It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gateway Pundit Russian Propaganda

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 02:48 AM
link   
So clear so clear....they dont even try to hide it. They use Alex Christoforou, Alexander Mercouris to deliver the message ( The Duran )

Game Changer in Ukraine–Referenda

Russia’s Propaganda & Disinformation Ecosystem - 2022 Update & New Disclosures

Gateway Pundit even uses the " Special Military Operation " term , not war term . These genocide apologist have really lost it big time .

Kremlin will thank them doing the propaganda work.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Many seem invested in a preconceived notion that Putin has to be a "white hat" who will save the world from its corrupt politicians.

Never mind that Putin's rule itself is a huge kleptocracy.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 03:19 AM
link   
They can't use war because if America is doing something without Congress approvable ... well...

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yeeh, the basic structure of Putins inner circle is more like drug cartel & mafia ,with palaces, yachts , aeroplanes etc bundled with high corruption /stealing and huge goverment security forces that make sure everything is going according to plan...

It`s odd some people buys Putins rhetoric bs ..

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

its certainly a self inflicted wound created by our own divisive media & political system there is a line from one of Chesterton's poems that sums up the issue for me.

" i knew no harm or bonepart but plenty of the squire?"

Putin isn't the one attacking them or their lives and thus we end up inhabiting a similar space in the 30s where both Starlin and Hitler where seen by their respective groups as the lesser threat or worse as the one to fix and replace broken global capitalism..

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Jim Hoft, who runs TGP is as big on free speech as ATS is, and I suspect that he gave this 'journalist' space on his site because nobody else would.

I've had many email conversations with Jim over the years, and let him know exactly what I think about this guy publishing on TGP in pretty direct terms.

He no longer responds to my emails.

As far as I know, all of the russian propaganda articles on TGP have been from this one 'journalist', and everything he writes is straight from the kremlin.

Click his name on TGP if you need a laugh.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Anyone i dont like is Russian propaganda. Or Russian bot..

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Anyone i dont like is Russian propaganda. Or Russian bot..

No.

This 'journalist' is always almost word for word from official russian propaganda.

edit on 22-9-2022 by MidnightWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Okey , now that i clik his name, there is nothing, no photo, no info....lol! so who is he ?

I seen on other media sometimes even fake ID used, meaning the name used would not even exist...someone using fake name.

Good that you let Hoft know about that writer ,

edit on 22-9-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Okey , now that i clik his name, there is nothing, no photo, no info....lol! so who is he ?

I seen on other media sometimes even fake ID used, meaning the name used would not even exist...someone using fake name.

Good that you let Hoft know about that writer ,

That's one of the exact things I complained about, it would probably be ok with me if the 'journalist' had a public bio that made it clear that he was a russia supporter.

I'm sure thousands of people let him know what they thought about this 'journalist'.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Gateway Pundit has an agenda... like pretty much everyone else. To their credit, they don't hide it, unlike so many others.

Neither Ukraine nor Russia is the "good guy" and arguing over who is right is tantamount to arguing over whether Hitler or Mussolini was worse. I don't support either.

Who are Alex Christoforou and Alexander Mercouris? Besides, apparently, "Kremlin Amplifiers" (LOL -- no propaganda there!)

Why should I trust these guys less than I should trust the Zelensky propaganda outlets?

Do you have a problem with folks reading and hearing all sides and coming to their own conclusions? I don't. There is much to be gained by keeping one's enemies close enough to know what they are saying and doing...

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   

The place is a far-right fake news website well known for accommodating falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories.

The Gateway Pundit is in the same to similar caliber as "Beforeitsnews.com".

Not really any wonder that they side with the likes of Putin and are happy to call his war with Ukraine a ""Special Military Operation"".

After all they need to pander to their audience else they will simply go somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Neither Ukraine nor Russia is the "good guy" and arguing over who is right is tantamount to arguing over whether Hitler or Mussolini was worse. I don't support either.

Ukraine is certainly far from perfect, and that isn't anything new. They've had corruption problems for some time.

But in terms of conflict, this all started after/because of Crimea. Russia wanted to keep the black sea base, and they wanted a land bridge to boot.

This doesn't mean I want the US to be involved, especially given there couldn't be worse timing. We have our own problems fo deal with right now.

In a lot of cases when two countries have grievences, war breaks out. When they victor wins they leave or stay and rebuild then leave. Russia is planning to absorb, and I think that is indicative of their true motives.

What country who is being invaded and taken isn't going to defend itself? And should we really compare them to the likes of Hitler for doing so?

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Gateway Pundit is far more than a --

...far-right fake news website well known for accommodating falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories.

Gateway Pundit doesn't just report news.

I'm not sure what all they are into, but they have their grubby little fingers in lots of active political porky pies. They know more than they report... they do more than they report... they report what they want to report -- no more and no less -- for their own purposes. In that sense, they are no different, no better and no worse, than anyone else. In terms of falsehoods and hoaxes, they have been proven right more times than some would like to admit.

And yes, they are far-right, they are all-in for Trump and MAGA, and make no bones about it. If one wants to know what Team Trump and MAGA are up to, the Gateway Pundit is a big help.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   

It also reports fake news.

Each to their own Boadicea, but the facts speak for themselves, and "The Gateway Pundit" presents plenty of the ""alternative"" sorts as truth.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Ukraine is certainly far from perfect, and that isn't anything new. They've had corruption problems for some time.

And plenty of proud Nazis.

But in terms of conflict, this all started after/because of Crimea. Russia wanted to keep the black sea base, and they wanted a land bridge to boot.

In part. We really don't know what all they are/have been involved in, including biolabs.

This doesn't mean I want the US to be involved, especially given there couldn't be worse timing. We have our own problems fo deal with right now.

That's for damn sure!

What country who is being invaded and taken isn't going to defend itself?

Indeed. Ukraine was terrorizing and making war on the Crimea and the eastern regions of Ukraine, which had been taken from Russia just a few years before. Those people couldn't defend themselves against the Ukraine Nazi army and government.

And should we really compare them to the likes of Hitler for doing so?

Let's see... Hitler was a Nazi. Ukraine's army is filled with Nazis using Nazi tactics.

Yes. We can compare Ukraine to Hitler. Very easily.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Biden and democrats are a cluster Fk of an administration but the Gateway pundit is as trust worthy as cnn if not less.

Each time I followed their sources they were doing a 360 circling to their own past stories . anonymous sources with trust me bro, and in several times I joke you not led to a social media post by some random unknown regular joe poster in the interwebs.

I don't know about the Russian propaganda as I don't read them and in general I mostly see Ukraine propaganda and besides a few posters here I never see Russian propaganda. However, Gateway pundit is Complete crap IMO regardless if pro or against Russia. I Don't even bother reading them or any post that list them as the source.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wrote about this in the past.

the Gateway Pundit is a joke and its actually worse then cnn often times. I don't even bother to take anything they say seriously anymore. At one time I would actually put time into following their cited sources and where they got the information from but often time it led to some bs social media comment some anonymous person made. So I stopped putting any effort into taking anything they say as factual or worth even considering.

I don't care about the messenger but in this case the GP messenger has a history of bs . I put them with my cnn bs filter.

Like I said the democrats have gone full blown RERE and the biden administration is beyond a horrendous joke but so is the Gateway pundit .

Gateway Pundit is capitalizing of the republicans by providing them with their wants , wanted biased confirmation and what they want to hear.

edit on 51930America/ChicagoThu, 22 Sep 2022 08:51:32 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It also reports fake news.

Each to their own Boadicea, but the facts speak for themselves, and "The Gateway Pundit" presents plenty of the ""alternative"" sorts as truth.

Just like everyone else. We're being fed half-truths, mis-truths and outright lies by EVERYONE!!!

It occurs to me though that these days people are quite quick to mistake opinions for facts, and accept unsourced rumors as facts, and let themselves be played.

And, of course, when folks only "believe" one side, an echo chamber is created.

Anyone who wants the whole truth, needs to read sources they don't necessarily like. It just is what it is.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   

In part. We really don't know what all they are/have been involved in, including biolabs.

To be fair, we haven't seen any proof of (super malicious) biolabs past the brief allegations. I say brief because Russia hasn't used that as a main justification for quite some time.

Indeed. Ukraine was terrorizing and making war on the Crimea and the eastern regions of Ukraine, which had been taken from Russia just a few years before.

I think that's a loaded statement. Of course Russia is going to say Ukraine has terrorized that region. But the question is, were they trying to defend/take back the region you recognized Russia took, or was there massive intentional foul play. I think it's hard since Russia set up an insurgency and no doubt had non uniformed foreign fighters there too. I don't doubt that got dicey for Ukraine to grapple with, just like any nation dealing with insurgency. But it's important to ask if Ukraine was knowingly targeting civilians as alleged.

Let's see... Hitler was a Nazi. Ukraine's army is filled with Nazis using Nazi tactics.

I can't think of a country that's been invaded who didn't have hyper nationalist elements. When people are defending their culture and sovereignty, there's going to be some who get outright racist about it, saying that those of their invading enemies are sub human. Russia has outright said Ukraine has no legitimacy, implying to take it off the map and erase their culture.

Nazi tactics would be taking the whole region and commiting genocide. I'm not aware of any Ukrainian ambitions to start taking neighbors. There's only one entity doing that, but I still won't compare Russia to Hitler, as even I see that as a stretch. This situation is a bit more nuanced, just using godwins law is an oversimplification.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Now do the Ukrainian propaganda outlets in the MSM.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join