It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

proposed law: tax companies which employ migrants at too low a wage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If a company employs people at too low a wage and in so doing, winds up passing on considerable costs to state, local and federal taxpayers, they should be taxed to make up the shortfall.

If they cannot afford to stay in business, then they shouldn't be in the line of work they are in. Because the taxpayers are essentially subsidizing the company.

There is an additional cost of increased crime and utilization of educational and emergency services which is less financially tangible but which the community has to bear.

It would serve as a real measure of whether the economy needs those workers.

If the workers are simply given the wages, some of it may wind up getting sent abroad. Perhaps they could apply an additional tax on that money rather than taxing the employer?

It sounds mean, but what was the point of the law? It was to make sure the economy needs people before they are brought here. So they don't wind up a burden on the local population in their area and on state, local, and federal tax revenue.
edit on 24-9-2022 by Solvedit because: added a sentence.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

And that's a big problem - construction is a major user of illegals, they are paid off the books, so are not paying taxes and the company is avoiding taxes on them as well.
But the problem is more complex - the illegals are having babies with women who are now put on our welfare rolls, while the father is working. They will never marry so that welfare is their living system.
I worked in a construction office and saw it all. I had no benefits and was not paid well to manage the office and do the bookkeeping, while the owners had country homes and European vacations.
I also know for a fact that the illegals were sending money back to 'their countries' every week, none of them are investing in the United States, they are busy taking from us.
Sorry to say all this, but it is the truth.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJerseySorry to say all this, but it is the truth.
Shout it from the rooftops.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I've heard that there are prison programs that give inmates an opportunity to get out in the fresh air and work farms instead of hiring migrants, and they are given a small wage to spend on commisary items as part of their rehabilitation.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Yes, these employers should be ordered to use American workers, we are the backbone of this country, after all.
And we are the taxpayers.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Well I lived in Lower Alabama (AKA the florida panhandle) and can tell you this,
They pool their resources and live 15-20 to a house, and they send all their wages back home via Western Union.

I mean good on em, they work their tails off.

I think they should have a special work visa and pay taxes. How freakin hard would that be? It aint like fat, lazy American kids are gonna pick strawberries now is it. (That was my job in H.S. btw.)

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Well I lived in Lower Alabama (AKA the florida panhandle) and can tell you this,
They pool their resources and live 15-20 to a house, and they send all their wages back home via Western Union.

I think they should have a special work visa and pay taxes. How freakin hard would that be? It aint like fat, lazy American kids are gonna pick strawberries now is it. (That was my job in H.S. btw.)

That is not going to solve the situation,
and You would not want to live next door to that, believe me - we are, and it's not pleasant.
Build The Wall, threaten companies with shutdown if they dare to hire illegals, and enforce it.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am opposed to any new taxes. The local, state, and federal government make much more on my business than I do.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

What do you want; another government regulatory agency to place even more restrictions on private companies?

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

a reply to: SolveditWell I lived in Lower Alabama (AKA the florida panhandle) and can tell you this,

The issue with living 15-20 to a house is that police and fire protection is paid for mostly through property taxes.

So you have several times more potential for crime, several times higher likelihood of setting the house on fire, for the same amount of revenue.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: SolveditWhat do you want; another government regulatory agency to place even more restrictions on private companies?
They have agencies to levy corporate taxes. Why do you think we would need a new one?

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I am opposed to any new taxes. The local, state, and federal government make much more on my business than I do.
You have roads to drive on, police and fire protection, a free nation to operate in, etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So you want governments to tax companies that hire illegal immigrants (a.k.a., migrants) to cover the cost of those illegals not paying taxes?

This is just another example of trying to solve a problem without looking at or understanding the root cause. The fix to this problem is to manage the border and don't let illegal immigrants mooch off the US taxpayer. Companies can hire legal tax paying individuals and the system works as intended.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphittiSo you want governments to tax companies that hire illegal immigrants (a.k.a., migrants) to cover the cost of those illegals not paying taxes?
Massive oversimplification. Not just illegals, and not just taxes.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

I did live next to it, in Valdosta Georgia. They never bothered me....too busy pulling 15 hour #s.

Why wont it work ....specifically please.

And who is gonna pick the crops? Your kids??? My kids? Bwahahahahha!

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Better law:

Make the corporate decision makers personally responsible for Human Trafficking and Slavery if they make use of illegals. No more slap on the wrist symbolic fines.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Maybe you should live near some of these people. They are too busy working to commit crimes. And I never once heard of them burning down a house. Hell, thats that many more people to help put it out by your logic.

And crime in the Ft Walton Beach area??????

Try white crackheads for 99% of crimes committed.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I did live next to it, in Valdosta Georgia. They never bothered me....too busy pulling 15 hour #s.

Why wont it work ....specifically please.

And who is gonna pick the crops? Your kids??? My kids? Bwahahahahha!

Well we live one Block from a 'sanctuary city' - crime is rampant, they have spilled over into our little town, having 6 and 7 kids, no one's working, all on welfare, dirty diapers just tossed out their windows, music blasting all night, huge barbecues, then toss their trash over the fence over into our yards, need I go on?
And who needs many millions of them, with thousands running into our country every day??
I specifically noted what they are up to above, you don't have to believe me, when all this enters your reality then you will understand.
We are being shoved out of where we have lived and worked our whole lives, we cannot find a new apartment because they are going to the illegals, and the crowds we are seeing are all existing on public assistance, it is a well known fact in our neighborhood that they are also receiving thousands in cash every month.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I offered a tax solution in relation to the OP. I cant help where you live. And are they illegals???? You asked them? I can see it in a sanctuary city, but nobody gives the peeps I was talking about anything. These dudes took the back road in their van to the pecan fields cuz they were missing the side door.

I can respect that kind of dedication and work ethic.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

originally posted by: LogicalGraphittiSo you want governments to tax companies that hire illegal immigrants (a.k.a., migrants) to cover the cost of those illegals not paying taxes?
Massive oversimplification. Not just illegals, and not just taxes.

How is that oversimplification? Your title includes the words "tax companies which employ migrants". Don't allow migrants and you don't have the excess tax burden. Pretty simple, I would say.

If you're talking about legal residents getting paid low, that's the way the it works in America. Always has worked that way. Wage is based on the value one brings to the job. For those who don't earn enough income to support themselves and a family, government helps by giving them food stamps, some health care and so on. That is paid by the higher wage earners.

I'm not saying there isn't something to discuss here. I just don't think you can add yet another tax for a problem that hasn't been fully explored.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join