It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Collective Dream for the Future

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
A Collective Dream for the Future

Humanity is poised on the edge of the unknown. Though there are some who believe they know what lies in store (indeed, some who believe they can direct the course), no man can foresee the future.

This is a vibrant, creative, liminal space. No previous generation of man has had the vantage point, the vision, the potential as we. Let’s change the direction of our thinking and create the future we dream of.

What’s your dream for the future of mankind? What kind of world do you want to shape for the youth, what legacy leave behind?

In my dream, the future holds far fewer pollutants, there is a cultural shift which leads people to reconnect with the land, to put as much into the earth as they take out. The waters are no longer littered with carelessly disposed of trash, with chemicals, with pharmaceuticals. Most of this filth has been rendered obsolete, as are plastics --glass, paper, and wood retake the packaging industry.

There is a return to community and craftsmanship, and childrens’ talents are encouraged and supported through innovative approaches to hands-on education. Technology is used for education and not war. Kids and young adults are creating ideas, innovations, and crafts, not “content.”

Intelligence, strength, and beauty are valued, but not hailed as virtues. Genetic blessings are appreciated, but acknowledged as unearned gifts. Virtues such as selflessness, generosity, patience, humility, industriousness, joy, perseverance, wisdom, and discipline are given top honor.

Art, cuisine, architecture, philosophy, mathematics, astronomy, biology, medicine, and religion are valued highly, as is every individual’s unique contribution to the community. Those who practice religion do so quietly, so the right hand doesn’t know what the left is doing. No one feels compelled into any belief. Absolute freedom in every way, barring direct harm to others, is cornerstone to society. The worst transgressors of the law face either a penalty imposed by the victim, (overruled by a community elected judge if it oversteps bounds of do no harm) or exile. Small transgressions are dealt with compassion, with understanding, and a commitment to righting wrongs. Militia is for self defense (from any outsiders who elect not to live in such communities) only.

Mankind realizes a greater potential collectively. It makes tremendous strides in understanding our nature, our ability to channel existing but rarely used talents in the fields of communication (telepathy and sensory abilities beyond the 5 most commonly used) and creative force which runs through us not from us. Technology and a return to nature meld together in a renaissance never conceived even in the most brilliant and optimistic minds. We become stewards of the land once again, with more tools at our disposal than ever. People discover ways to communicate with the flora and fauna in wondrous ways. Cities, when rebuilt, incorporate gardens and forests and wildlife seamlessly. Like-minded cities are connected not only in beliefs, but in innovative ways to intertravel. Freedom from the yoke of the elite imposed serfdom and intelligent application of technology has revolutionized travel.

Life is good in my future dream.

Anyone want to share theirs with the collective?

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
stuff gets worse
Christians are raptured
non-Christians celebrate
stuff gets even worse
a super leader comes along and promises to fix things.
things get better. then they get worser.
Satan rebels against God, gets kicked out of Heaven, and lands on Earth. things get worse.
things get really bad. Jesus comes back, removes the bad guys, restores the good guys. things are great.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Could be, or could be another false Armageddon. (no man knows the time, remember) In the case of the former, it's been written and therefore no human input/direction is needed. In the latter situation, we are responsible (at least in part) for directing the path of our future generations, which will take thought and effort on our part.
edit on 4-9-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Could be, or could be another false Armageddon. (no man knows the time, remember) In the case of the former, it's been written and therefore no human input/direction is needed. In the latter situation, we are responsible (at least in part) for directing the path of our future generations, which will take thought and effort on our part.

well said.
none of us can control 'the future' but each of us can make things better in our own little circles.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

originally posted by: zosimov

none of us can control 'the future' but each of us can make things better in our own little circles.

I really like how you put this. This is so important to remember. According to my beliefs, we were put here as stewards--to care for and respect the life here-- and to love our "neighbors." All this falls into your quote above.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
In reply to: zosimov

"What’s your dream for the future of mankind? What kind of world do you want to shape for the youth, what legacy leave behind?"

I would like for the youth of today to live as good of a life as us old "Boomers" had. I fear that is not to be.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
stuff gets worse
Christians are raptured
non-Christians celebrate
stuff gets even worse
a super leader comes along and promises to fix things.
things get better. then they get worser.
Satan rebels against God, gets kicked out of Heaven, and lands on Earth. things get worse.
things get really bad. Jesus comes back, removes the bad guys, restores the good guys. things are great.

Yep... something like this. Rapture timing could be pre or mid though.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Z. I would share your vision and wish it possible, have wished it possible for a long long time. One small problem though, that collective you speak of? Yeah it's also filled with narratives that hold with the story-line laid out in the second post of this thread. It's nice to dream but sorry, if you ask me, which of course you have, that's all it will be, a dream. At least on this plane of consciousness anyway.

edit on 30America/ChicagoSun, 04 Sep 2022 12:35:24 -0500Sun, 04 Sep 2022 12:35:24 -050022092022-09-04T12:35:24-05:001200000035 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: whiteboyrick

I agree with your sentiment regarding affording our youth with as good a life (or better) than that I lived.

I also share some of your fears regarding the current course we're headed.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yes, just a dream to counter the dystopic nightmare transhumanists, technocrats and dictators etc have in mind.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the beliefs outlined in this thread being held by community members, so long as none of these beliefs are used to do any harm.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

With no intent to ruffle any feathers here Z, your vision seems to me very similar to much of the old,call it, ''hippie new age'' hopes from back then. And again for the sake of discussion, your wish sounds so familiar and to that end I took some of the post and googled it. And you know what it came up with?

sdgs.un.org...

So, other than how, as stated, each are so similar, how would you develop the wonderful collective dream you put together as opposed to the wonderful dream laid out in Agenda 30?

It seems to me that the one you propose would need to be people driven, kind of a grass roots evolution as opposed to the top down orchestrated one attributed to Agenda 30. But seeing as the first is not likely to happen, there are those who DO have the power to at least attempt to bring it about, I can understand why they might feel the necessity to make that attempt. But that of course is if and only if they really believe in the preambles that have been written, though honestly I do not think that is the case.

And please do not take this as a snub or a rebuttal, I would be interested in hearing what you have to say on this...

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Anyone want to share theirs with the collective?

Nah.

Yours sounds good to me.

I would love to know how do we get from here to there.

There seems to be no more sense of a community identity.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I try not to be a Debbie Downer but I think it depends on the dream. There's a few collectives and I don't share with all of them. Putin has dreams and people who support him have dreams but I won't be sharing my thoughts and emotions with such negativity.

We obviously invest in our dreams and our future too, for good and for bad... That's influence upon the future and the hard cold reality is non of us know what it has in store for us. It could be we are oh so wrong and our oppositions are oh so right! It could be we're all screwed with various levels of torque about to mangle us beyond belief. Non of us know.

I do know feelings though, I know it's hard to forgive but it's easier to forgive than forget short of a few blows to the head... Which is where it all inevitably leads when we don't knock it off.

Dreams are not necessarily solutions. I'd have to find like-minded dreamers and I guess at times I have. Even then I still had to build the normal human relationships, build the trust, share the dreams and the hopes and hope there's a level of cohesion to succeed.

Not to be negative but too many travel large portions of their life just figuring out the basics of that stuff on an individual level and are still found highly wanting. It's a whole different ball game tying those strings together into threads then a cloth.

There's plenty of clothes to choose from, made to fit and you'll be inherited into a tribe just by wearing it!

So yeah, knowing where I've came from kind of governs where I want to be. Failing self-fulfillment, I've evolved a position that it might be morally wrong to change the environment before I change myself. That might be some mental gymnastics but I can't change leaders, parents, teachers and individuals and frankly I'd rather power lift thoughts than try.

Love, lust, faith and dreams. Was the talking points when I tried to go over things like this with a friend once. It's also the nane of a 30 seconds from Mars album... People mistake the hell out of those words you know? They really do.

Dreams: Mine involve me being unburdened by thought, always acting and always doing... Even in the bad dreams but they're never nightmares because there's never inaction.

Faith: I always believed the dream will be reality via humanity. The stars brought comfort in that maybe I'm not alone, churches made me realise they weren't alone and working with others I realised for a second I wasn't alone.

Lust: Like a dog chasing it's own tail I'm sometimes too dizzy to realise all I ever really want is to be free yet it's only ever temporary. It's always temporary.

Love: They say deeds speak louder than words but we never get remembered for the things we didn't do. To bring it back to my opening paragraph and to steal a quote from meatloaf... I would do anything for love, but I won't do that.

The future is certain. Non of us make it out alive!

In the here and now a little honesty, integrity and kindness wouldn't go amiss. The basics more than cover cohesion usually! Our dreams are similar they're just perceived differently.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I'd be interested in which part you googled, and which words come up with that match. Aside from a few key words these two visions hardly fit (imo). In particular the part about elective participation in this society.

But I own the hippie stuff; I've definitely been accused by close friends of being hippieish

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Lovely post, Ray

I kinda miss the avatar; but the spare look lets the words speak for themselves, which is admirable too.

Good to see you, and thanks for the input!!

I especially loved here where you broke some beliefs down:

Dreams: Mine involve me being unburdened by thought, always acting and always doing... Even in the bad dreams but they're never nightmares because there's never inaction.

Faith: I always believed the dream will be reality via humanity. The stars brought comfort in that maybe I'm not alone, churches made me realise they weren't alone and working with others I realised for a second I wasn't alone.

Lust: Like a dog chasing it's own tail I'm sometimes too dizzy to realise all I ever really want is to be free yet it's only ever temporary. It's always temporary.

Love: They say deeds speak louder than words but we never get remembered for the things we didn't do. To bring it back to my opening paragraph and to steal a quote from meatloaf... I would do anything for love, but I won't do that.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Glad we share the same vision. I do think small steps can surely be taken in the right direction and having hope for the future is paramount

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

We are lacking in a collective spirit of humanity.

A place where we draw inspiration from for the betterment of all.

We need a positive, creative awareness unburdened by the constraints of any oppressive system or ideology.

And the brainwashing has to stop.

edit on 4-9-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
all civilizations of humans on Earth should redirect their focus towards the vast amount of heat/energy... minerals/elements in the vast resource pool under the Planets' outer crust

~the untapped Mantel layers of molten metals, ores, precious elements too
~the Core & outer Core can provide alternative navigation-propulsion to captain the Rogue-Planet Earth to nearby solar systems
~we can then model our magnetic field to contain the atmosphere which free-floats into space in wee amounts as we speak

lets build-back-better together
edit on th30166232882804002022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You're too kind! I do speak from the heart although I'm sure that translates as bs for many too!

I'm glad you quoted that, I can try and define those words 1000 times more and still come up short but in the process I noticed a circular motion between destinations and it wasn't just my path... Sometimes we're never alone, sometimes we're just misunderstood.

Which is a conundrum to me when I access the realm of thought. We are no masters of communication despite all our advances. Talking heads on a road to nowhere, damn that songs been stuck with me... Anyways I guess what I'm saying is maybe the kids are supposed to be wild and the adults should back off?

Seems to me another angle is every generation wanted to imprint things a little different. We can blab on about the hopes of mankind, the virtues of existence but in the end even the sage is made to look like a fool when he never raised kids and you stick him in a noisy nursery.

Maybe I'm failing to communicate that again... I know I'm drifting into musings lol. As always good headspace stuff!

P.s working on replacing the avatar, I had a few nautical ones thanks to lovely ATS members!

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

For sure z, the implementation aspect as described was not addressed by you but what I googled was just a paragraph or two from within your text. Can't remember which. But that implementation part always seems to be the stickler anyway. Your ''dream'' paints a pretty picture, which was what I was trying to agree with but the thing is is that that Agenda 30 also was written with a lot of pretty stuff as well. In a way like that old 70s feel good code called Desiderata. Not so much in the specifics but more just the over all feel .

And really, it's not ''hippie stuff'' though that is how I couched it. It really is a nice draw up of a sustainable world, and that is what we should all be about at this point I think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join