It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Weeks Notice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I definitely don't bounced around either, but I have to tell you, if you don't take it you might regret it.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Yeah, 2 weeks notice is the correct and professional thing to do.

I gave McDonald's 2 weeks notice when I was 16. I know they wouldn't have cared, or maybe even noticed. But it was the right thing to do.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I’ve worked in the employment industry for a couple decades and have seen everything twice….lol

Honestly, every situation is different and requires a different action.
One thing I will tell you is that very few employers give you a notice of termination that is anything but immediate.
There are also many companies that will just walk you out the door instead of keeping you for the remainder of the two weeks. “That’s a heads up to see if the new job is willing to take you immediately “ This comes down to how you want to leave the company. You can’t go back over a burnt bridge.

Also, not calling an applicant’s reference’s is pretty common. You’re probably not going to put anyone down that won’t give you a positive rating and even if you do it’s almost impossible for them to say anything negative without risking a lawsuit.
edit on 19-9-2022 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That's a good point.

I haven't had a civilian job in over 20 years, so maybe I'm not up to date.

I guess the best bet is to do what's best for you. We know most companies don't care about their employees.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

It’s a two way street today.
Employees don’t care either.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Go for it. Explain to your present employer the new job is more fitted to you, it is a relaxed environment and you have been working many years in jobs that were not so relaxed. Tell them you are sorry you cannot stay there, but the other job fits you better. Hopefully they will understand....if not, oh well, a person has to do what a person has to do.

I had employees tell me they had to leave because they found a better paying job or one that fit their experience better. They gave me notice and I told them that if they needed a job in the future they could check back and ask me if I had an opening and if I did I would take them back. But I made it clear it was only if I had an opening. Most of my employees liked their jobs, but I could not pay as well as other builders who charged the clients more. I knew many of the people I did work for and they could not afford to pay much more.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If they care about you.

They will be happy this fell in your lap.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Congrats on finding a great job!!!

Good luck with doing what you must, and I think this is the advice I would offer as well.....from DAVID64...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You're gonna be fine.

It's already harder on you than it will be on them.

Congratulations on your new job, you're doing it for all the right reasons.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Yeah I kinda had a passive worry about the same thing. Save for one person on that jail shift, I really liked my crew. My sgt, cpl, and all the other officers. Some of the staff sgts on during dayshift were also squared away dudes.

My last shift kind of showed where they were at with me. They all switched postings around that night, and it ended up with me having the least amount of things "needed" to be done. Gave me pretty much 7 or 8 hours of my 12 shift to catch up with each coworker and kinda wrap up with them. The whole "what was the good about working with me, what can I improve on, what should I take onward with me" kinda deal. Also had time before our last lock in to go around and chat with some of the inmates who I genuinely cared to see what their future plans were. Not to see them again, but to check in and see if they had stuff squared away and all that. Hard to explain to civs.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wanted to pop in real quick, and say thank you to everyone, and I DID IT!!!

It was tough, I was a nervous wreck, and my boss was disappointed.
But it is done, and I'm excited. Going to be a long two weeks I think!

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Wanted to pop in real quick, and say thank you to everyone, and I DID IT!!!

It was tough, I was a nervous wreck, and my boss was disappointed.
But it is done, and I'm excited. Going to be a long two weeks I think!

PARTY time!!!

Congratulations and hope the new job is so much better!

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, they are letting me stay, which is good, since the new one didn't want to train me (pay me and the lady retiring, both) for longer than 3 months, but I would have been ok. I start the 3rd.

So, they have me scanning old files from storage, from 1994 and up. LOL
Boring as heck, but I'm still working.

The bonus, I don't have to sit in on any more meetings, nor drive all over, so yea!

Thanks again to all of you for the great support!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join