything it touches turns to crap"- me.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Where is government offering assistance, e.g. subsidized childcare? Where is government spending dollars to make the father accountable, garnishing wages? Non-existent! It all falls on the woman no matter her state of mind, body or spirit. Where is societal responsibility? A phrase keeps coming to my mind "It takes a village to raise a child" yet here everyone would force that great responsibility on women who have no assistance from 'the village'.

Just a few:
freefinancialhelp.net...

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

Just a few:
freefinancialhelp.net...

Have you ever done this?

Applied -- gone through the program?

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Just a few:
freefinancialhelp.net...

Have you ever done this?

Several, why?

Edit: No, not me. My wife did it for us.
edit on 9-12-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Just a few:
freefinancialhelp.net...

Have you ever done this?

Several, why?

Several?

Like what?

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Just a few:
freefinancialhelp.net...

Have you ever done this?

Several, why?

Several?

Like what?

Oh yay!!
I get to go into the backstory some!
Back in 1995 the wife and I were expecting our first child.
I was making $7.25/hr and she was making $9.75/hr.
We decided that she would stay home and raise our child until he started school.
We talked about WIC, but being prideful, I told her no. I would just work more Overtime.
She applied for it anyway without telling me.
I went to the grocery store with her on my day off and they rang up the case of formula she had in the buggy, I almost had a coronary then and there over the price! ..... until she pulled out the vouchers. We got WIC with each of our three boys.
It was a life saver.
Fast forward to 2004. I was doing some work to the house and fell off a ladder. Broke my clavicle and had a severe contusion to the left side of my head. I was out of work for 3 months and we went through the little savings we had.
Eight months later I was in a head on collision , on my way to work and broke my neck.
I was out of work for 4 more months.
The wife applied for Food stamps and we were getting like $400 a month.
She also applied for free/reduced lunch for the boys while they were in school.

So, again, Why?

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I hope you're feeling better these days.

The programs are really good for food and medical for kids.

Housing though -- not so much. Homeless is a big issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85   >>

join