It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice Glitch Found: Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64: See-Thru Wall Behind Waterfall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well I found this glitch on my own, and despite probably millions of other people, probably finding it too: At a glance, I don't see it posted online yet.

Quite simply, you can see-through the wall, under the new-waterfall... which appears after Link gets older (after the 1st 3 dungeons). The new waterfall on the left side of the castle.

Under the falls, there's a glitchy slanted floor which lets Link partially push through the wall: Just hold Up on the D-pad (or thumbstick) for Link to push INTO the wall, repeatedly, the screen will shake a bit (including Link's character model shaking out-of-place, a bit).

During that glitchy shaking, push the C "Up" button, the one to look through Link's eyes. It's a random shot if you catch him at the right spot, but if you do, his eyes will be able to look through the wall. Looking up and down can help see through. I also successfully used a somersault into the wall, one time, to get the best view of all.

But like I said, it's a bit random to catch him at a good position for actually seeing through, from a great perspective. I was messing around with this, a little bit in my freetime, for like a week, before I got the great clear shot of Death Mountain floating in the sky.

My vid includes the sun rising up under the floating Death Mountain, and also, the moon suddenly appearing in the sky, when the wolf howls. Also: During the night, I caught the sun floating UNDERWATER, under the stream.

Also the skybox is actually a BOX, a rectangular box with 3 visible edges (like being inside a shoebox). That was a surprise for me because I was initially interpreting the skybox as probably a flat 2D plane, which was warped in a curve around the sky, I expected. But nope, it's a rectangular skybox.

While the moon suddenly materializes when the wolf howls, the sun seems to exist during the entire day/night cycle. It seems to just make a full journey around the rectangular skybox, and there's an empty black void that the sun also crosses, in the middle of the 3-sided shoebox skybox.

Also: Nice call-back to the ORIGINAL Legend of Zelda on NES, there was a waterfall that Link could go through to find a secret cave.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Also funny enough, in the video, right after I mentioned how there's no ripple over the surface... Next, there actually IS a ripple that happens, but I just didn't realize it, at the time. It was very close-up, so it wasn't very clear or obvious.

The ripple happens at about 5:52 or 5:53, right after I say, "That's not happening at the moment, unfortunately." Then a ripple DOES happen.

...Gotta say that it seems kinda magic... lol. I was looking for a ripple, and trying to make it happen, and explaining it... and then I actually DID make it happen, but just without seeing it, till much later.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesChessman

If you pull out one side of the cartridge just a hair it let's you glitch through locked doors. You can go staright to Ganon at the end, glitch through the doors and beat him before you even get the first sword.

join