It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tracker: Evidence of Trump’s Knowledge and Involvement in Retaining Mar-a-Lago Documents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Classified documents are not considered Presidential records which is why NARA contacted the DOJ when they found them in the boxes sent in January. So, no, Obama did not have classified records in the warehouse.

I think this is the first time NARA ever had to spend months getting records from a former President. After January, the Trump team kept asking for extensions until finally the subpoena was served. If you read the court filings, the DOJ was not allowed to search anywhere, all the requested classified material was attested to being returned by a lawyer of Mr. Trump. Also in the filing is a notation that the extra lock was requested to be added until Mr. Trump hears back from the DOJ. There was no mention that an extra lock would make it all ok.

The DOJ had information from someone close to Trump that advised he was still holding classified records. They may also have been advised that unauthorized people were handling them, or that they were moved to his unsecured office. They also subpoenad surveillance video from MAL from January through June.

The reason for the search? He refused to turn over all the classified material when required by the subpoena. He had classified documents in his office drawer and in cartons in his office. We also do not know what other info showed up from the inside man or the surveillance video.

If the man refused to turn over docs for months, then defied the subpoena by not providing all the classified docs, then mishandled them by keeping them in his office, in which there are photos of many people without that type of security clearance posing for photos in his office, why would you think asking again would do anything? A subpoena meant nothing to him.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   
That group does not know what documents he possessed there because they have not been released so how can they conclude what they did yet. The special master will assess the stuff and his opinion is what is important. I would guess there might be a few of the bunch he should not have in his possession, but time will tell, I am waiting for the official verdict. The FBI is not trustworthy to assess this stuff because they seem to be politically aligned with the Democrats pretty strongly and even though they have these documents, they have not come right out and said he should not have had them there, what I read is that they said they might be improper documents for him to have there. Carefully read the news articles and stuff from the FBI. None I have read so far has stated definitively that these things were illegal for him to have, because there has not yet been a legal judgement determined so far.

I will wait and see what happens before I form an opinion. I do not accept opinions from people who do not have the expertise to evaluate it properly or unbiased..

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: loufo

originally posted by: putnam6
All that's going on in the world and it's still Trump OMB, indict him and get it over with, or don't and get it over with.

trump is part of the anti-democratic movements that have swept many countries of the world. he is a role model for populists, fascists, demagogues, anti-democrats, christian radicals, opportunists. he has, possibly even unintentionally, channeled these already existing currents. i even believe that trump is neither a fascist nor a right-wing radical, he simply has no clear moral stance, he is an egomaniac for whom everything is just a game that he wants to win - above all he want to set the pace in everything. and in a way he is a puppet in a much bigger game. he is still relevant. sadly.

lol

The one-world government folks are angry over Italy and still pissed at Trump.

Has the FBI killed Trump yet in a fair and impartial shoot-out?

they are allergic to

God

Family
and Country.

like vampires to sunlight.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

He was the president of the United States and had unilateral power to do what he wanted with those documents, including taking them to Mara Lago. The state’s attempt to criminalize a mere document dispute is obvious, anti-Trump overreach and a sign of despotism.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453
I'm willing to admit I'm wrong when I see good evidence, but that doesn't mean I'm gullible. As I stated previously, both the FBI and NARA knew where the documents were, and the FBI had already been inside Trump's house days before the raid.

I've read all the garbage that supposedly led up to it and I believe little to none of it, because the word of anyone connected to this means little. They have no credibility left. We shall see what happens in the latest chapter of the Get Trump witch hunt. Surely after more than 6 years they finally have him, even if they have to plant the evidence themselves.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Well, the letters from NARA, the documentation from the Trump lawyers, acceptance of the subpoena, the attestation from Trumps lawyers that all classified material was returned is all available to read online and has been posted on ATS multiple times. Kash Patels video (after he was officially listed as a document handler at MAL at the end of June) has been posted and can be found online of him stating he would be "getting all the docs that were blocked from being declassified, declassified and out to the people. " I mean I guess you can choose to not believe his lawyers and lackey, but you're really reaching then.

edit on 30-9-2022 by frogs453 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

thanks for showing your work.

winner winner, chicken dinner.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Letter Reveals Obama Foundation Is Keeping Classified Docs in Abandoned Furniture Warehouse

That link is now:

Correction: NARA Kept Classified Docs in a Furniture Warehouse, Not the Obama Foundation

After further research and a statement from NARA, PJ Media determined the story was incorrect and has since been removed. We apologize to our readers for the error.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Yeah I don't think pointing out that a right wing website posted a false headline and had to correct it, is the win you think it is.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Yeah I don't think pointing out that a right wing website posted a false headline and had to correct it, is the win you think it is.

At least they admitted their mistake, which is something the left rarely does.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I don't play for 'wins' - I play for accuracy.

Some readers don't bother to follow links, they just read the head line and proceed to go off half=cocked.

I am providing a service.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

At least they admitted their mistake, which is something the left rarely does.

Yet another example of a propaganda poster projecting their own failures onto their opposition.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This guy, Mike Davis, has some impressive credentials. He seems to think that Biden has broken many laws while Trump has not. Irregardless of the source, it's the professional legal opinion of a well-known lawyer who knows the law inside the belt.

www.thegatewaypundit.com... d-theft-government-property-per-attorney-mike-davis/

Joe Biden broke the law while President Trump did not.  There is a big difference between their handling of classified material according to attorney Mike Davis.

Attorney Mike Davis, who worked under Senator Charles Grassley and Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch knows what he’s talking about on this subject.

edit on 21-1-2023 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   
You wrote,

The DOJ had information from someone close to Trump that advised he was still holding classified records. They may also have been advised that unauthorized people were handling them, or that they were moved to his unsecured office. 

Just absurd "someone close to Trump"
"They may have been advised "
All that is garbage! Same old shiit, after 6+ years you'd think people would see how terrified the establishment is of Trump.

It sounds like you've been fed a bunch of lies.
Trump was cooperating in regards to the declassified Documents he had, legally. After the GSA boxed and shipped them to his residence in Florida he told the DOJ to have at it. Kash Patel has gone on the record regarding this. Remember when he was testifying and the msm said he was turning on Trump. Lie. Everyday we learn that the msm reports & repeats lie after lie until good people, like yourself, believe the lies. Take a look back at all the claims regarding Trump since 2016. They were all lies and so is the story that he was hiding Top Secret documents.

Classified documents are not considered Presidential records which is why NARA contacted the DOJ when they found them in the boxes sent in January. So, no, Obama did not have classified records in the warehouse.

I think this is the first time NARA ever had to spend months getting records from a former President. After January, the Trump team kept asking for extensions until finally the subpoena was served. If you read the court filings, the DOJ was not allowed to search anywhere, all the requested classified material was attested to being returned by a lawyer of Mr. Trump. Also in the filing is a notation that the extra lock was requested to be added until Mr. Trump hears back from the DOJ. There was no mention that an extra lock would make it all ok.

The DOJ had information from someone close to Trump that advised he was still holding classified records. They may also have been advised that unauthorized people were handling them, or that they were moved to his unsecured office. They also subpoenad surveillance video from MAL from January through June.

The reason for the search? He refused to turn over all the classified material when required by the subpoena. He had classified documents in his office drawer and in cartons in his office. We also do not know what other info showed up from the inside man or the surveillance video.

If the man refused to turn over docs for months, then defied the subpoena by not providing all the classified docs, then mishandled them by keeping them in his office, in which there are photos of many people without that type of security clearance posing for photos in his office, why would you think asking again would do anything? A subpoena meant nothing to him.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Until the US Supreme Court rules on the President's authority about classification, this is a big nothingburger, no matter what you wish for.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

After reading the article in your opening post, I looked up the author. It's now clear why the article leans so anti-Trump.

Ryan Goodman (@rgoodlaw) is founding co-editor-in-chief of Just Security. He is the Anne and Joel Ehrenkranz Professor of Law and Co-Director of the Reiss Center on Law and Security at New York University School of Law. He served as Special Counsel to the General Counsel of the Department of Defense (2015-16).

Ryan is also a Professor of Politics and Professor of Sociology at NYU.
More at: www.justsecurity.org...

Ryan Goodman is a LIBERAL OBAMA-loving "elitist".

The entire "Just Security" organization is composed of these dangerous people: www.justsecurity.org...

An even more radical Azzhole writer at Just Security (J. William Leonard), says President Donald Trump broke the law by taking documents home, but Vice President Joe Biden did not.

Source: www.justsecurity.org...

ATS MEMBERS - ALWAYS look "behind the curtain" when articles written by "experts" are referenced. Especially those who claim to be delivering just unbiased facts, as JustSecurity.org PRETENDS to do.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Lies, lies and more lies! Anonymous sources, high level officials, someone in Trump's inner circle. These are the tools of propagandists, this is how they spew their poison.

a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is exactly why the Biden cache of Top Secret Documents found in multiple locations timeline is to be questioned.
The standard playbook, accuse Trump of what Joe Biden has done, muddy the waters.
Regarding the Trump allegations, Just because the FBI said so does not mean they have any evidence. Just because a judge signed off on a search warrant doesn't mean it was just. Everyone knew Trump had boxes packed by GSA staff and shipped to MAL.
Nobody knew Biden had top secret documents stashed around DC, in his home office and in his garage alongside his corvette. Let's not make this complicated.

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Butterfinger

How is it assuming guilt? The FBI have stated in their search warrant and affidavit that they are having violations of the Espionage Act and whether classified documents were mishandled.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Trump is the president he can declassify anything he wants. Everyone seems to memory hold this that’s how it works. a reply to: Xcalibur254

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ladies! This thread is four months old and hasn't been replied to in nearly as long. The fact that so many of you latched on to it so suddenly makes me question your botness.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join