It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,300-year-old cave from reign of Ramesses II uncovered in Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Most of the Bible is... Solomons pillers come to mind.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Awesome thread!! I guess we will most likely see a new Bright Insight video from Jimmy any day now on this

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkwingduck
One day, they will find a Vimana, a gateway, or a Nephilim in stasis. It will shake the world.
a reply to: putnam6

More likely we'll find an earlier habitation with good DNA data that will answer currently unanswerable questions , a tomb or storage area with copious amounts of ancient text. Along with and a lexicon showing the meaning of the words of multiple languages, some we know and others we don't, therefore unsealing that knowledge, finally we might find a real lost city from a culture we currently are unaware of.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

You might not want to, but I tend to.

Sorry about that. The dates stood out. Right at the outset of the Levantine States. Phoenicia and 12 Tribes.

The history (control of territory and what it was called) from there is interesting. Quick fact check research says the territory where Jerusalem is located followed this path - Canaan -> Egypt (1458) -> 12 Tribes (1210) -> Israel (1026) -> Egypt Sacks Jerulsalem and retreats (925) -> Neo Assyria (798) -> Israel (783) -> Judah (769) -> Neo Assyria (701) -> Judah (626) -> Neo Babylon: (597) -> Achaemenid (539) -> Macedonia/Hellenistic States (330) -> Herodian (Judea) (130) -> Rome -> insert Christianity -> another 2000 years of that. Especially when you get to the Caliphates.

And that's probably wrong. I get two or three dates for every control change. Even Rome gives me both 56 BCE and 4 CE as the date of annexation. Neobabylon is another one. They proclaimed the land in 609 but officially seized Jerusalem in 597. 12 Tribes too. From what I can tell they werent actually called that until backtracking the history of the Hebrews (the original groups that didn't go along with Phoenicia and told a different history) until after Saul in 1026 BCE. But their coming to be paralleled the collapse of Egyptian control over the region.

It has a long history of annexation in any case.

No worries I enjoy the learning aspect just not when it goes sideways. It's obviously still relevant in the region as we are seeing elsewhere currently, hard to miss the religious implications. Mostly though I just don't know enough about the history as I should.

posted on Sep, 23 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

One day, they will find a Vimana, a gateway, or a Nephilim in stasis. It will shake the world.

More likely we'll find an earlier habitation with good DNA data that will answer currently unanswerable questions , a tomb or storage area with copious amounts of ancient text. Along with and a lexicon showing the meaning of the words of multiple languages, some we know and others we don't, therefore unsealing that knowledge, finally we might find a real lost city from a culture we currently are unaware of.

That's what I'm talking about...

I know it's unlikely and whichever country finds such a discovery it's likely to be hidden, controlled or manipulated.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Hanslune

That's what I'm talking about...

I know it's unlikely and whichever country finds such a discovery it's likely to be hidden, controlled or manipulated.

You seem a bit paranoid. Only a few countries actually do that and we know they do so. Such finds would be of great value and the information would leak almost immediately.

The vast majority of archaeologists are not government controlled nor belong to any hierarchy. Given the avalanche of new finds in the last century who every is 'hiding, controlling and manipulating' really sucks at their job.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join