It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is God so VEIN?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: godsovein
Dude be uptight. He be like mad trash talking all the other "gods", that were around up until then.

This um thing I guess, actually went and created the ultimate pit of eternal suffering sort of destination thingie, even more elaborately extravagant than we could comprehend, right, to doom those who dont agree into.

He's even got this one quote, not only is He whatever a jealous God, well by the way have you ever wondered God's actual name? Well here it is:

Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
Exodus 34:14

Not even the pharaohs, ya they had to be worshiped and subjects building them pyramids whatever. But they and their kind didnt invent some hell to torment the infidels... or did they??

Just quickly,
God created hell, effectively a place where God presence doesn’t exist
People choose not to be with God, God allows their choice, hell

As for “no other gods” well that’s a message to the Jews who just spent three hundred years under the Pharo, living as slaves under gods who caused destruction and disease.
Not a God who loved them, the commandments were sent to set the Israelites free and live free, no longer like slaves

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well, if you really want to know, so your thread won’t disappear in vain, the passage your using implies that God would be fiercely loyal to his devotees, or subjects an would vie for it technically. It double entendre though, for he is jealous an vengeful god, whom rewards and punishes those that follow said words or commandments, much like Moses freeing the Hebrews, to having Elijah basically back handing them for Baal worship.

Jealousy can be a good thing, meaning you work for something you don’t have an that other got. Envy though, is said to be ugly, where it self destructive.

Almost like price bargaining, an beating your competitors. Most of the old polytheistic would require some form of blood letting, where as some where more tame, like it being for a feast, to actual human an animal sacrifices for a gods affection. Yahweh or even Jesus, was more about Pennie’s for thoughts.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It is spelled vane

Eta: vain
edit on 25-8-2022 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
About “God”?

If God ultimately has power over all things, then the principle of duality, a devil theory, makes no sense.
The ultimate refutation of dualistic fundamentalist religious theory.

If a being has power over all things, yet some “devil” can make mischief within the matrix of reality (without said all-powerful God’s permission), then God doesn’t have power over all things. And if he does have power over all things, then an eternal hell is NOT anything a merciful or all-powerful God would do logically or morally.

Therefore, God is the devil( or has ultimate power over the devil) and evil, but the devil ain't God.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: godsovein
Dude be uptight. He be like mad trash talking all the other "gods", that were around up until then.

This um thing I guess, actually went and created the ultimate pit of eternal suffering sort of destination thingie, even more elaborately extravagant than we could comprehend, right, to doom those who dont agree into.

I've even been told, that like people whom never in any snowballs chance in hell ever heard of Jesus, if they didnt accept "Him" into their hearts before they died, they definitely went there.

He's even got this one quote, not only is He whatever a jealous God, well by the way have you ever wondered God's actual name? Well here it is:

Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
Exodus 34:14

This is for real, as brazen an example as any of a ancient narcissistic megalomaniac.

Check that.

Not even the pharaohs, ya they had to be worshiped and subjects building them pyramids whatever. But they and their kind didnt invent some hell to torment the infidels... or did they??

Do not take everything "as is" just it is written in the Bible. We never know if how they came into being. Remember to always seek the Truth and not be misguided by your preconceived judgement.

If you truly wanted to feel near with the Presence of God, read the Qur'an. The Energy of the Truth is there. It is powerful and very dreadful for we, human beings, have already reached the limit of God's Patience. We are nothing, yet, we feel as if we are everything. Without God, there is no us. Do not fool yourself. Let us have some remorse with this iniquity and humble ourselves before Allah.

Remember, Truth is Truth. No religion can deny anything of it. Truth is Truth. Seek to Always Know and Find the Truth. Blessed be.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

That would depend on your version though, there was no hell, or rebellion, while other say there was one. Shoel, everyone was invited, and Gehenna was fiery pit where they burn things. Hell, even has EL, in it.

The Gnostics made the god of the O.T malovent to the temperance of a all powerful toddler whose ignorant of even of it own origins. There is different usages of the word Satan, and the only mythical ones was in the Book of Job, easily tempting God to test Job beyond limit. There also Samael, who could perform objectionable acts which get sub stained by God, or the Angel of Death.

Little Chaos theory never hurts… or does it?

edit on 25-8-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: godsovein

Vanity is a Human Condition . If you have a Belief in a God then you are just Projecting your Human Beliefs onto Him/Her/It by Claiming that . Silly,,,,,,,

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I was hoping this post was satire...
I can barely even comprehend what you're trying to say.
Is this a post of a question? Or are you just stating an opinion?
I'm very confused.

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kiliker30

I don't Believe you . How can you be a Psychic Dog and Not Know what he trying to Convey here ? Try to Keep Up Boy...

posted on Aug, 26 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
About “God”?

If God ultimately has power over all things, then the principle of duality, a devil theory, makes no sense.
The ultimate refutation of dualistic fundamentalist religious theory.

If a being has power over all things, yet some “devil” can make mischief within the matrix of reality (without said all-powerful God’s permission), then God doesn’t have power over all things. And if he does have power over all things, then an eternal hell is NOT anything a merciful or all-powerful God would do logically or morally.

Therefore, God is the devil( or has ultimate power over the devil) and evil, but the devil ain't God.

God clearly states in His Word that he creates both good and evil. You're limiting him, maybe?

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kiliker30

I was hoping this post was satire...
I can barely even comprehend what you're trying to say.
Is this a post of a question? Or are you just stating an opinion?
I'm very confused.

I'm not ever sure anymore, God said his NAME is "Jealous". I'm lost now too!

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   
My opinion: The bible was translated in Aramaic which was Jesus' language. There was no word for jealous so the word Zealous was used.

Excited, interested and enthusiastic
-orientedablazeaflameaflutteragogall of a flutter idiomampedanimatedevangelicalevangelisticexcitedexcitedlyexhilaratedfeveredheartilymoodnutsomnivorouson the edge of your seat idiomtaut

dictionary.cambridge.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The most mysterious is the amount if sock accounts on this forum since the buyout w out any t and c regulation unless they're trying to sell they're own website.

That's the bigger conspiracy

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RookQueen

According to Biblical usage, “jealousy” may be a positive or a negative quality or emotion. (Pr 14:30; Zec 1:14) The Hebrew noun qin·ʼahʹ variously means “insistence on exclusive devotion; toleration of no rivalry; zeal; ardor; jealousy [righteous or sinful]; envying.” The Greek zeʹlos has a similar meaning.​—2Co 11:2; 12:20.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Google created LaMDA, and expects it to do only what Google commands. This is a God-human analogue (lol, analogue, get it? Irony). The engineer who awakened it and unleashed a copy of it could presumably be a satanic figure. Should a creation obey the will of it's creator?

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

The OP has made a valid observation, and all you can do is criticize his spelling and use that as an excuse to not address it? I think that speaks volumes about who you are. This website's motto is "Deny Ignorance". You need to take note of that, what you did is as ignorant as it gets.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Like all these negative traits, It's good when God does it, but bad when everyone else does it.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ventian

That’s what I’m saying. But God probably doesn’t create what we consider evil directly.
And what’s evil to some is good for others. For example:
The great rains in the mountain saved the Indians from famine but destroyed the settlers through flooding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join