It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 Years Married -A Beautiful Wife a Beautiful Life

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Well, coming up on our 24th wedding anniversary. I was married when I was young, in my early 20’s, so I have now been alive longer with my wife in this life, than I have without her. We’ve been through rough patches, I am sure like all the rest. And it has been a beautiful ride with my wife the whole way. She was the one that stuck by my side when I went through some horrible slander that cost me a lot of friends, and even a lost worse. And when I succumbed to the bottle for a number of years, she still remained by my side. She was my support when I needed it the most, and was always on my side, helping me through it all. I know God is there with me, and he sure has used her to keep me afloat.

Was up tonight thinking about what to do for our anniversary and made a little video. She’s looking better at almost 50 years old now, than she did at 20.

I remember during our wedding talk, the elder giving it said they had interviewed a married couple for over 50 years and asked them what was their secret. She said the wife said that on their wedding day she said she was going to keep a list of 10 things she would always forgive her husband for. And she never wrote down a list so whenever he was a dufus she would say, welp that was one of the things on the list and would forgive him. I’ve kept those words of wisdom close to my heart even all these years later. They go by in a blink of an eye. I still remember our first child being born as if it was yesterday and now he is grown and has a fiancé of his own. We’re planning his wedding for next April.

I told my wife I was making a video she gave me permission, she doesn’t know what it is for yet. But she doesn’t mind me uploading this to YouTube I’m going to share it with her later. I think I’m in it somewhere too.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Beautiful story, beautiful wife, beautiful footage & stills. Happy Anniversary, Y’all!

You look a little doofy 😁 but, hey, maybe it’s because you’re love struck (rightly so) and besides it gives the rest of us doofs hope too.

Thanks for sharing your joy with us. I’m pretty sure your wife will love the vid, Brother Random.
edit on 29-8-2022 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Congrats on 24 years.

Cheers to many more.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

CONGRATS...and Happy Anniversary to you both.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Congrats Bro!

Are you sure she still only has 10 things on that list? haha

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Congratulations!
Almost 28 happy years myself..

26 for me, 2 for her.....😂

I kid...

It's felt like only 28 minutes....

Underwater....

Oh, stop me now!

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Congratulations to you both!

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Congrats - and best wishes for many more!
The wife and I just rolled past 35 years last month

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   

What a great video! Beautiful scenery and wife-bonus points that she looks so happy. You must be doing something right!

Happy Anniversary to you both!

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   
congrats! 31 for me. We have gone from dirt poor, to almost smashing the glass ceiling of middle class, back to comfortably numb and happy. We did it together, and at this point, neither of us could make it on the outside. so we spend our time together, laughing, smiling, and making sure I have someone to wash my under ware.

Enjoy every minute!

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That is really sweet and heart warming, but you do like so many go on about looks and not personality.
Congratulations I hope you will make many more anniversaries together!

Many ugly humans and they are loved and marry too. Do we love those who do not remain beautiful> My daughter in-law inherited very bad skin and as she aged she lost her looks but she is still as wonderful and as loved as always.

We watched this old movie last night, great movie, It tells that kind of story.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
In Texas your first marriage is considered practice.

Congrats on getting it right the first time.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Beautiful video!
Happy anniversary!

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Makes me happy to read this, congratulations to the 24th

You are both just one year away from what we call "silver wedding". Fifty years is "golden wedding", then you're in the 70s but that's not too old today.

Its not about collecting points though, just wanted to point this out.

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Congratulations to you both! It was 25 years of happiness my wife and I had, then we got married!

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yes, your wife is beautiful! Cute video.

Happy anniversary!

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thank you for your kind comments. Sorry have not logged in in awhile to reply to them all. Been busy with a plot of land recently purchased getting ready to build a house. It's nice to see I'm in good company with people that still cherish the marriage union, and have remained with their partners.

new topics

top topics

join