It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So first I just want to say this is my very first thread!
Ive been a long time reader of ATS but never posted or commented until the last few days.

Now i thought i would start off with a perhaps rather controversial question...

Why do people think Abortions are so bad?
I suppose this question is mainly aimed at the American people as over here in the UK (Wales) no one seems to give a rat ass about it.
Ive tried asking the question on various message boards/youtube comments etc but noone ever seems to reply.

No right or wrong answers of course just want to see peoples thoughts!

+26 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Tipulatedone

It's murder of an unborn human being. A unique human with their own genetics, brain, thoughts, feelings and emotions.

I'm in the UK, i give a rats ass however it's not my job to judge, i'll leave that to God.

edit on 30/9/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Abortion, in 99% of cases, is the premeditated killing of another human being.
Each and every human being starts their life cycle in the womb.
This individual will continue to change from the point of conception until the day they die.
From Conception, through birth, through the toddler years, through adolescence, through adulthood and through their senior years, it is the same human being.

My Question to you, Tipulatedone:
If you would not kill a toddler, a teen or an adult, why would you kill a human being in the womb? They are the same individual human being, regardless.
Quad

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Firstly: It's a social justice gimmick to motivate undecided or lethargic voters.

Secondly:

originally posted by: Quadrivium
Abortion, in 99% of cases, is the premeditated killing of another human being.
Each and every human being starts their life cycle in the womb.
This individual will continue to change from the point of conception until the day they die.
From Conception, through birth, through the toddler years, through adolescence, through adulthood and through their senior years, it is the same human being.

My Question to you, Tipulatedone:
If you would not kill a toddler, a teen or an adult, why would you kill a human being in the womb? They are the same individual human being, regardless.
Quad

Then why doesn't the state issue conception certificates instead of birth certificates?

And thirdly:

Congrats and welcome to the forums!

edit on 30-9-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tipulatedone
Ive been a long time reader of ATS but never posted or commented until the last few days.

Now i thought i would start off with a perhaps rather controversial question...

Why do people think Abortions are so bad?
I suppose this question is mainly aimed at the American people as over here in the UK (Wales) no one seems to give a rat ass about it.
Ive tried asking the question on various message boards/youtube comments etc but noone ever seems to reply.

No right or wrong answers of course just want to see peoples thoughts!

Fundamental Christians. That is the #1 reason.

Dominionism Rising
A Theocratic Movement Hiding in Plain Sight

Dominionism is the theocratic idea that regardless of theological view, means, or timetable, Christians are called by God to exercise dominion over every aspect of society by taking control of political and cultural institutions.

politicalresearch.org...

edit on 30-9-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Just ask anyone who supports abortion if they are willing to be aborted right then and there after interviewing them.

When they say a loud and resounding "NO" it totally negates all their prior arguments that supports abortion.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm not Christian. You can have a moral compass without ascribing to religion.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

I'm not Christian. You can have a moral compass without ascribing to religion.

It is the #1 reason.

Did I say every Christian or non-Christians? NO - I did not.

edit on 30-9-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Do you need the state to validate existence? Many people in this world don't have a birth certificate, should they not have any right to life?

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

From your..uh...source:

Mission
Political Research Associates (PRA) is a social justice research and strategy center devoted to supporting organizations, civic leaders, journalists, and social sectors that are building a more just and inclusive democratic society. We provide change-makers with strategic insights and actionable research in order to identify, disrupt, and compete with movements and institutions that undermine democracy, justice, and human rights.

And their opinions on "Christian Dominionism" should matter to anyone why exactly?

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

From your..uh...source:

Mission
Political Research Associates (PRA) is a social justice research and strategy center devoted to supporting organizations, civic leaders, journalists, and social sectors that are building a more just and inclusive democratic society. We provide change-makers with strategic insights and actionable research in order to identify, disrupt, and compete with movements and institutions that undermine democracy, justice, and human rights.

And their opinions on "Christian Dominionism" should matter to anyone why exactly?

Are you claiming Fundamental Christians are not the #1 reason against abortion?

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

The number one reason is compassion.

The rest of your statement doesn't even make sense in the context of our conversation.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Now it makes sense after your little edit but it's still BS.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: JinMI

From your..uh...source:

Mission

Are you claiming Fundamental Christians are not the #1 reason against abortion?

I'm claiming your source is hypocritical opinion.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Maybe in group think land where you live, the place where everyone needs to be stereotyped and pigeon holed, the place where individual thought and personal responsibility are alien concepts.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Why is ripping apart a living human being limb from limb so bad? Why is destroying a human life so bad? Why is burning a baby alive in a saline solution do bad?

You tell me.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Also in Wales and a guy,but I don't buy the idea that guys can't have an opinion on the subject-but even so the final decision should be made by the woman.
If its a matter of the womans health,or if the baby has awful health issues,or if the woman was raped-I really don't see the issue.
If its touted and used as a lazy form of contraception,and industrialised for profit in that manner-I think that is disgusting.

The other problem I have is who are doing this-I refer to Planned Parenthood whose raison detre was eugenics and to rid America of Black people through abortion/sterilisaton.They try to hide that fact now though,yet if we look at the figures we see that many more black and hispanic babies are aborted right up to today in the US.
That makes me uneasy to say the least.
Recent numbers-
www.guttmacher.org...

Anyway just my opinion,I understand the issue is not mine to decide.

edit on 30/9/2022 by Silcone Synapse because: link added

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Those body parts are really important to Science, the religion without morals.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Some people seem to enjoy imposing their way of life onto others, ultimatly I dont know why they care about what someone else does, it seems to be a power thing I guess.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
White evangelical Protestants are most opposed to abortion. Nearly three-quarters say that abortion should be against the law in all cases without exception (21%) or that it should be illegal in most cases (53%).

White evangelicals are most opposed to abortion – but majorities across Christian subgroups see gray areas
White evangelicals more likely than other Christians to say religion is very important in shaping their abortion views
Among religious groups analyzed in the survey, White evangelical Protestants are most opposed to abortion. Nearly three-quarters say that abortion should be against the law in all cases without exception (21%) or that it should be illegal in most cases (53%). White evangelicals are also far more likely than U.S. adults who identify with other religious groups to say that life begins at conception and that the fetus is thus a person with rights; 86% of White evangelicals express this view. White evangelicals are also more likely than those in other Christian groups to say their opinions on abortion are influenced by their religious beliefs.

At the other end of the spectrum, religious “nones” – U.S. adults who describe themselves, religiously, as atheists, agnostics or “nothing in particular” – are most supportive of legal abortion. Among religious “nones,” upwards of eight-in-ten say abortion should be legal in all cases with no exceptions (34%) or that it should be legal in most cases (51%). Self-described atheists are more absolutist in their opinions about abortion than any other religious group analyzed in the survey, with 53% saying abortion should be legal in all cases, no exceptions.

www.pewresearch.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join