It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Morse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I read a lot on ATS. I post on occasion. I create threads relatively rarely. But I learned something today.

Robert Morse, the actor, passed away April of this year. If I had seen a thread about this, I would have replied. The ATS search function, well, never mind.

Robert Morse was a true Hollywood gem. I considered him to be a "niche" actor. A man who was perfect in certain roles. I wouldn't have cast him as Conan or Sherlock Holmes, but if you needed a talented actor who could sing, dance, and do comedy, he was money in the bank.

I was surprised to learn that his career spanned from 1954 to 2021. I have a lot of catching up to do.

For anyone who is not familiar with his work, I would highly recommend you beg, borrow, or steal a copy of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" and "A Guide for the Married Man" with Walter Matthau.

I guarantee both movies will give you a laugh, or you money back.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

il watch those movies but only if they have a happy ending

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 03:37 AM
link   
He shined in the second half of his career in Mad Men as the part owner of the ad firm. I thought he died during the series which ended in 2015. I thought the show had an after the show memorial for him. Even though he just died, I'm sticking with that. This is a conspiracy site, right.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

Yeah, the guy sure did die a lot. I remember the "in memorium" of Robert Morse at the end of Mad Men, too.

And "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" is a classic ... though it hasn't aged well in some regards and juuust might be regarded as a wee bit sexist, now, but it's a funny musical and worth a watch... if not looking for edgy, intellectual angst.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

If you haven't seen it, you should check out A Guide for the Married Man. Not sexist at all. Trust me.

new topics

top topics

join