It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gateway Pundit Russian Propaganda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I tend to agree its better to try and see the whole picture as opposed to only part or one side of the equation.

Multiple sources of information is the obvious ticket there.

Alternative facts through are not facts hence should be disregarded or seen for what they are that being mainly opinions.

Again each to their own, but by my guesstimation "The Gateway Pundit" is pretty much the same as "Beforeitsnews.com".

Would you rate that place?

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Kenzo

Now do the Ukrainian propaganda outlets in the MSM.

Yeah, The Ukraine propaganda is on steroids. I have seen very little Russian propaganda besides a couple of posters here on ats but even them have settled down after the threads not going the way the planned.

I always laugh at the amount of Ukraine propaganda which is 99.9% of the time claiming we must stop the Russian propaganda which I have only seen a few times.

I don't think Putin is a good guy or a white hat that many appear to think or want him to be, but I also don't buy into what the globalist are pushing with Ukraine either.

One thing is certain and right or wrong, it appears that putin is not playing the social media games(or really bad at it) while Ukraine is desperately playing it.

edit on 04930America/ChicagoThu, 22 Sep 2022 08:04:54 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

It is funny watching avid fans of Ukrainian propaganda, which is the overwhelming majority of source propaganda being used in the west, singling out scant source examples of Russian propaganda for exposure.

It's almost like Russia and Ukraine are in a battle to out-propagandize each another.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   

One thing is certain and right or wrong, it appears that putin is not playing the social media games(or really bad at it) while Ukraine is desperately playing it.

Not internationally. But he is playing it at home. There are examples of Russian domestic influences basically going off a script.

Pretty mild for wae propaganda. I'm not saying it's something no one else is doing. The whole world is going full bore on propaganda at the moment... Just pointing out Russia's social media angle for posterity.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Does anyone STILL believe in the 'Ghost of Kiev'?

Come to mention it...what was TGP's take on that at the time?

edit: Here it is...

EXCLUSIVE ANALYSIS: Lots of Misinformation Coming Out of Ukraine – The ‘Ghost of Kiev’ Is Not Real

www.thegatewaypundit.com...
edit on 1AMSepCDTAMCDT by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

To be fair, we haven't seen any proof of (super malicious) biolabs past the brief allegations. I say brief because Russia hasn't used that as a main justification for quite some time.

As I stated, we really don't know what all they are/have been involved in.

However, we have the congressional statement/testimony of a Biden administration official who confirmed the existence of biolabs only to express concern about what Russia might do with the labs and their contents. If Nuland considered the biolabs dangerous, then we cannot rule out your "supermalicious" qualification either.

I think that's a loaded statement. Of course Russia is going to say Ukraine has terrorized that region. But the question is, were they trying to defend/take back the region you recognized Russia took, or was there massive intentional foul play.

And OF COURSE Ukraine is going to deny they terrorized that region! (And, of course, since Zelensky has banned all "unfriendly" news sources and reporting, all we're going to here is what Zelensky allows us to hear...)

So first, let's be clear that this is a feud that goes back decades at least. But in recent memory, we have Ukraine and Russia both "claiming" those areas, Ukraine took them with the help of Obama and McCain and their Nazis, continued/proceeded to terrorize and wage war on those people in those areas, until Russia just took them back.

There were plenty of compromises offered, such as letting the people of those areas decide for themselves, or using those areas to create a so-called neutral zone. Seems to me that instead of championing either Ukraine or Russia, we should be championing the people and what will bring peace.

I can't think of a country that's been invaded who didn't have hyper nationalist elements.

No need for Godwin's Law. No need to whitewash. Ukraine is very very proud of their Nazis and their Nazi army. We're not talking your average nationalist "rah! rah! our country right or wrong!!!" crap. Nope. We're talking self proclaimed honest-to-God official Nazis.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Not internationally. But he is playing it at home. There are examples of Russian domestic influences basically going off a script.

Pretty mild for wae propaganda. I'm not saying it's something no one else is doing. The whole world is going full bore on propaganda at the moment... Just pointing out Russia's social media angle for posterity.

Oh that I'm sure of , Especially since I came from a communist / quasi dictatorship myself and experienced the rampant controlled propaganda and narratives first hand. Sadly I'm seeing the tactics ramping up here on the US and globally as well.

Before this mess started I would watch bloggers and youtubers overseas on their perspectives of their country. A few I watched were russians living in Russia and Australians that moved to russia. You can see how they avoid expressing their real feelings online about Russia and especially putin due to fear. Some continue to pretend like nothing is happening and a few actually speak very carefully and hint as they don't support what is going on.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It's almost like Russia and Ukraine are in a battle to out-propagandize each another.

If the war was based on global propaganda I would say the Ukraine has used the nuclear wessel option and kicking the crap out of Russia.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

If the war was based on global propaganda I would say the Ukraine has used the nuclear wessel option and kicking the crap out of Russia.

TBF...Ukrainian propaganda has mucho help from a willing MSM.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I noticed " Putin's Apologists" arrived

You people...

edit on 22-9-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

You people...

Pointing out the verifiable fact that Ukrainian propaganda not only exists, but is prolific...makes one a "Putin Apologist"?

Sounds super fair and open-minded of you.
edit on 1AMSepCDTAMCDT by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Boadicea

I tend to agree its better to try and see the whole picture as opposed to only part or one side of the equation.

Multiple sources of information is the obvious ticket there.

Alternative facts through are not facts hence should be disregarded or seen for what they are that being mainly opinions.

Again each to their own, but by my guesstimation "The Gateway Pundit" is pretty much the same as "Beforeitsnews.com".

Would you rate that place?

I do actually see a huge difference between Before It's News and Gateway Pundit. While GP spins facts and news like a spider spinning a web, BIN and Sorcha Faal made up crap out of whole cloth. GP usually has some facts upon which to base their spinning.

I took a gander at GP's homepage just now. I haven't checked them for a few weeks, and even then I mostly check for election fraud news, because I know they are far more involved in the behind-the-scenes action than they let on. There were a couple of opinion pieces, but for the most part, their stories are backed up by at least some verifiable facts.

These are their top stories right now:

They Can’t Win if They Don’t Cheat… House Democrats Vote to Give Aliens the Right to Vote — IN UNANIMOUS VOTE! (easily verified with public records)

President Trump to Sean Hannity: “I Think They Took My Will” During Mar-A-Lago Raid (VIDEO) (easily verified)

“The Biggest Waste of Money I Have Ever Spent in my Entire Life… I Own Very Little Power” – Customers are Furious About Solar Panels’ Poor Performance (easily verified opinion)

Episode Two: “The Political Prisoner Podcast” with Host Jake Lang from Prison and Sponsored by The Gateway Pundit — This Week Jake Interviews Joe Oltmann From His Prison Block (interview easily verified; haven't listened and cannot speak to the contents, but would expect much of it to be subjective)

Episode Two: “The Political Prisoner Podcast” with Host Jake Lang from Prison and Sponsored by The Gateway Pundit — This Week Jake Interviews Joe Oltmann From His Prison Block (statement easily verified)

The Rantings And Ravings of Vladimir Putin – He’s On The Ropes (obvious opinion piece)

I cannot compare to BIN's top headlines today because I don't know what they are, don't want to know, and I don't think we're permitted to post BIN content. But I can bet BIN's headlines are far more outrageous with no verifiable facts.

GP bashing has become quite popular lately, all over the 'net. I am beginning to wonder just what all GP is up to that so many are trying to take them down...
edit on 22-9-2022 by Boadicea because: formatting

edit on 22-9-2022 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

TBF...Ukrainian propaganda has mucho help from a willing MSM.

for sure, which is my reservations on Ukraine.

When the MSM,NATO, Democrat party, Republican party, hollywood, MIC, Social Media Oligarch, and billionaires get behind a cause (especially when they all agree with each other) its usually its not for the betterment of humanity or the truth.

It was one of the things I liked about trump. ALL the RIGHT people hated him since those RIGHT people are not on our side.

So I'm very Leery about the whole Ukraine thing and treat it like my thoughts on life or what happens after death: "I have no idea about the truth" but I keep looking for clues.

edit on 48930America/ChicagoThu, 22 Sep 2022 08:48:47 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Yea, I think it's evident they're focusing all of their attention at winning the hearts and minds at home right now.

They know they're not going to win over western sentiment, and don't really need to as it wouldn't serve much use. The western governments are going to exploit the situation regardless as it's an opportunity to weaken Russia by proxy.

Russia is countering well with energy leverage, and ironically this is to the fault of the European countries who put themselves in the situation of needing Russia.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

You people...

LOL!!!

Some folks just love their labels

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

care to share the fake news that they report? facts over feelings

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Gateway Pundit has always been Russian propaganda, some of their staff members are ex Russia Today “journalists”.

I guess as long as they tell you what you want to believe it’s a credible source for information.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ModusPonus

Suggesting widespread election fraud took place springs to mind.

That's what the place is after all famous for.

www.politifact.com...
edit on 22-9-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ModusPonus

Suggesting widespread election fraud took place springs to mind.

That's what the place is after all famous for.

www.politifact.com...

I suppose how one defines election "fraud" is a moving target... but Gateway Pundit has reported many many ways that laws were violated during the 2020 election, in several states. Many of those violations, such as inadequate or outright lack of signature verification, can in fact and in deed lead to illegal/illegitimate ballots by illegal/illegitimate "voters" being counted. And we have absolutely no way of knowing who those illegal/illegitimate ballots were for because the ballot is separated from the voter in order to ensure no one can identify who any individual voted for.

So while it is impossible for anyone to state that Biden "won," it is equally impossible for anyone to state that Biden "lost." The best we could do is remove all such ballots from the count, even ballots from legal/legitimate voters, and see who "won" with only legal/legitimate votes.

The devil is always in the details.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Does anyone STILL believe in the 'Ghost of Kiev'?

Come to mention it...what was TGP's take on that at the time?

edit: Here it is...

EXCLUSIVE ANALYSIS: Lots of Misinformation Coming Out of Ukraine – The ‘Ghost of Kiev’ Is Not Real

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Did anyone EVER believe it was a single pilot?

THAT'S the hilarious part.

What pilot have you ever heard of that flies 3 different types of plane in 6 hours?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join