It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Ian could bring significant flooding to Florida

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Models showing it not only skirting the coast as a cat3 models show it could meander over Florida, southern Georgia and South Carolina producing a flooding threat too.

Hurricane Ian Path Tracker as Florida-Bound Storm Rapidly Strengthening

www.newsweek.com...

Florida residents have been told to brace for a "life-threatening storm surge" as Hurricane Ian hits the state on Wednesday.

Ian, which has been upgraded to a category three hurricane with maximum sustained winds of 125 miles per hour, has reached southwestern Cuba, according to the National Hurricane Center (NHC).

Florida preparing for arrival of Hurricane Ian
Residents prepare for the arrival of Hurricane Ian on September 26, 2022 in St Petersburg, Florida. The extreme weather is expected to hit the state on Wednesday.

A category three hurricane has wind speeds between 111 and 129 miles per hour, and is categorized as a "major" storm by the NHC, with "devastating damage" expected.

www.tropicaltidbits.com...

edit on 27-9-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Too bad the west coast doesn't get them.
...snipped...

Well, put it this way Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and possibly North Carolina won't have to worry about drought conditions as much.

This GFS model doesn't have it leaving Florida completely til Saturday

edit on Tue Sep 27 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The news is reporting that some areas of Florida may have 2 feet of rain, that would be devastating.
I do feel for them, here in NJ we've been slammed by Hurricanes Floyd, Irene, Sandy and Ida, and a few floods in between.
Doesn't look good, hope this moves out quicker than they think.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

They're now saying it could potentially track south of Tampa, which is good for them. Wherever it hits though, it's looking bad.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   

All of Zone A is under a mandatory evacuation order. That generally includes islands and coastal areas such as Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel, Matlacha and Bonita Beach. A part of Zone B south of Veterans Parkway in Cape Coral is also under mandatory evacuation.

[url]https://www.news-press.com/story/weather/hurricane/2022/09/27/hurricane-ian-updates-fort-myers-storm-cape-coral-fort-myers-beach/8120548001/[/url ]
edit on 27-9-2022 by Hangontight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Great. I remember a few years ago there was only a Cat 1 off the coast of SC. It just sat there spinning dumping rain. Basically flooded everything. I hope this isn’t another repeat, coffins popping out of the ground was kinda creepy.

Edit: This totally sucks for the folks in FL. Been flooded with 30” of salt water a couple times my self from the storm surge. Turds floating down stairs with blown out walls was Not fun at all.
edit on 27-9-2022 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Great. I remember a few years ago there was only a Cat 1 off the coast of SC. It just sat there spinning dumping rain. Basically flooded everything. I hope this isn’t another repeat, coffins popping out of the ground was kinda creepy.

Thought the same thing the Congaree River flooded South Cackalack lowlands pretty well IIRC.

FWIW Jagstorm? had a vivid dream about flooding in a "triangle" state just a few days ago, they even mentioned South Carolina as a possibility.

Here's the official NHC forecast a little south of Tampa but 3-4 category hurricane at landfall, along with potentially stalling

edit on 27-9-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Climate Change kept the Atlantic tropics relatively hurricane-free this year.

Something we can be thankful for. 🙏

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Climate Change kept the Atlantic tropics relatively hurricane-free this year.

Something we can be thankful for. 🙏

Florida and Georgia both aren't in drought conditions at all, hopefully, get all reservoirs and lakes up to full pool.

Rains like these in the fall usually mean we will have a mild winter and a beautiful early spring. I can get behind that forecast.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Weather and disasters all over the world...Almost Biblical.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The weather people keep trying to make these Hurricanes follow "worst case scenarios" with the tracks, as long as they can.

But they never go back after it's over with and say, "Here's what we projected for _____, and here's the actual track ______took."

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I suppose so, even the US has had some droughts and fires, and of course the UK Europe heatwave, China Pakistan flooding, etc. Still, can it be shown as statistically proven, or are we just all collectively hyper-aware?

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I was not worried till this mornings update and it is a worst case. It is going to hit high CAT3/low CAT4 before hitting the West Coast of FL. It is then supposed to hang for 24 hours. This will be devastating. I live directly in the path as it is right now and have family who live directly on the beach in St Pete. They are already evac'd.

You will see some very bad coastal issues when this thing hits.

Water. Check. Beer. Check.Gas Grill.check. Ammo for looters. Check....we are all good here in Florida.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: olaru12

I suppose so, even the US has had some droughts and fires, and of course the UK Europe heatwave, China Pakistan flooding, etc. Still, can it be shown as statistically proven, or are we just all collectively hyper-aware?

Yes, hyper aware...with the digital age we can hear and see all the disasters everywhere, up close and personal.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I only hope that its just a bad storm and not the "storm of the century" as being reported and hyped in the news.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My father is battoning down the hatches as we speak.

I hope to get the all clear from him after this all blows over.

I hope his area isn't hit too hard.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
I was not worried till this mornings update and it is a worst case. It is going to hit high CAT3/low CAT4 before hitting the West Coast of FL. It is then supposed to hang for 24 hours. This will be devastating. I live directly in the path as it is right now and have family who live directly on the beach in St Pete. They are already evac'd.

You will see some very bad coastal issues when this thing hits.

Water. Check. Beer. Check.Gas Grill.check. Ammo for looters. Check....we are all good here in Florida.

Good deal, I really love Florida, traveled there extensively over the years now the update has Venice land fall 8 hours early

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'll be worried about all the Gators getting swepted up by flooding and swimming next to Floridians(ites?)....

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I only hope that its just a bad storm and not the "storm of the century" as being reported and hyped in the news.

It definitely gets hyped, still a lot of time over open water, a jog here a stall there

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join