It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaetz sought pardon from Trump over DOJ probe into sex trafficking allegations: report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   

A former White House aide told the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack that Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) sought a pardon from former President Trump over the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) investigation into sex trafficking allegations against him, The Washington Post reported on Saturday, citing sources familiar with the testimony.

Former Trump aide Johnny McEntee said Gaetz told him he had asked former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows for a preemptive pardon, the Post reported. McEntee told the committee that he understood the pardon to be in connection with the DOJ probe.

Source

With everything going on with Trump it's easy to forget that there's another high-profile investigation focused on a GOP politician from Florida.

Early last year it was revealed that Rep. Matt Gaetz was under investigation for sex trafficking a minor. The investigation spawned from a separate investigation into Gaetz's wingman Joel Greenberg, who entered into a plea bargain with the prosecution in May 2021 to cooperate with their investigation into Gaetz, among others.

Gaetz had denied having sex with a minor and has claimed that Greenberg is a liar and that the investigation was a fabrication to shake some money out of his family. The problem with this narrative is that Greenberg's cooperation with prosecutors and the shakedown of Gaetz's father both occurred after January 2021.

So, if there was no substance to the accusations why was Gaetz seeking a pardon from Trump prior to him leaving office on January 2021?

I don't know about you but if I'm falsely accused of having sex with a minor I'm going to fight that with all my being. I'm not going to get seek a pardon that basically says, "Yeah, I did it but I'm friends with the President so it's okay."

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I don't know if he's guilty or innocent.

I mean, I suppose we could all wet ourselves over this and ignore the real human trafficking at our southern border, so okay.

If the evil democrats were doing a purge, like they are doing, and destroying any opposition to their evil reign, then I know I'd have asked for a blanket pardon.

Not like the DoJ follows the law, but at least it's something.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I mean, I suppose we could all wet ourselves over this and ignore the real human trafficking at our southern border, so okay.

So it’s not REAL if it happens to a child?

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Great. Another 2nd hand rose hearsay statement that just barely teeters on perjury but not quite enough for perjury.

These "witnesses" have been specially trained for that "art of the balance" 😀

Take a guess what all this bu!!sh!t is costing and guess who profits the most 😀

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: DBCowboy

So it’s not REAL if it happens to a child?

Who said that?

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I don't know about you but if I'm falsely accused of having sex with a minor I'm going to fight that with all my being. I'm not going to get seek a pardon that basically says, "Yeah, I did it but I'm friends with the President so it's okay."

I accuse you of having sex with a minor.

Now, what actions will you take?

No charges, no investigation, no proof beyond my belief.

Then we get into the matter of high profile. Now you or I will have to spend much less to prove our innocence compared to say this guy.

Guilty or not, I think we can agree that the cost of proving innocence is going up.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Puff the Magic Dragon from "The Source"

" The Washington Post reported on Saturday, citing sources familiar with the testimony. "🤣🤣

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Why do you continue to believe what at these ppl have to say? Are you just numb to being lied to now?

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
a reply to: JAGStorm
Why do you continue to believe what at these ppl have to say? Are you just numb to being lied to now?

I’ve been around enough people to know sex abuse is real, it’s much bigger than most people realize.
It happens at all levels and all political affiliations.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   

FFS, so tired of this yellow journalism.

Johnny McEntee, according to people familiar with his testimony, told investigators that Gaetz told him during a brief meeting “that they are launching an investigation into him or that there’s an investigation into him,” without specifying who was investigating Gaetz.

McEntee added that Gaetz told him “he did not do anything wrong but they are trying to make his life hell, and you know, if the president could give him a pardon, that would be great.” Gaetz told McEntee that he had asked White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows for a pardon.

archive.ph/K1eO4#selection-465.0-473.275

Link to the source The Hill is using.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Shouldn't we convict him to a firing squad before we find out his guilt or innocence?

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Gaetz used poor judgement, but it wasn’t human trafficking or procuring prostitution with a minor. I read somewhere his side of the story was that he took his 19yr old GF and her 17yr old friend on a vacation out of the Country, that’s the basis of the human trafficking claim. It seems sex was had with these girls and because he paid for the vacation it’s considered prostitution. Again, terrible judgement and possibly a case for sex with a minor ( the 17yr old )

It’s a shame because Gaetz has potential, but a man in his 30’s and in his position should have known better !

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

It’s a shame because Gaetz has potential,

i live in gaetz's district.

i have to say that i don't believe the sex trafficking charges, he's to smart for that. but as for potential, maybe for figuring out away to line his pockets. but as far as being any kind of good politician nah. gaetz is a snake in the grass MF'er best to remember that.

gaetz comes from money, and is always looking for a way to put more in their pockets. learned it from his daddy.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I remember this

whey will they be filing charges?

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
Gaetz used poor judgement, but it wasn’t human trafficking or procuring prostitution with a minor. I read somewhere his side of the story was that he took his 19yr old GF and her 17yr old friend on a vacation out of the Country, that’s the basis of the human trafficking claim. It seems sex was had with these girls and because he paid for the vacation it’s considered prostitution. Again, terrible judgement and possibly a case for sex with a minor ( the 17yr old )

It’s a shame because Gaetz has potential, but a man in his 30’s and in his position should have known better !

do you have a link for that? I haven't heard him admit to sex with a minor. Just that the folks that brought the charges tried to extort money from his family and were caught. But I'm sure that had nothing to do with the actual crime. Just a coincidence.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 18-9-2022 by network dude because: added link

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If any indictment is going to be made it will be after November. Greenberg is scheduled to be sentenced in December, so it sounds like the DOJ finally got everything they could out of him.

And don't forget that Gaetz's ex that has admitted to intimidating one of the witnesses testified before a grand jury earlier this year.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   

How could a random private citizen bring charges against him?

Also, as I mentioned in my OP, they didn't try to extort money from Gaetz's dad until 2021. If the charges originate from there, why did Gaetz ask for a pardon in 2020?

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   

at least you admit the extortion happened.

If Geatz screwed a minor, he should pay the price like anyone would. But it sure looks like a political hit job.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

do you have a link for that? I haven't heard him admit to sex with a minor. Just that the folks that brought the charges tried to extort money from his family and were caught. But I'm sure that had nothing to do with the actual crime. Just a coincidence.

news.yahoo.com...

I’ve been racking my brain trying to remember where I read this ? I’m not sure he actually admitted to having sex with the 17yr old, but it was my impression from reading between the lines, that some sort of threesome may have occurred. It was also my impression that Gaetz felt these girls where trying to extort him because of his Families wealth. Matt reported a net worth of between 500k to 700k in 2022, however he stands to inherit a 25 million dollar Family fortune.

www.thesuperficial.com...

How ever this shakes out, it all started by Gaetz’s using bad judgement, either he got played by 2 teenage girls or he swam in murky waters with two young girls without considering the consequences or optics of that behavior by a US congressman. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth and diminishes his credibility, imo.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

How could a random private citizen bring charges against him?

Also, as I mentioned in my OP, they didn't try to extort money from Gaetz's dad until 2021. If the charges originate from there, why did Gaetz ask for a pardon in 2020?

where did the charges originate from? Did the government just make some stuff up, or did someone complain about something?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join