It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or has Coca~Cola lost it's flavor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Mexican Coke is still the real deal...delicious.

Chain grocery stores in Seattle seem to have trouble keeping this in stock, but I've found that Mexican food stores and trucks almost always have it on hand for customers. The problem I have with it is the Sweetened Beverage Tax that just about doubles the cost of beverages on the government's watch list of dangerous sodas.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short
I was going to mention this also. However I haven't been able to find any in my local stores for a while now.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I have been saying this all my life. Glass wins. The scientific reason:

- Glass is sealing better, less diffusion
- Glass is colder to touch on the lips, just like cans, while plastic already feels warm. It makes a big difference.
- Glass does not release the softening agents needed for plastic

The downside is that glass needs a lot of energy to produce and transport, because it is heavier, the upside is, it can be used a lot more often than the plastic bottles. Some plastic bottles are one-way, they get crushed right after putting them back into the bottle ware return machine.

I am not sure if England has a "pfand" system, here we do.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain
Do you remember when you could return the empty bottles and get money back?
Those were the days.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
These are still the days for us here
Did they change that in your country?

We return most bottles, cans too. The ruling is a bit arbitrary though. I think if the drink has bubbles / carbonic acid inside, then you get money back for returning. There is a special symbol on the bottles / cans and we have machines that scan the barcode and then you get a recipe to add to your groceries and it's substracted from the bill. You can also just buy nothing and take the money.

Beer bottles 0-08€, the stable plastic bottles like CocaCola used is 0.25€ and cans is 0.25€ too. Some people, often homeless or pensioners make a small living on collecting them. In the town I lived before we had a homeless that made over a million € collecting these bottles and cans but kept his life. We collected beers bottles after festivals as kids, too and made a lot of pocket money doing that. Then the festival patrons introduced little plastic coins so you had to have that coin or not get any money.

So we were pissed a lot and they wanted to take the bottles without giving us cash, pulling the whool over our eyes. We just took the bags out of the festival area and they tried to keep us from doing that too. Police arrived and they let us take the bottles out but that was the last year we did that.

In the end these idiots cut themselves because now they had to hire people to do the collecting for them as they had to leave the area clean. That backfired big time lol.

edit on 28.9.2022 by TDDAgain because: € not c

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I didn't know people still drank soda.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheUniverse2
Here, a lot of people drink soda. We even have some natural soda springs!

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I never liked Coke. It leaves a chemical taste on my tongue whether it's the regular or diet stuff. I drink Diet Pepsi occasionally, and it tastes fine to me. But mostly I drink plain seltzer water. I agree that stuff all tastes better if it's in a glass bottle. Like drinking beer out of a glass bottle is better than drinking it out of an aluminum can or plastic bottle.

One thing I did notice, a long time ago when I lived in Japan. Pepsi was hard to come by, but the Coke there tasted better than anything in the United States.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

I had Covid over thanksgiving and lost taste and smell. It’s finally coming back so I figured I’d get a coke it’s been almost a year, I wasn’t thrilled with it. Not sure if my taste is still off.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

noticed that inEVERY COKE PRODUCT....
ever since they came out with NEW COKE way back in the 1980s
i used to like coke, then they ruined it with new coke,
they went back to coke classic, but now it SUCKS... cannot drink it.
everyone thought someone stole the formula
MELLO YELLO used to be SMOOTH, hence the name, but after new coke
now mello yello was TOO CRISPY TO CHUG, with the taste of soda water..
used to be my favorite ,... NOW UN DRINKABLE...

but after i got SODA STREAM, and bought REAL COKE SYRUP,
and had a fountain coke at a certain wendys, i reallized....
THOSE CHEAP PRICKS,....ALL THEM YEARS....
ALL FOR 5 CENTS WORTH OF SYRUP,..
BY NOW ITS MORE LIKE 10..
EVEN RC COLA SUCKS.... USTA BE BETTER THAN COKE...STILL IS

BUT YEAH, THEYRE DEFINITELY SKIMPING ON SYRUP,
OR ADDING MORE CARBONATION

<< 1   >>

join