It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medvedev: any weapon, including nuclear weapons, annexed territories

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

The land in question has been in Ukrainian hands for many years. Why was the Donetsk and Luhansk regions allowed to integrate / reintegrate into Ukraine in 2015 if its part of Russian territory? Why did it take so long for Putin to react to this "Threat" against the Motherland?

Russia hasn't failed, that implies they have given up or have been beaten. That is anything but the truth. They have had setbacks of a major variety. They are still a major player IMO.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Putin has been put in the corner in world politics by his own fault surely. From this corner he most likely feel that he has nothing more to lose and is ready to do the most horrendous acts a leader can do. He is currently in the stage that where there is no coming back. . . this makes him dangerous for whole world peace.

I agree that he is backed into a corner and was just about to make this argument in another reply. What happens when you back a wild animal into a corner? They can and probably will attack out of fear.

Some of this may be out of the global game of chess the US and its allies have been playing for years. Finding reasons to create bases closer and closer to Russia and their sphere of influence. Threatening its supply chain and its ability to operate as an autonomous entity in the Asian theater.

Taking back this small region from Ukraine is a sad thing politically for Russia. It just goes to show the world the desperation of Russia to gain back any semblance of its former USSR glory days, back when it was more free to operate on a more global level.

At least that's how i see it.
Edit: For Edits.
edit on 9/22/2022 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I mean, all this exposition and no one ever thinks 'hey, what if Putin wasn't lying about the Ukraine'....

Are we all supposed to forget what the EU's backing of NATO's Libya campaign looked like? Really?

This ALL stinks. And the battalion that was interviewed on a German news channel TODAY revealed a lovely Swastika on the side of a tank - seems to pop up a lot that doesn't it.

Add this to Zelenskies remarks about being the new Jeruselam. Add to that the scores of independent journalists talking about those very Nazis war crimes against their OWN people and this RUSSIA BAD UKRAINE GOOD narrative starts to crumble.

When the entire western media agree on something you KNOW not to trust them. Russia was expressly mentioned in the PNAC document detailing the 'new world order'.

I'm not saying Putin is a good guy, but Zelensky has a LOT to answer for. As does America for fomenting the uprisings in the Ukraine to begin with, their lovely colour revolution.

We can't afford to be ignorant of all this when examining the 'war'.

NATO are getting precisely what they wanted, abetted by the EU again! This time the arms are being funnelled in to the conflict directly.

This whole illusion of us somehow not being involved is indicative of the western hegemonic way of thinking . . . .And its scary.

Russia WILL attack, count on it. They're now fighting for the survival of their entire continent. NATO is salivating at the prospect of a defeated Russia.
reply to: shaneslaughta

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Indeed. A scary but truthful analysis of the situation. This and almost every military action taken in the past 80 years, in one way or another created this a situation of our own making. The USA, and Europe are mostly to blame for the shape of the Eurasian (Is that a word?) continent and the middle east.

We all have had our hands in every major disagreement and skirmish since the formation of NATO till modern day. That makes the EU, USA, and many other nations at fault for the current state of affairs. Every action that's been taken has consequences or side effects that cause other actions and yet more side effects.

Of course now no one wants to find the cause and effect of each separate issue and how they interact with each other. One action causing other issues (Intended or Not). The world (most of) will stick to the black and white narrative that its a Russia Ukraine, good vs evil scenario. Its easier to believe what your told than it is to unravel damn near a century of world history.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
originally posted by: shaneslaughta

The land in question has been in Ukrainian hands for many years. Why was the Donetsk and Luhansk regions allowed to integrate / reintegrate into Ukraine in 2015 if its part of Russian territory?

Because it is not 'russian territory'.

"Why did it take so long for Putin to react to this "Threat" against the Motherland?"

Because there was no 'threat', oil prices were too low for russia to afford the invasion, and the biden idiot wasn't POTUS.

"Russia hasn't failed, that implies they have given up or have been beaten. That is anything but the truth. They have had setbacks of a major variety. They are still a major player IMO."

All of russia's efforts have failed so far to force Ukraine to surrender it's land, and have caused great harm to russia, but you are correct that putin hasn't given up yet.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

"Internal issue"

Internal to whom?

Ukraine is not part of russia.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Donetsk and Luhansk were under Russian backed separatist's control in 2014. I don't know the particulars but at some point the separatists were under Ukrainian rule for a while (Their early attempts to succeed failing) until some time in early 2022 when they wanted to break away from Ukraine again and become part of the Russian federation.

I guess there is a difference in being backed by Russia and actual Russian territory. But my point from a different post is still that Putin may be trying to rekindle the flame of the old USSR in some ways here.

I don't think for a minute we have seen what Russia is truly capable of. Don't forget that we have yet to see much help from their ally China as of yet. President Xi seems to be walking the fence in regards to this conflict. They may just get some much needed backing in the near future, or tell Russia they are on their own.

Who really knows? Not me.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Internal Ukrainian issue in this conflict. Separatists want to "separate" their region from "Ukraine", regions that have been part of Ukraine for a long time. Its the Russian backed separatists that want to break away. I don't have the numbers but a good majority of that contested region identify as Russian National.

Is that not why Russia is trying to claim these Ukrainian territories? Or am i not seeing the forest for the trees?

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The US military is thoroughly cucked at this point. And by extension, NATO, and the UN, which is beholden to China now.

EU has no gas to run their military.

The strongest sanctions in the history of ever are hurting the west more than Russia.

I think we'll end up letting Putin do whatever he wants in the long run.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Considering there have been over 2000 nuclear bomb detonations with over 500 being detonated in the open air not under ground and considering that millions of people live at both Hiroshima and Nagasaki I am gunna go out on a limb and say….nukes ain’t as big a deal as we have been led to believe.

And once the next one is used it will be like a bag of lays chips. They won’t stop at 1.

But will still won’t see nuclear winter or mad max. Just a few city sized craters to fill in while we figure out who the victors are. Tragic and will likely see humanity locked into some new dark age for a bit.

a reply to: UpThenDown

edit on 22-9-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: andy06shake

The US military is thoroughly cucked at this point. And by extension, NATO, and the UN, which is beholden to China now.

EU has no gas to run their military.

The strongest sanctions in the history of ever are hurting the west more than Russia.

I think we'll end up letting Putin do whatever he wants in the long run.

The US military is 'cucked'?

You think the EU militaries run on natural gas?

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

Internal Ukrainian issue in this conflict. Separatists want to "separate" their region from "Ukraine", regions that have been part of Ukraine for a long time. Its the Russian backed separatists that want to break away. I don't have the numbers but a good majority of that contested region identify as Russian National.

Is that not why Russia is trying to claim these Ukrainian territories? Or am i not seeing the forest for the trees?

russia invaded those territories in 2014, causing most who don't like russia to die or flee, then took a poll.

If russia hadn't invaded in 2014, you might actually have a good argument here, but that isn't what happened.

It was never any of russia's business what Ukraine or any of it's territories do, and still isn't.

Because Ukraine is not part of russia.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   

So all we are waiting on now is a 9/11 type of incident to drag us openly into war.

And we can hear everyone asking why they hate us again...

Absolutely clueless.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yup

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Yup

Have any pics of those natural gas powered tanks and planes?

Have you not noticed that russia is threatening to nuke the planet because we gave Ukraine a few trinkets that defeated the glorious russian army?

We have a whole lot more than those trinkets.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus

So all we are waiting on now is a 9/11 type of incident to drag us openly into war.

Absolutely clueless.

Did we go on a territorial conquest or make repeated nuke threats?

There's a lots hate going around right now, but it's aimed at russia's latest crusade.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Oh we in the west are not exempt, the media all singing in unison, we know what that means by now.

Ain't nobody scared of a little nukes, there's too many humans, we're ready for nuclear war.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Except that it's not true. Ordinary Ukrainians were sick of the corrupt Kremlin puppet bleeding their country dry. They didn't need encouragement or permission from the US to be against Russia, their USSR experience was bad enough.
If you want to analyse why we're in this mess you can't ignore that all those former Soviet countries have their own mind, history and will.

Now of course that doesn't mean the West and/or NATO are not involved and I don't see anybody claiming that.
But, for the purpose of analysis:

1. Putin was celebrated for bringing Russia back into the midst of powerful influential countries, implying the defeat had already happened before.
2. After being mostly known for being the world's biggest exporter of slaves (aka Russian brides and construction workers in ME f.e.) now their big economic hit is internet extortion (aka ransom hackers)
3. Every country that once was under Russian hegemony will tell you the same story: corruption, violence, supremacy

And now we see how they try to steal the most wealthy parts of their most wealthy former subject the Ukraine, because that's what Russia is. From top to bottom (obviously not down to the individual there are good people everywhere but as entity) no regards for other people, taking advantage of every opportunity to fill their pockets (as proven by Putin and his oligarch friends who robbed the country dry in the disguise of privatisation where was their patriotism then?) and with that machismo attitude that violence is manly and manly is good.
Is it about the survival of Russia? Yes sure, that's why they need the Ukraine the 'breadbasket' of the former USSR, the richest in resources of all Slavic countries, but why they need it has everything to do with the character of her elites and very very little with NATO or EU or US.
Besides Putin being jealous as # that his Backyard wants to get away from his Russian Love asap

Without implying that the West is per se without fault that our elites are not also corrupt etc. But it's a difference in scale and once you're a part of it you got rights and subjects of Russia don't.

edit on 22-9-2022 by Peeple because: so many letters

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Oh we in the west are not exempt, the media all singing in unison, we know what that means by now.

Ain't nobody scared of a little nukes, there's too many humans, we're ready for nuclear war.

People still watch msm?

I don't.

But NOTHING on western msm is even on the same planet as russian teevee.

n norea's teevee might be more based in reality than russia's right now.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

Absolutely clueless.

Did we go on a territorial conquest or make repeated nuke threats?

There's a lots hate going around right now, but it's aimed at russia's latest crusade.

Personally I don't like or agree with the NWO Nazis stealing elections and running my country either. Our US media has been priming us for this for years, you'd be blind not to see it coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join