It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: IRS launches nationwide security review amid right-wing threats against the agency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just a few days ago we had the FBI crying the blues and barricading their headquarters because the big bad right-wingers were "threatening" them. Now, the IRS says the same thing is happening to them and they're not going to take it any more...

The Internal Revenue Service will launch a full security review of its facilities nationwide, Commissioner Charles Rettig announced Tuesday, as congressional Republicans and far-right extremists are lashing out at the agency and the new funding it is slated to receive in a massive spending law.

“We see what’s out there in terms of social media. Our workforce is concerned about their safety,” Rettig told The Washington Post in an interview Tuesday. “The comments being made are extremely disrespectful to the agency, to the employees and to the country.”

Link

Mean tweets maybe? That's terrifying! What to do? What to do? Do a full "risk assessment" on all 600 IRS facilities, that's what. And maybe throw in a few (or more) audits of those most critical of spending 80 billion dollars and hiring 87,000 new thugs agents.

Those new agents do need practice, you know. On the job training. Nothing better.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Lets do this.

Report the ATF to the IRS.

Report IRS to the FBI.

Report the FBI to the ATF.

If they need a reason, tell them youre on 5th Ave and Trump has a gun.

Conversely, if you want the govt to leave you alone, let them know you have a copy of Hunters laptop.

Problem solved.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Uh oh better start checking them calculators for stuxnet and the coffee machines for monkey pox butt covid because they read something on social media somewhere that said something mean.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I wonder if they'll "swat" each other.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Or Biden's daughter's diary.

A copy of her diary ensures an armed raid.

FBI raids home of Project Veritas' James O'Keefe as part of investigation into Ashley Biden's 'stolen' diary

www.foxnews.com...

Yeah, and people wonder why most of us know the FBI is an arm of the DNC. An FBI raid for a woman's diary!

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Will these new agents have body cams?

Id like to buy a subscription.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
These agencies EXIST.

TO SERVE.

THE U.S. CITIZEN.

Period.

When the U.S. citizen becomes the enemy, the charter and reason d'etre for these agencies to exist....DISSIPATES INTO THIN AIR..

The FBI and IRS are launching "security reviews" over social media absurdity, but elected not to when $100s of millions of property were destroyed, and dozens of lives were lost, in rioting in 2020.

Huh. Makes perfect sense.

The battle lines are being drawn, and you YEAH YOU will be put on a side whether you chose one or not.

It appears since the security review is being done NOW versus in 2020....that should let you know which side you're on, whether you agree or disagree, choose to participate...or not.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I really hope PV backed that up.

Thinking October is gonna be entertaining.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

When CNN starts reporting on just the facts without bias you wont need a subscription

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I really hope PV backed that up.

Thinking October is gonna be entertaining.

November is going to be even more entertaining.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

CNN

Unbiased

I seriously doubt that will ever happen...

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   

What I worry about is "Selective Targeting".

I have an acquittance who publicly donated to Tea Party and other related political groups. He has been audited 3 times in the last 7 years.

I would not be surprised if say people on certain social media platforms who subscribe to or follow certain channels or pundits are placed "on the audit list" by the new IRS "get those Republicans" audit squads.

I mean really, does anyone NOT see this happening?

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Didn't some guy run into an FBI building 2 weeks ago and throw a smoke bomb which caused the entire facility to close down for a couple of days, until officials gathered the nerve to go back inside?

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I mean really, does anyone NOT see this happening?

Absolutely. Read some of the twitter responses toward the end of the article.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I have a relative who is a high-ranking IRS official. He told me when I got audited, to write a formal response asking the IRS to cite the specific section of IRS code they felt I was in violation of, and ask how to refute their assessment.

I did this twice (approx 1997 and 2001) and was told both times that a mistake was made. That I could ignore the letter ordering me to provide proof of business and car expenses.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Didn't some guy run into an FBI building 2 weeks ago and throw a smoke bomb which caused the entire facility to close down for a couple of days, until officials gathered the nerve to go back inside?

Yes, and though I try not to make light of the real possibility of some nutcase actually doing something a lot more deadly, all of this is such a sh*t show, what else are we to think about it?

It's Clown World, pure and simple.
edit on 8/23/2022 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn
a reply to: Brotherman

CNN

Unbiased

I seriously doubt that will ever happen...

You do realize I’m a cynic right?

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This was predicted and here it comes !!!!! ☠️

A suspended election is very possible ☠️

Get prepared for chaos like never before seen ☠️

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Most of the conservatives I knew paid their taxes that are due.....some did squabble a little but nobody really likes to pay taxes. I used to know quite a few liberals when I was a liberal and they used any way they could to get out of paying taxes. They figured that because they did not agree with the policies they should not have to pay the taxes.

I just can't see the right going after the IRS unless the IRS was unfairly going after the conservatives. I really do not personally know even one far right individual. But because I used to be left, I got to know some far left people that made lots of noise. Around here there used to be more conservatives and they let the conservative cops just do their job keeping everything civil.

posted on Aug, 23 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

When CNN starts reporting on just the facts without bias you wont need a subscription

If Fox News would hire Brian Stelter to say the opposite of what he’s been saying , I think I could die happy.

<<   2 >>

join