It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digimon episode "Digimon World Tour, Part One"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I know that many of you still remember watching Digimon as pre-teen kids or teenagers, but in some scenes from Digimon Adventure 02 episode Digimon World Tour, Part One, David and Mimi team up with several American Digidestined --- Michael, Lou, Phil, Maria, et cetera --- to battle rogue Digimon in New York City's Central Park. Given that Lou is a Native American and Phil is an African American, Davis, Mimi, and Michael don't dare issue racial slurs at Phil and Lou by calling Lou a redskin or Phil a 'n-word', and they also don't talk to them about Hitler, slavery, or the Ku Klux Klan, because Davis is very self-conscious of the fact that his native Japan was on the side of the genocidal Nazi regime in World War II and that the Digimon Emperor's treatment of Digimon is as despicable as the way the white-skinned slave owners treated black slaves in the Deep South, and Michael knows that his country was founded upon the "all men are created equal" credo.

Link:
digimon.fandom.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Potlatch

Digimon was an entertaining show 20+ years ago. I'm not sure how you B-lined into commentary about racial slurs, Hitler, and Japan's history (?) lol

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Digimon was an entertaining show 20+ years ago. I'm not sure how you B-lined into commentary about racial slurs, Hitler, and Japan's history (?) lol

The American Digidestined Lou and Phil have a different skin color than Davis, Mimi, or Michael, and New York City has a sizable black population. That's why David, Mimi, and Michael don't dare hurt Louis and Phil's feelings by bring up racist topics and issuing racial slurs at them.
edit on 11-9-2022 by Potlatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yeah....cause that's what White people do, right ?

*eyeroll*

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Or maybe they don’t because it’s a kids cartoon?? It has NOTHING to do with the story? Not every freaking thing needs looking into for racial reasons. This is some real life CRT right here!

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlecHolland
Or maybe they don’t because it’s a kids cartoon?? It has NOTHING to do with the story? Not every freaking thing needs looking into for racial reasons. This is some real life CRT right here!

There are some American Digidestined who are of a different race than Michael and Willis, but Digimon steers clear of racial or religious overtones. The episode My Sister's Keeper does, however, contain a minor religious overtone because when Tai is in a church, he confesses the personal sin of having taken Kari out to play soccer not knowing that she was sick.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Potlatch

originally posted by: FamCore

The American Digidestined Lou and Phil have a different skin color than Davis, Mimi, or Michael, and New York City has a sizable black population. That's why David, Mimi, and Michael don't dare hurt Louis and Phil's feelings by bring up racist topics and issuing racial slurs at them.

They want their fictional characters to be relatable to audiences of different ethnic persuasions so they are more likely to buy Chinese crap. It's all about the merchandising.

new topics

top topics

join