It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Painful To Watch’: Viewers Hate ‘Lord Of The Rings: Rings Of Power

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I could only watch about ten maybe fifteen minutes and the reasons are too numerous to list.

What I found interesting is that after I shut the series down and went to look at the 'reviews' there was only one review. I looked again today a week later and there were none.

Tells you a lot about amazon.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Just watched a review... I am not big on the lore before the Hobbit but this guy goes into some of the same issues I identified.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I'm not usually one for fantasy, but I have a healthy appreciation for Tolkien and his influence on fantasy as we know it. I thoroughly enjoy Jackson's LOTR trilogy, and was never bored at all watching his movies. In comparison, "Rings of Power" felt like a fan-made show featuring cosplayers who made up with enthusiasm what they lacked in talent.

There are some decent actors cast in the series. I imagine they did the best they could with what they were given. Unfortunately what they were given was a really bad script. "Rings" never felt like Middle Earth. It felt like a fantasy world somewhere else, and not one I'd particularly care to spend a lot of time in. Some of the names and places were familiar to me, but only in name. Those I recognized by visual cues looked like rip-offs.

"Rings" feels sort of like "Diet LOTR," or "LOTR La Croix," where the story has been touched by the essence of a quiet whisper from a memory of LOTR. You can tell they were riffing off of Jackson's work, but they weren't doing it successfully. I bailed about one and a half episodes in. I just couldn't justify spending my time watching it when there were better things to do, like picking the lint out of my navel.

I could go into a deeper critique of why the show failed so spectacularly, but I can't be bothered. Like I said, I have more important things to do, and the length of this post is all I really care to commit to it.

<< 1   >>

join