It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge was located from the site of the alleged sabotage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   
As Polish Right Wing, Nationalists are celebrating the sabotage of Nordstream 1.
A amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge was located 30 kilometers from the site of the alleged sabotage on the Nord Stream.

Some on twitter are reporting that the amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge was caught seen on ship monitoring sites near the area of the suspected sabotage.

This sabtaoge comes after NeoCons wanted an end to Nordstream 1 and Joe Biden had made threats.

We are getting close into a dangerous escalation with Russia.
Amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge was located from the site of the alleged sabotage on the Nord Stream

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92
That ship has a well deck that could be used to launch a mini sub.
Just saying.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Meanwhile, a prime suspect emerges:

images.app.goo.gl...

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Isn't amusing how the US gov and military/navy is spending much effort focus on their "National security interests" such as focusing on the international based order which could dangerous confrontation with Russia or China?

Instated of securing the southern borders or assisting Italy with Navy and drones preventing human traffickers from reaching their landings?

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

And who has being threatening to shut down the North streams? your heroes.

Pompeo Says U.S. Will 'Do Everything' To Stop Nord Stream 2 Project

Pompeo: U.S. will do what it can to ensure Nord Stream 2 pipeline does not threaten Europe

In the words of Mike Pompeo.

We Lie We Cheat..

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
UPDATE 3-U.S. Senate panel backs Nord Stream 2 pipeline sanctions bill

The US doesn't mind if Europe suffers without the Russian gas and oil supplies while they push Europe to get their expansive LNG.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Meanwhile, a prime suspect emerges:

images.app.goo.gl...

I don’t understand what reason Russia would have to sabotage the pipeline. If he wanted (for some reason?) to NOT sell Russian natural gas to Germany, he can just turn off the compressors and close the valves.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Makes as much sense as sending a surface ship to do the sabotage and parking it right on top of the pipelines, instead of a sub or something that wouldn’t be seen.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That bit of the sea seems quite shallow.

Wouldn't a Sub be easily detected?

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

SEAL delivery vehicles that can carry 5 divers are only 25 feet long.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Ah.

Fair enough.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   

They could stand off and launch a delivery vehicle or ROV. And “easily detectable” depends largely on if someone is looking for them. They’re over 200 feet down though. That’s not optimal depth for a sub, but isn’t exactly super shallow either.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I stand corrected!

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The average depth in the Baltic is 54 meters. I read that that section is 70 meters.

I have dived with 2 tanks of regular air down to 50 meters with no problem. 60 and below is the realm of technical divers but I know of cases where people have pushed to 80 on regular air which is stupid and dangerous because you will be experiencing narcosis.

My only point is that any team of technical divers or foolhardy divers could have pulled this off with easily acquired equipment and a boat.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
USS Kearsarge has been on baltic sea since may, Estonia, Liethuania, Sweden and Finland have been having the navy exercises with the US Navy in the Baltic Sea, so they being there is not related with this nordic stream incident.
This is just another Russian propaganda.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Dont worry about the West, worry about Russia where people are breaking each others legs to skip draft

Dudes already trying to Run the show like a late Hilter lol

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Actually they can´t "close" the valves pressure increases, it has to be released somewhere when pressure goes too high.. Russia has released that pressure of closed pipes in Russia and burnt an estimated $10m (£8.4m) worth of gas every day.

As Europe's energy costs skyrocket, Russia is burning off large amounts of natural gas, according to analysis shared with BBC News.

They say the plant, near the border with Finland, is burning an estimated $10m (£8.4m) worth of gas every day.

Experts say the gas would previously have been exported to Germany.

Germany's ambassador to the UK told BBC News that Russia was burning the gas because "they couldn't sell it elsewhere".

Scientists are concerned about the large volumes of carbon dioxide and soot it is creating, which could exacerbate the melting of Arctic ice.

The analysis by Rystad Energy indicates that around 4.34 million cubic metres of gas are being burned by the flare every day.

It is coming from a new liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant at Portovaya, north-west of St Petersburg.

LINK
edit on 27-9-2022 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
They are literally telling us who did it.

Regardless what ship was where there is about a thousand other ways this could have been done. Underwater microphones and seismographs in the area detected 2 explosions one equivalent to 100 tons of TNT. My money is on a drone sub as to keep detection low and the need to know circle small.

After all "Loose lips sink ships."
edit on 27-9-2022 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka
I live in Pennsylvania in the USA. The state is covered in wells in the Marcellus Shale reserves. Many of them have the valves closed. The gas has not been used. Nordstream 1 was down because of compressor problems. If the pressure was so high that it would blow the piping apart, there would be no need for compressors. The compressors are what provide the motive force to make the gas flow through the lines at the amount needed. No compressors mean insufficient pressure and insufficient flow.
I included compressor shutdown in my post that you replied to. If you want to research the compressor problems on Nordstream 1, Siemens is the compressor manufacturer.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   

In that area it would be harder for a sub to be detected. Shallower water near coastlines has more natural noise, making a sub harder to detect.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join