It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gable Film - Was It Really a Hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have always suspected that the so-called claim and "evidence" that the film was hoaxed was mere framework added/attached to something very weird that did occur and has never been explained in a satisfactory manner. Further, Monster Quest seemed to go out of its way to debunk the film. The burden of proof is often on the one submitting the film. In this instance, the claim that it was hoaxed and the person attributed to the hoax, the suit, the receipts and all of that, its all fine. For me, the burden of proof is on the alleged hoaxer. Now go out and do it again exactly as depicted in the clip, with the explosive back-footed launch, the stance, the almost shape-shift-like quality as the ground was quickly covered. Do that again!

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffTannen

Can you provide a link as to the film you are talking about?
Not familiar with it.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It was a hoax. It was a guy running on all fours with a suit/mask.
edit on 9/2/2022 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Was that the one with father and son, kind of looked like a werewolf started running towards them? Yep was hoaxed by that guy, he even admitted making it and how.
He made it appear more real by strafing left and right a couple times. If it had actually been real then no one would have ever seen a video of it.
edit on 2-9-2022 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: eta

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Was that the one with father and son, kind of looked like a werewolf started running towards them? Yep was hoaxed by that guy, he even admitted making it and how.
He made it appear more real by strafing left and right a couple times. If it had actually been real then no one would have ever seen a video of it.

Yeah, a guy put on a ghillie suit and some kind of werewolf mask and ran on all fours for a couple seconds.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

This ?

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Not to these eyes. The athletic prowess required, and the explosive nature of the sudden shift in movement does not suggest a man in a suit. Sorry. I'm not so easily convinced. There is almost a shapeshift sort of quality to the subject as it darts towards the camera.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yeah, a guy put on a ghillie suit and some kind of werewolf mask and ran on all fours for a couple seconds.

That's over simplified and not descriptive of the nature of the subject in the film. All one has to do is cry "fake" and just like that, case closed. Just watch the footage. Its a little more unnerving than a dude in a mask and suit.

The claim of hoax isn't enough for some. Prove it. Lets see another try by the supposed claimants.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

This ?

Yes

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   

What convinced you it was a hoax? You've chosen to believe the claim that it was. Please explain.

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiffTannen

Not to these eyes. The athletic prowess required, and the explosive nature of the sudden shift in movement does not suggest a man in a suit. Sorry. I'm not so easily convinced. There is almost a shapeshift sort of quality to the subject as it darts towards the camera.

That did not happen, there was no 'explosive' shift in movement.
The 'almost' shapeshift of quality is the gillie suit moving on the subject.

The only athletic prowess required is the ability to bend over and run on all fours.

For these reasons i say its fake

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 06:16 AM
link   

What convinced you it was a hoax? You've chosen to believe the claim that it was. Please explain.
It's impossible to prove that it's just a man running on all fours, but that sure is exactly what it looks like.

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

That did not happen, there was no 'explosive' shift in movement.
The 'almost' shapeshift of quality is the gillie suit moving on the subject.

The only athletic prowess required is the ability to bend over and run on all fours.

For these reasons i say its fake

Oh, but it did happen. I have more problem believing that it is a man in a ghillie suit able to move like that than I do with the highly suspect framework of the PG film, which I also very much keep going back to. The entire launch suggests something more to me than some guy looking to perp a hoax. And why go to all that trouble only to later fess up? I realize I am out on a limb, but I cannot shake the feel to the Gable vid, and, I am not so easily swayed just because some points are made, suit, pickup, etc.

If I am wrong, how many takes were required. How much expense?

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Looks more like a bear to me.

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i think the dog would have known if

something was out there.

the dog seemed calm enough, like it knew what's been in the area.

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It appears to me to be a hoax. This is the Monsterquest episode mentioned in the OP. Start watching from the 36 min mark. The film maker explains everything; the suit, the vehicles, the why and how. I think he covers the "burden of proof" pretty well.

edit on 3-9-2022 by Dapaga because: added a little more info

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Go to 4:20 in this video. You can watch the guy wearing the ghillie suit and running in the exact same way as in the video.

new topics

top topics

join