It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready for the railroad strike

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

My company subcontracts for several of the big railroads and the conductors are the main focus I believe. I’ve heard first hand from a guy I work with whose dad was a conductor.

It was not uncommon for him to get done with his shift and if fortunate he could drive home for a couple hours of sleep to only get called back. He said there were plenty of times where he would get off work get something to eat and get to the hotel to spend a few minutes getting cleaned up lay down for 20 minutes and get a call he was needed back within the next hour.

While I do not work directly with the conductors the other trades I work with are disgruntled manly due to the new sick pay policy and point system. Then there is also talk about moving down to one conductor, which i’m not sure how that would even be safe considering some of the remote locations they can travel through

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Bluntone22

Will the union pay wages during the strike?

When I worked for Boeing Everett factory, there was a strike that lasted a month and no one got paid. Usually there is no wages paid during a strike.

That's too bad. Makes you wonder what Union Dues is for.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Tues 11.29.2022

Now that President Joe Biden has FAILED AGAIN, Nancy Pelosi will have a floor vote tomorrow on whether Congress should stop the impending rail strike, or not.

Source: justthenews.com...

How can Congress FORCE someone to work? Has Communist China been Nancy Pelosi's boss-controller, all along?

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   
its sad seeing how so many fellow Americans act like serfs, slaving away with pride while defending the masters every action no matter how wrong, while attacking anyone who dares to point out the reality and criticizes the master for literal slavery with a different name. so many talk of freedom and rights while supporting abuse, exploitation and slavery, as if just because they were mistreated for so many years and struggled, that somehow everyone else should accept such treatment, as if wanting to be treated like a human being is an unforgivable sin. America the land of slaves, toiling for their masters prosperity while their own prosperity disappears without any notice. just because you have a house and other material goods doesn't mean you're free.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It's just been announced that the unions were able to negotiate a deal with the railroads. Strike averted.

This aged so well!!!

Thank for that!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am so torn over this, I detest unions and think they are well past their sell by date, and fully understand what this will do to the stores in Alaska.

BUT congress has no business passing legislation and mandating they accept the deal.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It was done by FDR and Congress during WWII . Yes , they Can Force the Unions back to Work Under National Security Concerns .

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

It was done by FDR and Congress during WWII . Yes , they Can Force the Unions back to Work Under National Security Concerns .

its plenty illegal even if the government got away with such things in the past, just one of those little things that show how fascist America always was, always puppets to profit and business interests at the expense of the people.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   

What national security concerns?

If the railroads where a national security concern it wouldn't take a union strike to uncover it. So what is it?

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

What national security concerns?

If the railroads where a national security concern it wouldn't take a union strike to uncover it. So what is it?

40 Percent of All Freight is Transported by Railroads . If there were a Strike that Shut Down All Rail Traffic in the U.S. , it Would be Considered a National Emergency .

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If I were the unions striking I would call the governments bluff!!! Send all your thugs and goons and storm troopers and arrrest 200000 people!!! Put them all in jail

Who is going to operate the railroads then?

If I remember correctly didn’t Abraham Lincoln involuntary servitude illegal in 1863?

What does that old unmodern piece of paper say the constitution about this?

13nth amendment

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Is it a crime to not want to work? Not according to the constitution. How can congress use the railroad labor act of 1930 to arrest people ? How can they be forced back to work before they have a trial and are convicted by a jury of their peers? This is like a constitutional lawyers dream
How can congress arrest people? They don’t have that power. They aren’t law enforcement.

edit on 29-11-2022 by Brassmonkey because: Grammatical

edit on 29-11-2022 by Brassmonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2022 by Brassmonkey because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Doesn’t that violate the 13nth amendment?

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   
A rail strike will do serious damage to US economy and that means it's citizens.

They can strike if they want after we recover from what is going on presently.

So, lets see if Biden can strap on a set of Reagan's balls and handle the railroad like Ronald did with the ATC's in August 1981.

People that already have jobs should not be able to make a bad situation unbearable.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The democrat controlled house and the democrat controlled senate are going after labor.

Read that again

These workers are getting # on
Now the democrat controlled congress is going to make them eat that #

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Fox is reporting house passes Biden bill to block the strike.

Congrats unions you got what you voted for.

I was actually mildly sympathetic, it's not like they forced this now it's just bad luck the contract ran out now.

Still don't like unions but no paid sick time in a job like most rail workers have Is rough.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey
Doesn’t that violate the 13nth amendment?

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

[/quote

Possibly , but the Office of President does have Emergency Powers . The SCOTUS Needs to Weigh in on this Issue .

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

All Democrats voted in favor of giving rail workers paid sick leave. Only 3 Republicans voted in favor of it.

Who is it that's trying to s*** on these workers?

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Excuses for telling those workers that said no to suck it up, not very supportive of the unions.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
1 day

Lol
For you to pretend it’s ok for congress to negotiate for workers is disgraceful.

If the dems valued their voters they would not have sold them down the river.

Remember unions, your votes don’t count for #.

edit on 30/11/2022 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

a reply to: Bluntone22

Will the union pay wages during the strike?

When I worked for Boeing Everett factory, there was a strike that lasted a month and no one got paid. Usually there is no wages paid during a strike.

That's too bad. Makes you wonder what Union Dues is for.

Union dues are for making union president's lifestyles lavish when they skim that delicious cash, like IAM local 751 Tom Baker did back in 1990.

Hundreds of union presidents have embezzled with no end in sight. One recent union president used to be Homeland security/ICE boss got caught embezzling from his union too.

It's clown world out there in Union/racketeer world. They might help get people better pay and benies, but they want their "the big guy" cut as well.

edit on 30-11-2022 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join