It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery as private plane crashes into Baltic Sea

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: vNex92

It wasn’t engine, or they wouldn’t have remained at altitude, and the same airspeed.

Engine blead valve failure?

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I’m betting a seal went bad. Either around a door, or a bleed air seal. Could be the valve too. Whatever it was, it happened slowly.
edit on 9/6/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
They never found the exact cause of Stewart's crash.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's a shame breath sensors are late in their effectiveness. And by time they detect a drop in O2 levels everyone already has hypoxia.

Reminds me of Helios 522.

Citation is an awesome popular plane though. Appealling for the Mach .92 cruise speed. Was or still is the fastest civilian plane. Most common (non commercial) one I see landing at the airport.

Was it an X variant?

Flown one in a simulator many times and you can safely do the most insane takeoffs. Really fun takeoff roll. Beyond your John Wayne noise reduction takeoff. And then after safety rolling out at 25° you have a climb rate of 3600 FPM.

They're almost too fast and sporty. I could see them attracting inexperience fresh off dual engine certification. I want one from Microsoft flight simulator alone.

If only I had 20 million.
edit on 6-9-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

The new Global family, and Gulfstream family are faster now. They'll easily hit 0.98, and can be pushed to 0.99.

This one was a Citation II/SP.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
They found eleven pieces of the aircraft, including seats and human remains yesterday. The remains were transported to Ventspils in by the Latvian Navy. On board were Karl-Peter Griesemann (pilot), his wife Juliane, their daughter Lisa (also a pilot), and her boyfriend Paul.

Just before contact was lost, a pressure problem was reported, while the aircraft was at 36,000 feet.
edit on 9/6/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

My facts are dated.

Wow on the Gulfstream G700 and Global 8000.

Got a few new mods to look into. Beautiful flight deck on the g700.

My question is how fast will they allow civilian jets to get, and will there be subsequent "supersonic" certification at some point. Or will it be the same 15-20 hours with an instructor to get signed off on the rating when Mach 1.3 is common civilian aviation speeds.

Though not much difference at cruise between mach .95 and 1.35 it still seems like pilots should be required more to buy and then fly the only non-military supersonic jets in the sky.
edit on 6-9-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: nvm

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

The problem isn't the aircraft, it's the training. As soon as they saw there was a pressurization problem they should have descended.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join