It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Y’all Watching Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here’s the story.

A lovely 22 year old girl was arrested for wearing her hijab wrong. She was taken in and then placed into a room and beaten.
Others tried to go in the room when they heard the screams. She was then taken to the hospital and died of blunt head trauma.

This was it………This was the straw that broke the camels back. People, men and women are protesting in the streets.
I heard another 10 yr old girl was also killled. Apparently people are sick of this regime and tired of the ultra conservatism. Women are going on social media and burning their hijabs and cutting their hair. Men are showing their beaten bodies.
They snapped. Now I also heard Iran might be turning the internet off so people can’t share images/messages.

I have to run out but will add links/photos later, unless someone on here can do it for me.
We have witnessed history all over the world with protests but this… this one hits deeper knowing how oppressed these people are.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Also wanted to add Elon Musk is involved and wants to put Starlink there.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Horrendous situation really.

Hope the young lady is ok.

RIP poor wee 10 year old lass.

Not really anything new all the same over there.

Been that way since about 1979 or thereabouts.

Be nice if Iran came to her senses and back into the world fold.

So much history and ancient architecture in the area for a start.

Or at least what the regime had left standing.

edit on 20-9-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
An insider's view of Islam:

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Women have to fight for women -- and men have to support them.

Here in America, even today, women fight against the rights of women.

Look at our own (USA) history of voting rights for women. That was only 102 years ago.

Women were beaten, force fed, arrested, etc.

The women’s suffrage movement was a decades-long fight to win the right to vote for women in the United States. It took activists and reformers nearly 100 years to win that right, and the campaign was not easy: Disagreements over strategy threatened to cripple the movement more than once. But on August 18, 1920, the 19th Amendment to the Constitution was finally ratified, enfranchising all American women and declaring for the first time that they, like men, deserve all the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.

www.history.com...

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

...and Biden can't wait to sign a Russian-brokered deal with these women-hating a-holes.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
In a Patriarchal society (especially a religious one) -- even the men are subjected to rule by older men of the family.

Modern men may support their wives in fighting for rights and freedom. But they themselves are subjected to the rules/laws of their patriarchal society.

The men need to stand up first for their own freedom. So, they can then support their wives, sisters, etc.

edit on 20-9-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I just keep thinking when we see oppressed societies they are like the prefect path for deranged people would love to torture and kill people as they assume leadership rolls within the communities. They get away with it because it is God's work or the Government's that they are doing, not them personally, but in the end they just have free reins to do anything their sick minds want to do.

edit on 20-9-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Iranian woman dies ‘after being beaten by morality police’ over hijab law

Iran denies Mahsa Amini, woman who died in custody, was beaten

Not sure on the sources for the story, have zero clue what the truth is BUT what is true (for me anyway) is how non believers are persecruted by ALL religions in certain countries. Countries that allow laws to be made and enforced on a fairy tale, I am not trying to be offensive to those that do believe but why should those that dont be punished based on stories from 1000s of years ago.

I can appreciate the good nature of religious books and tales of doing unto others, selflessness etc, its just not everyone lives their lives according to these books and rightly so, freedom should include the freedom to NOT practice any religion.

From the outside looking in, I thought ALL religions were ultimately about peace to fellow man/woman..........as long as you do as it says in this book....you wont get beaten or punished as a heathen.

To me its religion is a bit like why I came to ATS in the first place, aliens, we have no proof of either and if we did then the world would change immensely.

We are all just stuck on a rock falling through space, lets just all get along and enjoy the ride from believers and non believers, vaxxed and unvaxxed, black and white to men and women.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Mahsa Amini’s CT Scan Shows Skull Fractures Caused By Severe Blows

www.iranintl.com...

They can't deny she was beaten to death.

edit on 20-9-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It's things like this that can easily boil over the pot.

I've met a handful of Iranians in my time, 1-2 were conservative and devout Muslims. Maybe 10 years ago and they made conscious decisions to separate themselves from things happening in the ME... It's where I know some stuff from lol anyways their kids are adults now and more than likely more avert to extremism and fanaticism.

Times a changing as the song goes.

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Look at our own (USA) history of voting rights for women. That was only 102 years ago.

The women’s suffrage movement was a decades-long fight to win the right to vote for women in the United States. It took activists and reformers nearly 100 years to win that right, and the campaign was not easy: Disagreements over strategy threatened to cripple the movement more than once. But on August 18, 1920, the 19th Amendment to the Constitution was finally ratified, enfranchising all American women and declaring for the first time that they, like men, deserve all the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.

www.history.com...

We somehow went from an OP discussing legitimately violent Iranian theocracy in the modern era - to the US being bad somehow because of suffrage 100 years ago.

Okay.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

www.history.com...

We somehow went from an OP discussing legitimately violent Iranian theocracy in the modern era - to the US being bad somehow because of suffrage 100 years ago.

Okay.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Do you think we have any Iranian members here at ATS?

I mean in country.

Need to use a VPN i suppose, but im just wondering if any exist?

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LetTheColdCome

www.history.com...

Okay.

Because the USA needs to invade them...duh! Anyway, to a leftit, everything is the USA even when it isn't because as we all know toppling the USA will bring a utopia the world has never seen before. Also, in some sort of odd thinking process, at the same time we are the most horrible culture/nation to have ever existed, we must invade everyone and impose our wonderful culture.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I have been blowing that horn for long time. But as of late it seems to me it's not about equality.

I came to realize that both gender have their privileges according to their traditional role in society.
the working man has the last say in the working field.
The housekeeping mother has the last say in family affairs.

I'm not advocating this model, what I'm saying is, alot has happened that took away the privileges of man but little that took away those of women. If this was really a cry for equality and you want men to agree, it's time for the movement to adress the privileges women have...

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: greendust

According to "Freedom House Freedom Index" there are 83 countries around the globe that tick the considered to be free box.

www.statista.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Is the Iranian government still throwing homosexuals off of buildings?
Also...how is Iran's transgender movement coming along?

Asking for a bunch of leftist friends.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I follow this guy on Twitter. His name is Heshmat Alavi. He exposes the mullah. He has a video up that is a compilation of the ‘morality police’ attacking women in the streets. He posts videos of citizens protesting there that you don’t see on the news.
@HeshmatAlavi

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join