It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or has Coca~Cola lost it's flavor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I've been drinking coca cola all my life, and since all this other craziness with shrinkflation and big name brands lowering quality as well as quantity, I've noticed my cokes taste flat and as if there's less syrup in them than normal.
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this? I wonder if it's the same for Pepsi. I Drank a Dr Pepper the other day, and same thing; like there's less syrup (flavor).
My thought, and reason for this rant is, I was around for the "new coke" rollout and fallout, Did coke ever announce they were changing their recipe, or did it slide by us? Because, honestly, the cokes I've been buying recently taste an awful lot like "new coke" did; flat and flavorless. Anyone hear of a recipe change, or did all these big brands just pull a fast one on us?
Last thought, I also wondered (if the recipe has been changed) will we ever get our cokes (like we have always known them to taste) back, or is that classic flavor gone forever?
edit on 27-9-2022 by AOx6179 because: Misspelled

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

Perhaps Covid did that to you....take away your taste..

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I noticed , i drink a lot of coca cola , i don't like the new taste.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Does it taste like type 2 diabeetus?

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Mexican Coke is still the real deal...delicious.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I worked a summer at US Foods as an order picker and the beverage isle in the warehouse was always sticky and tacky with the residue of frequent spills and syrup bladder punctures from forklift blades.

Being curious, I tried a finger of the Coca-cola syrup......

🤢

You wouldn't believe how utterly disgusting that tasted. BIG MISTAKE. It's amazing to me that the addition of carbonation alleviates that taste. It was horrible.

Stopped drinking sodas years ago. I just can't look at those 2 liters the same now that I'm not 12.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I hadn't drank coke in years, but I had a upset stomach one day and I knew from when I was a kid that coke helped settle it down, so I bought some.

Yeck needless to say. Thought to myself, it figures I opened a bad one to settle my stomach. Dumped it and opened another, same thing.

I don't know about the syrup part, but the taste has definitely changed no doubt about it, and its not the refreshing taste I used to know as a kid.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Here in the UK the best coke is the stuff in glass bottles.

You don't see it all that often but its by far better than cans or plastic bottles.

I couldn't say if the formula in it is different or if its the glass as opposed to plastic or metal but its the shizzle.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Yep! Have always loved coke in a glass bottle. That's definitely the best tasting coke. We use to put salty peanuts in the bottle and drink it. We loved it as kids.
Well, its good to know I'm not the only one tasting something different.

And no, no Covid ever, no, didn't drink the kool aid either...
I'm mostly a tea drinker, but enjoy a soda every so often. I may have a soda a week, really. So, I had also wondered if they had slowly changed the formula enough so that an avid come drinker may not notice it, if it changed a little at a time.
Sucks.....seems like all this is truly the end of an era. Not just the cokes, high food prices, BS politics and everything goin to hell in a hand basket, it seems like. I really wonder if the "good times" are over and done with...a reply to: nonspecific

edit on 28-9-2022 by AOx6179 because: Added content

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I have noticed that soft drinks do not taste as carbonated as they did when I was a kid. I think is a bit of two different things. They are messing with all of our stuff, and as you get older, you lose some of your taste, so things that used to seem quite powerful, isn’t any more.

I always loved soda pop in glass bottles, but it is very rare to find anymore. Too bad, the world is a-changing and it is not for the better.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Always liked Pepsi better ! Coca Cola has always tasted lame to me

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   
In blind taste tests Pepsi almost always beats Coke.

originally posted by: dollukka

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I enjoy Pepsi more inteed and glad to see the avatar you are using ( wink wink .. which i made for you )

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Is there still real sugar in coke?
Asking because almost everything has now artificial sweet in it because of the dumb sugar tax, at least in the UK.
Also, coke flavours vary on where they are made as they use local waters.
Maybe OP's coke came from a different place.
It makes a hell of a difference.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Pull all the good stuff (costly) out of a product and sell it for more .
Yeah , you may lose millions , but you do show a higher "profit margin" per each sold

This world has gone completely bat sh__ insane

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I'm pretty sure that its still real sugar in the proper coke here in the UK.

In the US its HFGS I think?

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific

I enjoy Pepsi more inteed and glad to see the avatar you are using ( wink wink .. which i made for you )

Yeah I'm taking this one to the grave.

Its the winking one that freaks people out now and again.

edit on 28/9/2022 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I've
E noticed a difference here and noticed they have changed the sugar content to less than it used to be.

It seems thinner in consistency.

Definitely not as good, same thing with Dr pepper.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think they have. Some executive probably decided to cut costs.Sure not as good as they were.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
In blind taste tests Pepsi almost always beats Coke.

Pepsi is sweeter and has always beat Coke on the blind taste tests. The issue is, because of the sweetness, someone can only drink a limited amount of Pepsi while someone can drink the less sweet Coke all day. It's the suger.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join