It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange multiple duplicate entry bug in MyATS thread list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
A thread in MyATS thread list appears four times, which is unusual because I've never ever seen a thread appear more than once there.

This is a link to the thread:

Pope orders all assets moved to Vatican Bank by Sept 30

Here is how it appears on MyATS, with identical links appearing four times in a row:

Those four links (Pope orders all assets moved...) all point to the link above followed by #lastPost

One question that comes up with a bug is, can it be duplicated? So if someone else subscribes to that thread, are you also seeing it appear multiple times in your MyATS list? If not, then maybe it's a strange bug on my end. If so, then maybe it's a strange bug with the ATS database.

It's certainly not a major issue by itself, I only report it because it could be a sign of larger problems, perhaps like the photos of Miami's Champlain Towers South condo taken two days before it collapsed which seemed to show some minor damage to the concrete. If it's just a one-time cosmetic thing, I'm sure it requires no action, but if it's a sign of a larger problem, maybe it does. I have no idea which might be the case, I'm just offering the information in case someone wants to look into it in case it might be a sign of a larger problem.

edit on 202292 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I just subscribed to the thread (Win10 + Chrome) and I'm only seeing one instance in MyATS... also on Android phone, too.

I saw you didn't reply in the thread, so that can't have anything to do with the problem.

What O.S. and browser are you using?

edit on 2/9/2022 by Encia22 because: Too much red wine.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That's definitely a new quirk of some kind. Even when a thread gets many replies. I've never seen it show more than one entry in MyATS.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

It's recently happened to me for other threads. Did you make a "double post"? I think that was what happened whenever I had the duplicate subscribed threads.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Never saw that happen before, but I had a similar problem with duplicate forums, as I have two instances of staff forum on the myATS page. I tried to remove it from the list and add it again and it reappeared duplicated.

Edited to add that I tried doing it again and it worked, after removing the forum from my favourites and adding it again now it shows only once.
Did you try something like this with that thread?

Edited again to say that when I moved the forum to a different position on the myATS page, a second version appeared, so that forum now appears twice again.

edit on 2/9/2022 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join