It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Strange Online Encounters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
When you've been sharing the same online spaces with other people for years and years... things can get pretty weird.

I had this one online "friend," we shared the same chat space(s) for years and years. Let's call him Schmoe.

I told Schmoe everything... literally everything that I was capable of telling, I told him. And he seemed very interested in everything that I had to tell. To this day, I don't know much about Schmoe- only was that he was from another country and some kind of church youth group leader, or so he claimed.

Then one day somebody showed up in our chat space who, for lack of better words, "triggered" me, and I got really paranoid about them. Let's call them "Doe." Doe showed up and I started to get really paranoid that Doe was the man I filed a police report on.

Now tbh, I've been through periods where I was paranoid that everybody online was the man I filed a police report on, or if not the man himself then some kind of spy for him or comrade of his.... lol. So this wasn't completely out of the norm for me, personally, being the paranoid loser that I am, and I told Schmoe all about all of my paranoias about Doe, naturally, because I told Schmoe everything.

Shortly after I told Schmoe about Doe... Schmoe started to disappear from the chat more and more. Slowly, Schmoe faded into the backround, but Doe was around constantly for a long time continuing to trigger me until I learned to just put Doe on a perma ignore, which I did. Then Doe started to disappear more and more too.. until a few months later Doe started coming back and talking about how Doe and Schmoe were getting married.

Now, mind you... this is the same Schmoe that I told everything to and who I specifically told everything that I was paranoid about Doe.

It was like everything I said about Doe to Schmoe actually made Schmoe interested in Doe and made him go after Doe.

Schmoe even came back to the chat and started talking to me under a different username, I specifically asked if he was some kind of undercover cop because he was saying things that most people wouldn't know about or even understand but he wanted me to know that he knew. The other people in the chat wouldnt even understand what Schmoe said to me that made me ask if he was an undercover cop.

But then he said he was Schmoe which made sense because I told Schmoe everything... but the way in which he just did that spook thing made me think of Doe. Doe did the same type of thing which is why I was paranoid about Doe.

So it made me even more paranoid like, did I really bring these two perverts together?

Like I was the reason they found each other and were now scheming some kind of money laundering highly illegal business, and that the "marriage" that they were talking about was just another word for a business arrangement in which they both get their freak on and make some money and because Doe is from here and Schmoe is from another country, Doe gets a way to get out of the country safely and continue his illegal perversions somewhere else as a fresh start since I ruined his life here by filing the police report and now all the money he made is being questioned by the IRS and he has to get a regular job and suffer like the rest of us, idk?

I hope I am just paranoid... idk guys. I think I'm just going to write a book about everything I'm paranoid about and make it really interesting somehow, if I can ever find the motivation that is. TBH, even this seems pointless but I'm doing it because I have no other outlet atm. Cheers to online encounters!

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Well, wouldn't that actually be a good thing? Both of them gone.
I would do everything so doe moves in with shmoe.

Just because I'm not paranoid doesn't mean they're not after me for saying that...

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Now that's a great story and would make a great film or TV series; Contemporary hardcore plot, interesting plot twists, Unusual characters.....Write the book or...

We use this....

www.finaldraft.com...

The biz is crying for new exciting content.

edit on 24-9-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I am surprised that you still had contact with schmoe to tell him about doe, after you filed the police report on schmoe. Maybe I lost something in translation though. I agree with Olaru, it would make an interesting movie with all that dynamic.

Thank you for sharing this experience with us!

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Maybe Schmoe and Doe are the same person.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I never filed any police report on any chatter or online person ever, certainly not Schmoe.

I filed a police report on a man however, he was a middle school teacher.

And afterwards... I became paranoid that an online person was that man. Quoted from my OP: "Doe showed up and I started to get really paranoid that Doe was the man I filed a police report on."

Anyway thanks for reading!

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Okay then the confusion is on my side like I already expected, thank you for clarifying.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Idk... that would surprise me tbh.

But maybe.

It's possible Schmoe was the man I filed a police report on and wanted to know everything I told to the police and this was his way of finding out, pretending to be a concerned fellow human being, when really he was just trying to gauge how much trouble he might be in.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thanks man, I'll check that out. Never wrote a script before. Can't be that hard though, can it?
edit on 24-9-2022 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: olaru12

Thanks man, I'll check that out. Never wrote a script before. Can't be that hard though, can it?

No it's not that hard. Once you have your characters established, they write it for you. It's very therapeutic....

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Treat everyone online as if they may be a pedophile serial killer lunatic.

Shotgun with slugs always a good idea, I mean when is it not?

edit on 24-9-2022 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
*tsk-tsk* Women telling strange men online everything about themselves...

You sound like my ex. And a lot of women I've talked to online. They love telling things to me. But its cool, I keep secrets, partly because I have a spotty memory when women are prattling on endlessly. Im just sitting there thinking, when is she gonna shut up and show me her boobs? 🙂

Thankfully it usually doesn't take that long for me. But they still get mad at me if I didn't remember every detail.

"I just told you that yesterday!"

Yeah you told me 5,000 things yesterday. I remembered 4,000 of them I think I'm doing pretty good, thank you very much!!

So he's a church youth group leader committing Sodomy... Great. Just great.

Paranoid is a healthy state of mind. Docile and unaware are attitudes we prefer in the animals we eat. You're not looking to be prey are you?

My (other) ex had an issue with a teacher. He later was arrested in China for fiddling around with a student.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Looool.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Lol.

I'm glad that teacher was dealt with. But China?

Anyway, sharing your story isn't asking to be preyed on.

I do understand how it could look like an invitation for people to chime in and add their two cents and tell you what they think you should've done or should do etc, they always do that actually, but beyond that nobody is asking to be preyed on when they share a life experience with somebody.

Nah, I've shared with countless strangers and people, and every time I told somebody and survived, I learned that telling doesn't always lead to immediate death. Extreme as that sounds that's really what it feels like sometimes (that the telling will lead to immediate death).

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hey. I was just kidding around. You didn't do anything wrong.

top topics

join