It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1970, Brazil - Eight people see two occupants in a UFO land on the surface of the Atlantic Ocean

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This incident was witnessed by at least eight people. One of the witnesses was an official of the Brazilian Federal Police.

A very interesting aspect of this incident is that the UFO released a 'hoop' and a moving 'yellow ball', then a police rescue boat collected an object from the water.

All of the adult witnesses were interviewed by Dr Walter Buhler and published in Flying Saucer Review:

Flying Saucer Review

waterufo.net....

This incident, which took place in broad daylight, at 11:40 a.m. on June 27, 1970, is notable because it was certainly observed by, at least eight witnesses, and because it illustrates graphically how, the UFOs, are approaching ever closer to our densely populated urban centres. A great metallic disc came down on the surface of the South Atlantic Ocean, not much more than 500 metres or so from the Avenida Niemeyer, a famous coastal road, cut out of the cliffs, which affords a beautiful view over the, sea and runs in a south-westerly direction from the Rio de Janeiro suburb of Leblon.

The disc remained on the surface of the water for half an hour, and two crewmen were seen inside it, wearing helmets and bright grayish aluminum-colored garments resembling the garb of our astronauts. When the disc took off, it left behind it on the sea a sort of ring or hoop which had apparently served some function, perhaps as a float or stabilizer on which it had rested.

On the area of sea where it had rested there was a “white, hooped-shaped object, of the size of a trunk or a chest” (Dona Maria Nazaré’s own description). After a short while this “hoop” sank. Then it reappeared, and from it there separated off a yellow, oval-shaped object the diameter of which, across its widest point, was approximately 40 centimetres, and which was floating with about 20 centimetres projecting above the surface of the water.

edit on 25-8-2022 by SilverMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverMask

Very interesting. I did not know about this case.

I wonder how clear the occupants of the craft really were at more than a quarter mile away through I am guessing a window of some kind?

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   

You've only been a member a day and started with a very interesting article that I don't think I've read before.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Axios

When the saucer took off it turned transparent and they could see the two small humanoids sitting inside the craft

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Suppose the yellow thingamabob may have simply been a water buoy.

Interesting thread all the same.

edit on 25-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Fascinating story, the description of the craft and the floatation device makes me think it was a man made object.
Perhaps from a different time, impossible to say if time travel devices will be a thing in the future.. how long time into the future does not matter for obvious reasons.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
No one saw the mistake....so I call BS....

The Atlantic Ocean does not touch the shores of Brazil....the Gulf of Mexico does....

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Brazil is way south of the Gulf of Mexico

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

South Atlantic off Rio De Janeiro.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Axios

Very interesting. I did not know about this case.

I wonder how clear the occupants of the craft really were at more than a quarter mile away through I am guessing a window of some kind?

Binoculars/Telescopes.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

The Atlantic Ocean does not touch the shores of Brazil....the Gulf of Mexico does....

Funniest thing I've read on ATS for a long time.....and I've read some FUNNY stuff over the years.
That can't be a typo or a simple mistake just way, way off the mark.....about 2000miles off the mark.

Let me guess, its The Mandela Effect......somebody moved Brazil?

Interesting account nonetheless and one I'm unfamiliar with.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Sounds like the thing they left behind was a marker of some sort, maybe to come back to that point at a future date or mapping some underwater or subterranean structure that's always been there? The more of these stories I read the more I am convinced that the flat earth theory is real ( and there is an ice wall with other continents on it) or that the "ufos'" we are seeing are actually other humans from another dimension checking in on this screwed up version of humans. Fun to ponder on!

Stay open-minded and this world is full of wonders!

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: HUBE007

The world is not flat HUBE007.

She's an oblate spheroid.

Flat Earth theory has been debunked and discredited so many times its laughable.

And there have been many experiments observations and demonstrations that have proved the curvature of our Earth time and time again.

edit on 25-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

it moved AGAINST the current and made a sharp right angle turn..............

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

So maybe something under the water was tugging or pulling on the buoys pin anchors?

It's just speculation mate, i don't know if it was a buoy, might have been anything from floating debris to ball lightning.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I think sightings of UFOs that involve human like figures diminish the possibility that it's aliens. It could be alien tech I suppose but it's more likely advanced prototypes that are years ahead of what we use just now.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

even if they have grey skin. big black eyes and about 4 foot tall?

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Ever seen a junkie or a crackhead scuttling about in the shadows?

Coz they tick that box also, just saying.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

sounds like you

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Well that's not very nice.

Who stole the Jam out of your Doughnut?

Sounds like you should possibly read the TnC.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join